• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

Should be great to have the SoLace in the bag! A lot of people understand the o-Lace to be an overstable Lace, so they will understand the SoLace, I think.

After listening to the official statement, I take solace in knowing Vibram, the company, still stands for quality products and not something else.

It's great to be able to put Vibram back in my bag. :thmbup:

Please don't put Vibram back in your bag. Use that space so you can take your pascifier and banky with you.

Enough with the digs, OK...I jest....

Seriously who cares what it's called (except for those that have a few at home for collection purposes and those that are militant about making some kind of statement about the name choice), just matters that it performs....and it does.

There is always someone 'discovering' Vibram and someone moving on from rubber to plastic. I'm guessing brand recognition and sales have both gone up since all of this started.

Enough with the digs, OK...I jest....

Seriously who cares what it's called (except for those that have a few at home for collection purposes and those that are militant about making some kind of statement about the name choice), just matters that it performs....and it does.

There is always someone 'discovering' Vibram and someone moving on from rubber to plastic. I'm guessing brand recognition and sales have both gone up since all of this started.

I'm happy to say im one of the discoverers from about a week ago. Rubber is staying in my bag a long time

It's pretty close to stiletto stability.

I know the original tester 420s were Stiletto-type stability but I know Dana said on here that his run of Four20s were not as overstable as the testers. That's why I'm hoping the run of Solaces are at least as overstable as an Ape. Ape isn't as much of a meathook as a Stiletto but still overstable enough for what I like to do with it.

Last edited:
I personally dig the namr change because I lilke the Lace pattern. I like the consistency.

Looking forward to getting my hands on one.

The Four20 is definitely Ape "like". It is a stable distance driver for big arms and forehands. It flies really straight with a big fade. Personally hope the SoLace comes a little more overstable. Want a max weight and 150 class. Also XLinkFirm is going to be sweetness. XLMediums in this San Diego heat have been guuuuuuummmyyyy lately. Flat out the disc performs and is reliable. Way to go Vibram Disc Golf.

I know the original tester 420s were Stiletto-type stability but I know Dana said on here that his run of Four20s were not as overstable as the testers. That's why I'm hoping the run of Solaces are at least as overstable as an Ape. Ape isn't as much of a meathook as a Stiletto but still overstable enough for what I like to do with it.

The Four20 is definitely Ape "like". It is a stable distance driver for big arms and forehands. It flies really straight with a big fade. Personally hope the SoLace comes a little more overstable. Want a max weight and 150 class. Also XLinkFirm is going to be sweetness. XLMediums in this San Diego heat have been guuuuuuummmyyyy lately. Flat out the disc performs and is reliable. Way to go Vibram Disc Golf.

One thing that's weird to keep in mind... if one tester says, it's the beefiest disc ever. Pretty soon everyone starts saying that... it's wild-fire. That's only the beginning. Once the data starts coming in, then people will realize that it's not the beefiest thing ever. It's a little more beef. (It's probably more so than the o-Lace still, but not the beefiest beef McBeefsteroo.)

One thing that's weird to keep in mind... if one tester says, it's the beefiest disc ever. Pretty soon everyone starts saying that... it's wild-fire. That's only the beginning. Once the data starts coming in, then people will realize that it's not the beefiest thing ever. It's a little more beef. (It's probably more so than the o-Lace still, but not the beefiest beef McBeefsteroo.)

Yeah, good point. I do know that Dana is a Vibram pro so I trust what he says about the disc. I know he said a few pages back in the thread that the run of Four20s were not as overstable as the tester 420s. That is fine with me because I don't need a Stiletto but I really like an Ape's stability so a Solace at "about" that stability would be legendary.

Yeah, good point. I do know that Dana is a Vibram pro so I trust what he says about the disc. I know he said a few pages back in the thread that the run of Four20s were not as overstable as the tester 420s. That is fine with me because I don't need a Stiletto but I really like an Ape's stability so a Solace at "about" that stability would be legendary.

Yep, this was my experience with the Proto and then the Four20. I haven't pulled out the Proto since last year, but when I threw it last year, it was crazy overstable.

Yep, this was my experience with the Proto and then the Four20. I haven't pulled out the Proto since last year, but when I threw it last year, it was crazy overstable.

Received any Solaces from Vibram yet?

Got an unlace in a birdie bash on Sunday. Has to be the most understable disc ever right. I don't have the strongest arm but it still wants to flip

Got an unlace in a birdie bash on Sunday. Has to be the most understable disc ever right. I don't have the strongest arm but it still wants to flip
I'm not denying the unLace's understability but I still think the Innova Mamba is the big winner in the "Most Understable" category.

Please don't put Vibram back in your bag. Use that space so you can take your pascifier and banky with you.

So Are you suggesting replacing Vibram with innova who have about 10 midrange disc for the same shot...? If you're going to hate on Vibram leave the thread. They are a legit company and I've personally thrown every disc maker, and yet still have an all Vibram bag. If you don't like Vibram that's cool, just don't post nonsense on a thread that people follow.

Latest posts