• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

That's a good pitch for the olace. What do you use the 2 solaces for?
I currently have 1 lace, 1 unlace, 2 traks and an ascent. I tend to reach for the ascent first. I want an amazing disctance driver. I want a more overstable lace.

Pick up an O-Lace then. Get it in the same weight and blend as your Lace. It will have the same great glide, a similar forward, penetrating fade, but with more HSS.

I have a putter inquiry I was hoping to get help with. I'm aware that Vimbram has this glideless putter stigma, which seems to be a somewhat true claim at low speeds with my VP, but I'd like to know if that's the case with their other putters. I'm looking for a putter for Wizard type drives. Sole vs Ridge right? On inbounds it looks like the Sole is the most similar, however, there seems to be some conflicting reports by reviewers. Can someone give me their personal rundown??? Are either Wizardy or are they both just way too short to be comparable to the Wiz?

IMO a ridge is much more like a wizard but believe its a little more shallow. Summit and Sole have a different kind of flight and definitely more traditional glide to them in that sense.

I went hard on all the vibram putters for a while but went back to my anodes/ions mostly b/c I preferred them for drives. What exactly are you looking for in a driving putter? Ridge and VP are very HSS. Sole is the odd ball out of the group for sure and wont feel or fly much like a wizard IMO due to more glide and less HSS- pretty sure its similar to a beadless aviar.

I use the olace for fh distance and throwing bh in to the wind. the solace is for fh hyzers and skip shots in my bag.

imo the ridge is closest to the wizard the sole has more glide but I would compare it to a magnet or a beadles avair.

I have a putter inquiry I was hoping to get help with. I'm aware that Vimbram has this glideless putter stigma, which seems to be a somewhat true claim at low speeds with my VP, but I'd like to know if that's the case with their other putters. I'm looking for a putter for Wizard type drives. Sole vs Ridge right? On inbounds it looks like the Sole is the most similar, however, there seems to be some conflicting reports by reviewers. Can someone give me their personal rundown??? Are either Wizardy or are they both just way too short to be comparable to the Wiz?

ridge goes far...it's a great driving putter. I like it more than the wiz for driving, personally. It is not as glidey but it can still go far. And it is easy to throw far IMO because of the flatter profile. The problem is trying to cycle them. My ridges were actually just a tiiiiiny bit more os than my wizards and easier to throw clean due to the flat profile. Very close. Fwiw I only threw firm ridges.

I held and threw a model of our next disc! Probably an early Spring release. Tester Team folks, thanks for your patience, in a couple months, I suspect it will payoff!

This was posted in the middle of September, so I don't expect testers until the middle of November since he said a couple of months. Also, not being negative, with the rate Vibram moves it'll probably be December or January.

This was posted in the middle of September, so I don't expect testers until the middle of November since he said a couple of months. Also, not being negative, with the rate Vibram moves it'll probably be December or January.

My first LOL of the day! "With the way Vibram moves ..." PRICELESS! :)

still trying to figure out how to become a tester.

They probably won't be adding any testers for the near future. They ran way more birdie bashes last year than they expected, so when one of the prizes for that was a spot on the tester team, they added 100 people there.

Oh yeah I'm totally shamed. :|

They bring out their product line slowly and I have stated in the past I appreciate that because it results in a quality product.

i like that vibram moves slowly but i think they could speed up a little say 2/3 molds a year.

Oh yeah I'm totally shamed. :|

They bring out their product line slowly and I have stated in the past I appreciate that because it results in a quality product.

They won't even make difference color glows due to the quality of the product. That is one of the main concern that Steve brought out when he was in Cincinnati. Vibram does not make a lot of discs but has a quality product.

They expect the glows to last 3-4 hours and the different color glows did not last that long. Even though in my opinion they wont have a problem moving different color glows they wont make them.

Meh, I prefer quality over quantity. Keep it up Steve!

how is 3 new mold in a year cut quality. i am not talking about 3 a month like some companies. 1 disc every 4 months in this industry is moving turtle slow. i love the feel and quality of vibram discs. I carry an all vibram bag but there are shots i don't have because of it. would like to be able to round out the bag better.

They should be releasing discs when they are ready to, not to meet some arbitrary # per year goal. That's when quality goes out the window in many situations.

Latest posts