• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

If anyone finds themselves interested in trading some Vibram glows for Medium Vibrams, send me a PM! I'm looking for a Ridge, Ibex, Vamp and possibly a Notch. I really don't want to blow the money on the glows, even though they're in stock right now, but would happily trade away some backups at a 2 for 1 rate.

I'm just glad I bought glow last year. The color rimmed glow looks cool, but seems like a bad idea to me. The rim is the thickest part and therefore has the most glow material and therefore glows the brightest and longest of any part of the disc. Making that not glow doesn't make sense.

I'm just glad I bought glow last year. The color rimmed glow looks cool, but seems like a bad idea to me. The rim is the thickest part and therefore has the most glow material and therefore glows the brightest and longest of any part of the disc. Making that not glow doesn't make sense.
It might be a cost-saving measure to make them available as wholesale. Or, I hope, it's for added durability on the rims. I've found the glow material is much more likely to ding and get chewed up than medium, particularly for the fairways and drivers.

I've played twice with glow now with the new ones. They aren't any harder to find at all. I just put a smiley face on the flight plate and use that for 3 holes and then recharge it. It is not an issue with the new discs.

I caved and ordered a glow Ridge, Ibex, Obex, Valley and Notch to go with my Sole, Ascent and Lace. There's a strong chance I'll return the Obex and Notch...Not a big fan of either mold and only got them to round out the glow bag. The Ascent can probably fill the roll of both for me.

I finally got to take my Glow Valley and Glow Arch out for a spin. Me likee! :thmbup:

So, here is a question....are they flying exactly like their medium counterparts? Or is there a difference? I have yet to try either in medium.

I finally got to take my Glow Valley and Glow Arch out for a spin. Me likee! :thmbup:

So, here is a question....are they flying exactly like their medium counterparts? Or is there a difference? I have yet to try either in medium.

I have not thrown a glow valley, but the arches I have thrown have been similar.

I have not thrown a glow valley, but the arches I have thrown have been similar.

That is what I am hoping. Medium discs are inbound. I bonded with the Valley instantly. It was easy to make it do what I wanted. Now working with the Arch. I definitely see the Lace characteristics in it. That is a very good thing. :thmbup: Just wish there was a squishy version out now...softies are my favorites for some reason.

Saw the vid. Good job. :hfive: Hate it when you can't see the flight paths. Yours was easy to follow. :thmbup:

I was messing around with disc tracking again this week, and made a video for the Vibram Arch. This is the first segment of another video I am working on where I compare the Arch to the Eagle, and Rival. Feel free to check it out and let me know what you think:

What I'd love to see is all of the Vibram fairway drivers compared to each other. So toss the Notch then the Arch then the Valley then the Vamp on the same line and compare how they fly. I've compared two of them at a time off the tee when playing; it'd be nice to have a video reference for how they handle on different lines.

I was messing around with disc tracking again this week, and made a video for the Vibram Arch. This is the first segment of another video I am working on where I compare the Arch to the Eagle, and Rival. Feel free to check it out and let me know what you think:

http://dgunderground.com/2015/vibram-arch-disc-golf-test-flight-video-with-disc-tracking/
have really enjoyed the vidoes would love to see the arch thrown vs the acsent and the track vs the valley. have a stack of the older fairways but haven't thrown the new ones yet.

have really enjoyed the vidoes would love to see the arch thrown vs the acsent and the track vs the valley. have a stack of the older fairways but haven't thrown the new ones yet.

The new ones glide so much better. I quit carrying my Trak because it flew like a frisky midrange instead of a fairway driver for me. The three new fairways I carry (Arch, Valley, Vamp) all carry like fairway drivers for me.

What I'd love to see is all of the Vibram fairway drivers compared to each other. So toss the Notch then the Arch then the Valley then the Vamp on the same line and compare how they fly. I've compared two of them at a time off the tee when playing; it'd be nice to have a video reference for how they handle on different lines.
I kind of made a video like that with my brother. I need to go back and try and put disc tracking on it. Here is the link:

https://youtu.be/9aYZVmD2_2g