• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

Summer is a really busy time at work for me. Thus, I haven't had time to look at forums, and I didn't even know a new disc was in the works. Until two of them showed up on my doorstep! I managed to sneak away for an hour today and do some testing.

I'm forehand dominant, but do manage to throw backhand drives once in a while. My noodle arm can only get any real distance with a champ monarch (anything else is too stable or too fast). The 419B had the same flight path, but was consistently 25-50ft farther with no more effort. Very pleased so far.

As for the 420B, well my long game is all forehand. I've been rocking the same Z Force for 5+ years and would quit golfing if I ever lost it. The 420B was getting very similar results with that awesome vibram grip and feel. Definitely need to spend some more time with it though. It is the first and only vibram I've been able to manage forehand. (ascent, trak, ibex are nice when thrown well, but wildly unpredictable for me)

Also, I hate all the super wide rim drivers. Can't use em. Glad neither of these are super wide rim.

The 420B replacing the Force? Well I guess that is alright, but that would mean the NukeOS might stay in the bag. Hmm, this is all getting confusing to me. I am still very excited to get my hands one of these bad boys.

Summer is a really busy time at work for me. Thus, I haven't had time to look at forums, and I didn't even know a new disc was in the works. Until two of them showed up on my doorstep! I managed to sneak away for an hour today and do some testing.

I'm forehand dominant, but do manage to throw backhand drives once in a while. My noodle arm can only get any real distance with a champ monarch (anything else is too stable or too fast). The 419B had the same flight path, but was consistently 25-50ft farther with no more effort. Very pleased so far.

As for the 420B, well my long game is all forehand. I've been rocking the same Z Force for 5+ years and would quit golfing if I ever lost it. The 420B was getting very similar results with that awesome vibram grip and feel. Definitely need to spend some more time with it though. It is the first and only vibram I've been able to manage forehand. (ascent, trak, ibex are nice when thrown well, but wildly unpredictable for me)

Also, I hate all the super wide rim drivers. Can't use em. Glad neither of these are super wide rim.

Is your Force really overstable? Most of the reports from testers that I have read and heard about on the R420B are that it is comparable to a Stiletto/Nuke OS. These two discs are much more overstable than a Force.

Last edited:
The 420B replacing the Force? Well I guess that is alright, but that would mean the NukeOS might stay in the bag. Hmm, this is all getting confusing to me. I am still very excited to get my hands one of these bad boys.

I have thrown a number of Forces, and R420B is WAAAAAAAAY more overstable than a Force. They're not even in the same ball park. I think he either has a freak r420b or a freak Force.

Now that we have actual test discs out and people have provided input on what they fly like, how about we start the name speculation for these 2 new discs?

R420 should be the "Time Stalker"

R419B should be the "Stalker of Time"

1017303_10152885161955184_972432182_n.jpg

Ion is going in!
1012354_10152885163350184_1699938669_n.jpg

7890_10152885164795184_1276629064_n.jpg

970751_10152885165930184_1258134944_n.jpg

970336_10152885167340184_2109845372_n.jpg

R420- Tread
r416- Trail

I sent a list of names to Steve Dodge awhile ago and both of these names were on there! I think they fit perfectly. However, Steve and the Vibram team always seem to come up with something else that is just as cool so I'm looking forward to hearing them.

Anybody send in their reviews yet?

I called the "descent" for R420B and R419B could be the "stream" or maybe the "range". Sounds cool to me!

I think "Descent" would be even better for the MOFWY when it comes out. You would have the Ascent and then it's massively overstable compliment the Descent. I do like all three names you came up with though.

A side note from the names....I have been throwing my Ridges (both 175g Firms) more and more in my rounds. I hadn't been throwing them as much because I throw my Summits a lot off the tee for just about anything but the Ridge is like the putter version of the Firebird - predictable. I know exactly where the Ridge is going every throw. I love chucking them off of the tee for anything up to 350'.

I'm starting to think the descent would be a better understable disc name, think about it, throwing downhill that's what I usually reach for.

Mmmm yeah I suppose you have a point sir. I guess the UFWY would work too for it when Vibram comes out with one! I wouldn't mind either the MOFWY or the aforementioned UFWY being named Descent. I think it's pretty cool.

The ridge is by far my most used disc and the obex has been new best friend off the tee. Often times I'll look at a sign, check the distance if it's in the obex's distance gap and outside the ridge, the obex is getting hucked.

I really liked the suggestion of the Tread for R420B. Traction and Boot would work well too.

For R419 I like Pass.

Oh the joys of another naming session.

420 and 419 names

I long time ago the name Crux was mentioned. I believe the 420 will be the "crux" of dependability and the pinnacle "<----also good name" of their overstable driver slot.

For the 419.... Traverse. The disc itself can make some pretty unique lines if needed so why not a name like Traverse.