• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

I'm still waiting for Vibram to come out with discs that should be no-brainers like the Firebird, Drone, Comet, and for good measure throw in the Condor.

the 2 discs i am hoping they will make are a viper like disc just a pure utlity disc, and something like a stratus stingray type disc understable easy to turn fast mid slow fairway. i still like the lid idea but other holes in the line up need to get filled first.

Have you heard of the Lace? No brainer ther

Are you implying that the Firebird and Lace are similar? Spoiler alert: they are not.

I have my doubts whether or not Vibram could actually make something stiff and durable as a champ Firebird though.

Last edited:
Are you implying that the Firebird and Lace are similar? Spoiler alert: they are not.

I have my doubts whether or not Vibram could actually make something stiff and durable as a champ Firebird though.

The Lace is not like the Firebird, I think he was pointing out that the Lace filled a spot that was clearly needed in our lineup. The Firebird (SOverstable Fairway driver) is a spot that is still needed.

Have you thrown a Solace? It would, imo, be a faster Firebird.

The Firebird (SOverstable Fairway driver) is a spot that is still needed.

I wouldn't complain if Vibram released a SOverstable mid either. I have two Vibram discs molds that I've worked into the bag that defiantly earned their spots and now I'm simply just looking for more reasons to add another. Are there any new rubber blends that Vibram plans to showcase in the near future?

i would say an ascent is close to a firebird. maybe a bit more understable but definately is overstable. Look for the ascents with the big flight #'s.

Curious - are there any testers on this thread that live in the Twin Cities?

I'm not seeing the Firbird comparison and I don't think I've ever thrown an FL. I'm going to play it safe with my personal dicription and say the Ascent is between an Eagle and a TeeBird. I'm defiantly digging how Vibram has their complete line up in all weights and that they're more or less the same rubber blend. It makes the learning curve a lot easier when going up and down weight.

Does anyone know if it would be worthwhile to set my alarm for midnight tonight to place an order for glow or does it not work that way? Anyone? :\

Latest posts