• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

It sounds like we did not correct this problem. If that is the case, please shoot me an email so we can investigate. [email protected]

While we do make errors (the third disc used to be a manual check that sometimes did get missed (8 cases of this so far)), we make sure that all errors that we know about are fixed.

Note: PMing me on here does not count as emailing me as I do not check my PMs on here very often (as the 7 people awaiting a reply can attest!).

Our TD cleared it up and to my knowledge has given you my address, thanks as well Steve!

Hmm, sole might be more my style since it's beadless. How is it as a driving putter? And the Trak, what Innova disc would you compare it to? Anything like a champ leopard? I throw mostly Latitude and love the River, which is similar to a leopard.

I'd go with Trak/Sole. The Trak is a great forehand disc, and it flies nicely on backhand throws, similar to TLs as aforementioned. Good for anhyzer throws as well as hyzer lines. A lot of people who are newer to the game, such as myself, can throw their Trak farther than their Lace, which is good to point out, because the Lace is a speed 14 driver, according to infinitediscs.com whereas the Trak is a speed 7 driver, like a TeeBird and TL.

The Sole is a great driving putter! Glides like a mid-range. It's more comparable to a Innova Aviar P&A. It has a high-degree of high-speed stability and a nice bevel, making it beadless. Pound-for-pound the Sole is Vibram's most versatile putter, but having said that their other offerings are stellar, and I'd recommend them to anyone. But for you, I'd recommend the Sole, because it is the most complete package overall.

Last edited:
I'd go with Trak/Sole. The Trak is a great forehand disc, and it flies nicely on backhand throws, similar to TLs as aforementioned. Good for anhyzer throws as well as hyzer lines. A lot of people who are newer to the game, such as myself, can throw their Trak farther than their Lace, which is good to point out, because the Lace is a speed 14 driver, according to infinitediscs.com whereas the Trak is a speed 7 driver, like a TeeBird and TL.

The Sole is a great driving putter! Glides like a mid-range. It's more comparable to a Innova Aviar P&A. It has a high-degree of high-speed stability and a nice bevel, making it beadless. Pound-for-pound the Sole is Vibram's most versatile putter, but having said that their other offerings are stellar, and I'd recommend them to anyone. But for you, I'd recommend the Sole, because it is the most complete package overall.

Thanks, really helpful! I went with a 170-172 medium Trak and a 173-175 medium Sole. Birdie Bash is this Saturday and I'll definitely post back detailing my experience with the discs and the tournament overall. Thanks again for everyone's input.

Big congrats to Dana Vicich for taking second at one of my home courses. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing the area pros get taken down by the awesome that is Vibram! Bad sportsmanship I know but I should have just stuck out from playing and caddy as intended. Congrats again dude! That was a difficult course under those conditions.

Last edited:
THAT was awesome. Thanks Dana! :hfive: :clap:

Indeed, but it only goes to show that Vibram makes you drink the Kool-Aid and then you become like Steve, giving vague answers and attempting to throw people off the trail. Mwah Ha Ha Ha!

Then again, I am excited about the possibility of a Vibram basket that catches even better than the Mach-X and will become the standard for all NTs and Majors.

Thanks, really helpful! I went with a 170-172 medium Trak and a 173-175 medium Sole. Birdie Bash is this Saturday and I'll definitely post back detailing my experience with the discs and the tournament overall. Thanks again for everyone's input.

Not a problem! One thing we love hearing about in this thread is Birdie Bash experiences! That's how I got started with disc golf/Vibram! Loved every minute since then!

Post up some pictures if you take any. I took some pictures of my local birdie bash, and they were a huge success with my local league mates. Taking pictures is a great way to score cool points with your other league members, because they will see themselves as the star of the show. :thmbup:

1015926_863609123665609_1300270067_o.jpg

Yeah, I am thinking the overstable disc is legit but not the bag and the basket on the car. I really hope I am wrong about the bag though.

Yeah, I am thinking the overstable disc is legit but not the bag and the basket on the car. I really hope I am wrong about the bag though.

I agree with you there. I bet the name of the overstate disc is the joke part there. The bag shown in the picture looks kind of like a lunch box so I hope that's not an actual picture of the disc bag they are working on.

Mr Dodge, are you making the trip to Bowling Green next month? Look forward to seeing you there.

I will not be heading to Bowling Green this year. We are spreading the sponsorship love via our team this year.

Indeed, but it only goes to show that Vibram makes you drink the Kool-Aid and then you become like Steve, giving vague answers and attempting to throw people off the trail. Mwah Ha Ha Ha!

Then again, I am excited about the possibility of a Vibram basket that catches even better than the Mach-X and will become the standard for all NTs and Majors.

Note: I hope we are not making - or even thinking about making - a basket, if so, I suspect Maple Hill should not have put in 40+ new Mach Xs. :doh:

Note: I hope we are not making - or even thinking about making - a basket, if so, I suspect Maple Hill should not have put in 40+ new Mach Xs. :doh:

Just look at it as helping the economy rebound. More manufacturing, more shipping, more labor = more jobs.

I'm an optimist...

:thmbup:

taking over the bag

First the lace, then the olace. Soon followed by the trak and ridge... Oh my these are both amazingly controllable. The slow creep of vibram into my bag is undeniable. Ibex/obex.... Can't supplant my disccraft mids yet but I am not giving up on them. Thank you for the fantastic lineup and, if the bag is real.... Backpack PLEASE!