• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

My top choices for names: I like the Yeti for the R420, just sounds like a super overstable disc, and as for the R419 i like Col, or Crux

Col
A small pass or "saddle" between two peaks. Excellent for navigation as when standing on one it's always down in two, opposite, directions and up in the two directions in between those.

Crux
The most difficult portion of a climb. I agree with the dude from earlier

Glacier
A slowly moving permanent mass of ice

Siege:
To mount an extended assault on a mountain by moving laboriously upward through a series of progressively higher camps. Siege tactics include the use of oxygen, previously cached equipment dumps, and high-altitude porters to do the heavy lifting.

Yeti:
The Nepalese name for the "abominable snowman," a mythical ape-like creature said to inhabit the mountain regions of the Himalayas. Known as "barmanu" in the Karakoram.

Yeah, I was trying to be fecisious. I am sure Steve will find something that none of us have suggested and then find a good way of explaining it to all of us.

Maybe they should just call the R420B Fecisious. Nah, those New Englanders who couldn't pronounce Cairn will struggle even more with Fecisious.

Yeah, I was trying to be fecisious. I am sure Steve will find something that none of us have suggested and then find a good way of explaining it to all of us.

Maybe they should just call the R420B Fecisious. Nah, those New Englanders who couldn't pronounce Cairn will struggle even more with Fecisious.

I am sorry... I HAVE to be this guy:

Facetious

I caught this in the Ask MJ Thread and thought it was pertinent to those of us here. MJ was asked about Steve's tour proposal and here is what he had to say.

I think Steve is on the right track for growing a useful tour. He and i see eye to eye on a lot of things.

It seems that the Pros want it and I know Steve said he had a couple of people on board with this. I am wondering what y'all think and Steve, how does it feel to have some support on your brilliant idea?

We must all be waiting in complete shock and awe for Steve to announce when R420B is coming out for this thread to be this silent for the past several days. I am totally there, it can't come soon enough, but I can't stop talking Vibram people. Help me out here.

Well my friend, my putting with the firm ridge and VO red/black is very confident, I run at just about everything. Misses still end up in the "gimme" zone. My medium ridge (I've had for over a year now very broken in and has seen all the wooded drives) has kinda made my summit less useful. Turnovers and finish right shots are easier or more forgiving I should say. Today even with dialed down more finessed shots I didn't get placement as good as the well seasoned ridge. I love the ridge, what can I say?

I had a good day with my vibram discs today. Though looking back I never there my testers discs once, short wooded course so they weren't as useful but I threw my XXX (newly added Oakland raiders dye :D), which made me feel kinda bad later cause I coulda threw R420. Creatures of habit:doh:!

I had a good day with my vibram discs today. Though looking back I never there my testers discs once, short wooded course so they weren't as useful but I threw my XXX (newly added Oakland raiders dye :D), which made me feel kinda bad later cause I coulda threw R420. Creatures of habit:doh:!

You just had to mention the Raiders Dye didn't you? Do you know where I am from? Ha!

You reminded me of a brief story. I was throwing a practice round on a temp course prior to a tournament. Just so happened that the best rated player in the state of Colorado was doing the same thing so I got to play about two thirds of my round with him. Of course I was throwing mostly Vibram discs and at one point he asked why? I told him, ""I really like the way they feel coming out of my hand." He didn't say anything and then I crushed a drive on the very next hole, or at least he thought I crushed it, I thought is was an average shot with my Lace. Woot!

You just had to mention the Raiders Dye didn't you? Do you know where I am from? Ha!

You reminded me of a brief story. I was throwing a practice round on a temp course prior to a tournament. Just so happened that the best rated player in the state of Colorado was doing the same thing so I got to play about two thirds of my round with him. Of course I was throwing mostly Vibram discs and at one point he asked why? I told him, ""I really like the way they feel coming out of my hand." He didn't say anything and then I crushed a drive on the very next hole, or at least he thought I crushed it, I thought is was an average shot with my Lace. Woot!

bad disc golf joke time: Are you a chauffeur?

Cause that is parked:doh:

So at my tourney this weekend I played with 4 people whom I have never played with before. They watched me make shots that they had never seen with my Lace and couldn't believe how my Ibex flew so straight for so long. Needless to say, it didn't take much convincing to get them to try them out after the round.

As I was selecting my payout from the tourney, a couple of them came up and asked me which Ibex and Laces they should buy. Naturally, I told them to go with the weights I enjoy (176 Ibex and 170 Lace). I came to find out from buddies that all 4 of them bought Laces and Ibexes after the tourney :D :D :D

So at my tourney this weekend I played with 4 people whom I have never played with before. They watched me make shots that they had never seen with my Lace and couldn't believe how my Ibex flew so straight for so long. Needless to say, it didn't take much convincing to get them to try them out after the round.

As I was selecting my payout from the tourney, a couple of them came up and asked me which Ibex and Laces they should buy. Naturally, I told them to go with the weights I enjoy (176 Ibex and 170 Lace). I came to find out from buddies that all 4 of them bought Laces and Ibexes after the tourney :D :D :D

This makes my day. It also makes me realize I need to go buy more Vibram before other people do. Perhaps the stash I have will suffice for now. Need R420B!

Both forums have been pretty quiet. I am hoping Steve releases news on the R420B and R419B sometime this week!

Another cool story from this weekend. On friday I drew cali in doubles and the guy that was partners with a friend of mine told me that he heard that Vibram discs suck. I proceeded to tie and split the doubles pot :) I think he finally realized not to judge so readily.

Latest posts