• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

Wow ! $53.00 for that last S.F. Ridge.
Somebody wanted one real bad.
Hey Dana, I think we got out cheap. :hfive:

Unless you bought the blue one ? Did you buy the blue one and pay all that money ?

Wow ! $53.00 for that last S.F. Ridge.
Somebody wanted one real bad.
Hey Dana, I think we got out cheap. :hfive:

Unless you bought the blue one ? Did you buy the blue one and pay all that money ?

Not I. I've got a few stashed away and its about that time I bust em out with this cold weather coming in.

PS I picked up the twin Granite Summit that used to be your profile pic (was that you?).

Alla my Granite avatars are Ridges.

I'm thinking I might have to toss the Super Firm Ridge in the bag now that I have a backup.
Super Firms have that resounding drum like ring when they hit the chains, much louder, and more satisfying than the other formulas.
Its like putting with authority, everybody within earshot knows you drained it.

Got my third ace in the last 5 weeks today on hole #12 at Jackson Park in Rapid City, SD. The evening sun saw a Vibram Sole glide past the downed trees (from winter storm Atlas) right into the chains.
886125_567047730011662_1081450662_o.jpg

1397902_567047650011670_2129341639_o.jpg

:clap::clap::clap:

you are pretty nasty meng... going to have to road trip out that way and play some SD courses as well as the wayyyyyyy west MN. Was a blast seeing you bomb at Bryant! Got a good laugh when I felt up the stupid soft red ibex at GGGT this past week.

:clap::clap::clap:

you are pretty nasty meng... going to have to road trip out that way and play some SD courses as well as the wayyyyyyy west MN. Was a blast seeing you bomb at Bryant! Got a good laugh when I felt up the stupid soft red ibex at GGGT this past week.

Haha, thanks! Yeah. Hit me up if you find your way to western SoDak. I'll be here until at least May 10 probably. Then I'm off to Houston for the summer.

ok, so the summit is actually pretty understable. i tried using it as a go-to today, and had to aim a good 50 feet to the right on my drives. it's not uncontrollable, but the summit does love to flip. for putting it rocked.

The Summit/VP combo works pretty good for me. The VP is a great driving putter. Never turns on me and is very predictable. When I get in close range, then I change up to the summit. Also use the summit when I need an anny shot.

Gotta get that hyzer flip going with the Summit! I love me a good hyzerflip Summit shot.

Yes!
I throw lots of hyzer flip approaches LHFH with my medium Summit. Anywhere from flip to flat then straight with very slight fade, to less hyzer for nice smooth turnover.
Probably throw Summit on >75% of upshots.
I've hit several nice right turning upshots through gaps and around trees with many more near misses along the way.
The wind the last few days has given me some trouble so I just ordered a VP in soft.
My cousin really likes my soft ridge I forgot at his place this summer so I let him keep it. :)

Holy cow- got my 1st glow round (tourney) of the year in last night and man do the Vibram's glow like crazy!! I had a little black light flashlight and after charging up the disc it was almost too bright.

I love glow golf and havnt tried any vibram yet glow rubber will be the straw that breaks the camels back for me I will definately try some vibram glow!

Got some work in today with the F and M unLace. As expected, the F was quite understable. It flew exactly as I expected. Loved it for rolling, which is why it will be in the bag. I threw it powered down on a near vertical hyzer and got some good flights. Had to power down to less than 50% to get it to fly.

Threw the M in the field a few times with a big tail wind and it outflew the Lace. Id estimate it was right around the 500 mark. Fun disc to throw!

Got some work in today with the F and M unLace. As expected, the F was quite understable. It flew exactly as I expected. Loved it for rolling, which is why it will be in the bag. I threw it powered down on a near vertical hyzer and got some good flights. Had to power down to less than 50% to get it to fly.

Threw the M in the field a few times with a big tail wind and it outflew the Lace. Id estimate it was right around the 500 mark. Fun disc to throw!

The unLace could possibly be the best roller disc ever. And tail wind drives are amazing. Definately further than the Lace in the right conditions. It really is amazing to see them roll though and I have been overly impressed with how well they hold their angle while rolling.