• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

Got a quick (cold and windy) field session in today with the production O-Lace...

Very, very happy with how it turned out. First off, it is not as shallow as the Protos were. More comfortable in the hand. The glide was very good and it had that easy Lace like distance. I got some throws into a 15-20 mph (cold!) headwind and with a Hyzer release they popped up and had a nice "S" flight. It is not a meat hook by any means, but it has some good stability. The progression in stability from unLace to Lace to O-Lace is perfect.
These are my initial thoughts. I look forward to getting some throws in this weekend (including some forehand and big distance shots).

This is good news. And hopefully the meat hook comes before you go down to Arizona for the Memorial. I am predicting a really windy year this year.

So I have given up on my quest for black Soles (although I still have a large quantity order pipedream)
So next best would be solid color soles. I have found them in soft, and can also find the three flat tops in solid colors, but anybody know of any solid color Soles in medium of firm?

Just like my putters to stand out from the rest, is that too much to ask lol.

My Glow unLace arrived today.
Looks like they changed the flight path and added numbers to the back.
Question is now, will all the new production unLaces have the same flight path?
Also, ignore the color... I was holding it up to a lamp to take the picture.

I believe the non-first runs have the correct flight pattern (RHBH turn then fade). The -12 and +4 appear to be new.

Just wanted to pop by and commend Mr. Dodge on running one of the best companies for the little guys and their smaller clubs. Ordered a set of 20 custom discs for the club to help raise some funds for 3 new pads next spring. Or logo is Black and White so the cream discs and a black stamp will be awesome. Got a call the next morning making sure we got all we could for our money and asked if we wanted to add any color to or stamp. That kind of customer support is going to go far in this sport and I can't wait to get some Vibram into everyone's bag around here.

Thank you again Mr. Dodge, continue the good work.

Looking at what you have in your sig as your bag, I'd say the Lace might be a good choice, since you don't have any distance drivers (likely by choice). If you want to put your Wizards in danger, pick up a Ridge. It's my favor disc by them by far.

This is one company I have yet to throw.

I've been wanting to get one for a bit,but I'm not sure which is the more popular one to try.

It all depends on what kind of disc you want to throw. Really you can't go wrong with whatever disc you try. I love just about every disc Vibram has made and they all make me smile when I throw them. Most of the time anywho, but the variance is usually due to operator error and desiring to throw a Vibram disc when Vibram doesn't currently make the disc that I know I should throw. In time that will be solved and the world will be a better place.

Just wanted to pop by and commend Mr. Dodge on running one of the best companies for the little guys and their smaller clubs. Ordered a set of 20 custom discs for the club to help raise some funds for 3 new pads next spring. Or logo is Black and White so the cream discs and a black stamp will be awesome. Got a call the next morning making sure we got all we could for our money and asked if we wanted to add any color to or stamp. That kind of customer support is going to go far in this sport and I can't wait to get some Vibram into everyone's bag around here.

Thank you again Mr. Dodge, continue the good work.

I would expect nothing less from Vibram. They are the class of the disc golf world. No one makes a better more tested product. No one is as friendly and helpful. They have super high integrity and sponsor people who are the same.

Hey Mr. Dodge! Any word yet on which retailers are going to have OLaces for sale on the 15th?

Yes I would love to try one as well, speaking of new vibram any thoughts as to what the next disc may be?

I see a big hole from the trak/ascent to the lace family. Maybe a Beast like speed 10?

Yes I would love to try one as well, speaking of new vibram any thoughts as to what the next disc may be?

I see a big hole from the trak/ascent to the lace family. Maybe a Beast like speed 10?

I just switched to all Vibram for the winter, and I am very pleased with how my first all-Vibram round went yesterday. The soft rubber is so comfortable to throw! I will need the O-lace and will pick up the Ibex and Trak to have understable options in those ranges.

I see two needs after the O-lace: Mobex and Oscent. Better names are surely needed, but the point is to add a mid and a fairway that are more overstable than the Obex and Ascent.

Mr. Dodge quote:

"We will be making a couple new materials, a Vibram bag, apparel, water bottles, patches, stickers, towels, OS and US versions of the Lace, a MOBEX and a UBEX, and investigating a MOFWY and perhaps making an understable putter that does not turn quite as much as the Summit. Maybe even a basket?"

"Now we've just got to figure out the order."

So we have the US and OS versions of the Lace - unLace & O-Lace. Just need the MOS version which I've dubbed the reLace. I bet that will be released next. Then there are the US and MOS midranges Ubex and Mobex. Also a MOFWY which I dubbed "Oscent" awhile back in the thread. Like Steve said though, who knows what the order will be. I'm hoping Vibram releases a USFWY in there too at some point.

At this point, though, I am just really excited to get some of the overstable O-Laces in my bag!

Looking at what you have in your sig as your bag, I'd say the Lace might be a good choice, since you don't have any distance drivers (likely by choice). If you want to put your Wizards in danger, pick up a Ridge. It's my favor disc by them by far.

Yeah it is by choice. I enjoy throwing Faster Drivers,but I like the Accuracy over distance thing.Lace does look good on paper though.

And my Freak and Saint are my distance drivers. :p

I will never let my Wizards get in Danger. :D They have been loyal to me for too many years. or is that the other way around. :hfive:

It all depends on what kind of disc you want to throw. Really you can't go wrong with whatever disc you try. I love just about every disc Vibram has made and they all make me smile when I throw them. Most of the time anywho, but the variance is usually due to operator error and desiring to throw a Vibram disc when Vibram doesn't currently make the disc that I know I should throw. In time that will be solved and the world will be a better place.

Is there anything by Vibram that is between my River and Trident? I think that is all my bag needs and it will be a complete bag.

random question for you virbram guys .. i have a buddy who is looking for the "soft" summit for backups and i was looking online at discgolfcenter for some and all the vibram putters have no soft in stock.. are these still being produced or was it a limited run?

Yeah it is by choice. I enjoy throwing Faster Drivers,but I like the Accuracy over distance thing.Lace does look good on paper though.

And my Freak and Saint are my distance drivers. :p

I will never let my Wizards get in Danger. :D They have been loyal to me for too many years. or is that the other way around. :hfive:

Is there anything by Vibram that is between my River and Trident? I think that is all my bag needs and it will be a complete bag.

Both the Trak and Ascent would fit between those two. The Trak might be a little close to your River, so I'd say an Ascent. Should be longer and straighter than your trident, with not quite as much dump on the end.

Mr. Dodge quote:

"We will be making a couple new materials, a Vibram bag, apparel, water bottles, patches, stickers, towels, OS and US versions of the Lace, a MOBEX and a UBEX, and investigating a MOFWY and perhaps making an understable putter that does not turn quite as much as the Summit. Maybe even a basket?"

"Now we've just got to figure out the order."

So we have the US and OS versions of the Lace - unLace & O-Lace. Just need the MOS version which I've dubbed the reLace. I bet that will be released next. Then there are the US and MOS midranges Ubex and Mobex. Also a MOFWY which I dubbed "Oscent" awhile back in the thread. Like Steve said though, who knows what the order will be. I'm hoping Vibram releases a USFWY in there too at some point.

Sadly that leaves plastic in my bag in that missing slot. Personally especially before another putter I would like to see that lower speed distance driver. A vibram bag would be interesting though. I assume it would would have a Vibram rubber bottom. ;)

Latest posts