• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

Yes but not all of them got it. A friend here is a tester and he just got the R448 which was the crazy understable one that didn't make it to production. Couldn't produce it in a weight over 160ish without too much waste.

Yeah, I only got the R448. I got the Notch/Arch and submitted reviews for both, so I should still be on the tester team.

By the way, the Arch is getting better and better as it wears in. I am hoping they don't make any modifications.

I would put it at 8 4 0 3 when fresh... mine has seasoned into 8 5 0 2. It feels similar to a Teebird but a little taller.

Yeah, that's like comparing a Firebird to a Teebird.

I would put the Ascent closer to 8 4 -1 3. It's more of a line shaper and a better sidearm disc compared to the Arch. The Arch is a straight and line holding fairway.

^^^ That's just my experience with testers I received. Who knows what the production runs will be like.

I just hate that we are 7 months in the year and have 1 new mold out in stores. I need several things in my bag to make it complete.

1 Ubex- understable ibex
1 Sobex- super overstable ibex
1 Notch- hopefully the super overstable speed 9 firebird like disc
1 Valley- hopefully be a speed 9

I really don't see why they would want to replace the Trak and the Ascent - keep them around, they are very nice discs, especially the Ascent. They have precious few molds as it is.

I really don't see why they would want to replace the Trak and the Ascent - keep them around, they are very nice discs, especially the Ascent. They have precious few molds as it is.

The ascent is an amazing disc. i just got an ace with one. I bag a players cup ascent, 2 granite ascents and a fresh big flight # new ascent for overstable or headwind shots.

Weird part is i like the older rubber compared to the newer stuff they are doing. It feels more gummy and grippy and i feel like it flies better.

Yeah, it doesn't make sense to cease production of those discs entirely unless there are problems with the mold parts (consistency/excess waste). I am speculating but perhaps the new mold designs allow them to mold discs more efficiently. They are already at a disadvantage in that regard compared to their injection molding counterparts.

In Steve's words, "There is just too much overlap with the Ascent and Trak."

They are replacing the Ascent and Trak with three molds. Each will be different. Notch, Arch and Valley. Its a good thing.

In Steve's words, "There is just too much overlap with the Ascent and Trak."

They are replacing the Ascent and Trak with three molds. Each will be different. Notch, Arch and Valley. Its a good thing.

I am not a fan of what Vibram did. I agree that the trak was close to the ascent. however replacing the whole lineup of fairway drivers. We still need 2 mid ranges and badly. Maybe could have gone for faster fairway drivers like speed 9-10

Opting for a smaller bag: VP, Summit, Ridge, Ibex, Obex, Valley, Ascent, unLace, Lace, o-Lace, Solace... also taking out the softs now that it's getting warmer outside! Hoping the Notch will be out soon! I'm getting better with tomahawks/thumbers, but I need some more practice with RHBH! Putting seems to be coming along nicely! I took 1st place in doubles with my partner at league last week, so that's nice!

Opting for a smaller bag: VP, Summit, Ridge, Ibex, Obex, Valley, Ascent, unLace, Lace, o-Lace, Solace... also taking out the softs now that it's getting warmer outside! Hoping the Notch will be out soon! I'm getting better with tomahawks/thumbers, but I need some more practice with RHBH! Putting seems to be coming along nicely! I took 1st place in doubles with my partner at league last week, so that's nice!

The ascent will never come out of my bag. also nice bag setup.

Last edited:

Latest posts