• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

I think you'll like it

The R419 is a great control driver. Its a little touchy sometimes when thrown at full power but the lines you can create are amazing. I'm still working with the disc but right now S curves are a piece of cake with this disc

Last edited:
Here is a video that Johnny Depth filmed while I was warming up yesterday before our round. My power wasn't all that great since my back and strained elbow tendons were only at about 85%, but there are still some pretty good hucks in there. Hopefully I can get another video with the flight visible this weekend.

Shoot with trees as the backdrop and you might actually see the disc beyond the first 50 feet or so. ;)

Yeah. It was just a quick spur of the moment phone video. We plan on getting out some time soon to get one with the tripod and video camera so he can follow the flight. If you look carefully you can see some of them as they come down. His buddy way out in the field was catching them!!! :eek:

FWIW: The 419 has more stability than those flippy proto laces (for those of you who've threw em).

Hmm, that is probably good news, but I am not sure if there is going to be enough of a difference between my now flippy Laces and the the 419. There is certainly room for the 419 in my bag here in Colorado as the Laces will still fade out most of the time, but I still can't throw the Laces with anything much of a headwind.

Really kicking myself for losing so many discs the last couple weeks. Including TWO Ascents, a Trak and an Obex. At this point I'm lost without an Ascent. Don't drink and drive... You'll lose your discs.

Shoot with trees as the backdrop and you might actually see the disc beyond the first 50 feet or so. ;)

We got a better video tonight. Got a couple shots of the R420B, but sadly they weren't quite as good as some of the others. One shot where I was throwing at the cameraman does a good job of showing just how overstable this disc is.

Yeah, I am getting more and more excited about the R420B. That thing looks nice and overstable. I am wondering how far it will wear in. Any chance someone can video a thumber or tommy with the R420B and post it here?

I'm going to try and get a guy that played pitcher in college to thumb it after the tournament today. He will give the best indication on how out thumbs I think. What I am really liking about R420B is the fact that I can't turn it over. As a player with power, it is incredibly difficult to find a disc that will not turn no matter what. I am digging this disc for those times when the wind just wants to say, "Oh hell no!"

Nuke be Crushing It in that Turtle Creek video. There is a blue medium 153 gram no flight number Ascent somewhere in the woods on the left of the field at Gulley where the 1st video was shot. Friends 6 yr old kid hurled it in there about a month ago along with an r pro boss.

Latest posts