• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

random question for you virbram guys .. i have a buddy who is looking for the "soft" summit for backups and i was looking online at discgolfcenter for some and all the vibram putters have no soft in stock.. are these still being produced or was it a limited run?

I got my softies from Marshall Street, including a Summit.

Sadly that leaves plastic in my bag in that missing slot. Personally especially before another putter I would like to see that lower speed distance driver. A vibram bag would be interesting though. I assume it would would have a Vibram rubber bottom. ;)

I am sure Steve and Vibram will get to the speed 9/10 eventually but right now they are working on getting their 4x4 grid lineup filled out. That is, the 4 stabilities of understable, stable, overstable, and massively overstable in each of the 4 main disc areas of putt & approach, midrange, fairway driver, and distance driver. Once this "grid" is filled in then I am sure Vibram will address other areas (hopefully a bag too!).

To all Vibram Testers,

I'm wondering if there has been any word on when we'll get our new Proto disc? I'm dying with a anticipation

I'm assuming it is going to be a while. The unLace just came out, glow discs just came out, Vibram recently started doing the custom disc orders, and the O-Lace is being released in a few days. That is a ton on Vibrams plate and the most recent disc (O-Lace) hasn't even hit shelves yet.

I am sure they have plans for the next disc and are doing their share of diligent R&D but production has been tied up (and probably will continue to be, building up O-Lace stock, including future firms) with all the new releases and I'm sure development has been tied up with the multiple retoolings of the O-Lace.

My best guess (and I think this is still on the optimistic side) is we will receive a new disc to test at the beginning of the spring.

However, I hope I am wrong and we all receive tester discs tomorrow! :D

Edit: And I am hoping it's the Mobex or Ubex!

I'm assuming it is going to be a while. The unLace just came out, glow discs just came out, Vibram recently started doing the custom disc orders, and the O-Lace is being released in a few days. That is a ton on Vibrams plate and the most recent disc (O-Lace) hasn't even hit shelves yet.

I am sure they have plans for the next disc and are doing their share of diligent R&D but production has been tied up (and probably will continue to be, building up O-Lace stock, including future firms) with all the new releases and I'm sure development has been tied up with the multiple retoolings of the O-Lace.

My best guess (and I think this is still on the optimistic side) is we will receive a new disc to test at the beginning of the spring.

The O-Lace?

Is that the overstable version?

At this point, though, I am just really excited to get some of the overstable O-Laces in my bag!

Yeah I am about to post a for sale thread in the MP to build up some Paypal to pick up an o-Lace or two. Really pumped to see if they can knock the Destroyers out of my bag, which I absolutely love for forehand. If they have even close to the glide of a Lace with a similar stability to a Destroyer I will be a very happy man.

The O-Lace?

Is that the overstable version?

Yep. Coming out on the 15th. Supposed to destroyer like with a meathook distance driver coming sometime (I'd expect that to be the next release). Dana posted about his a page or two ago and you can go to Vibram's website for more info.

Yep. Coming out on the 15th. Supposed to destroyer like with a meathook distance driver coming sometime (I'd expect that to be the next release). Dana posted about his a page or two ago and you can go to Vibram's website for more info.

That is pretty cool man.

If I ever Start to throw High Speed Drivers again I'll look into this Lace Trio.

Is there anything by Vibram that is between my River and Trident? I think that is all my bag needs and it will be a complete bag.

I would say that both the Trak and Ascent are in the range you are talking about. The Trak may become more like the River over time. That being said, the Ascent is a love hate relationship and is one of the more unpredictable molds from Vibram as they could come in a variety of stabilities. I have had an on again off again relationship with the Ascent but at this point it should be permanently on again. Both are great discs, it is more a matter of what you really want. My Trak is not as trustworthy as my Ascent based purely on stability. But I love the Trak and the shapes you can make with it. It pretty much holds a line until wind becomes a factor. The Ascent will always come back at the end, but does have some high speed turn.

random question for you virbram guys .. i have a buddy who is looking for the "soft" summit for backups and i was looking online at discgolfcenter for some and all the vibram putters have no soft in stock.. are these still being produced or was it a limited run?

They run softs once a year and release them in October. If they are all gone from this year, wait another year and you should be able to find them again.

Has anyone thrown the glow Traks yet? Flight thoughts? It seemed that most of mine were a little on the domey side of things, which leads me to believe they will fly slightly overstable.

Has anyone thrown the glow Traks yet? Flight thoughts? It seemed that most of mine were a little on the domey side of things, which leads me to believe they will fly slightly overstable.
I feel mine, which is slightly domier than my mediums, is just a bit more stable. The difference is fairly negligible.

Edit: And I am hoping it's the Mobex or Ubex!

Agreed, I'm waiting for the rest of the mid-range disc to come out. I wouldn't mind a MOFWY though. I like my ascent but sometimes I just don't want any turn. We will see though.

And props to the guys at Vibram! They have been pumping out some amazing stuff lately. No rush to come out with a new disc, but I want one :p

Gennataos - Thanks, Ill give that a try

As for the smell, its a chemical smell that I cant really describe. Its not wholly unpleasant, but its not great either.

Sort of like Sharpies and gasoline. Soon we will see people huffing Vibram glow ;)

In all seriousness though mild soap and a bath cleaned up the smell and added a touch of grip for me. Now if you have an extra smelly glow Ibex I will take it off your hands for you.

Latest posts