• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

They had a lot of potential IMO and I actually like the Obex and Lace/it's variants a lot. Still don't know if there is a backhand driver I throw farther than the Lace I lost.

I wonder now that disc golf is on another boom due to covid if they would consider setting up again?

They had a lot of potential IMO and I actually like the Obex and Lace/it's variants a lot. Still don't know if there is a backhand driver I throw farther than the Lace I lost.

I wonder now that disc golf is on another boom due to covid if they would consider setting up again?

I doubt vibram would, but I bet they would sell off their molding pieces. So somebody could.

I doubt vibram would, but I bet they would sell off their molding pieces. So somebody could.

I wonder if you could adapt them for plastic use or if they could only be used on the rubber press? The system was very interesting, but it seems like it would only work within their factory.

I wonder if you could adapt them for plastic use or if they could only be used on the rubber press? The system was very interesting, but it seems like it would only work within their factory.

Somebody else could come up with a rubber blend.

I had a beat Lace that was my go to for a while, till I lost it. Damn, did that thing have glide.

Bagged an Ibex for a while, which falls between a Comet and a Buzzz in terms of stability. One of the straightest discs I've ever thrown.

Currently using a beat ESP Buzz in that slot, but I wasn't happy we they decided to exit DG.

But $300 for a Trek??? Hell, I think I got a few never thrown Vibrams I'd be willing to sell for just $100.
:D

Last edited:
The Shryke is basically a plastic version of the Lace. The Ibex was a nice straight mid. I liked the Obex in lighter weights. The good runs of Ascent were one of my favorite fairways. I still bag a Summit from time to time.

For how much people were eager to see big companies get involved in disc golf, it was weird to see all the Vibram hate. Maybe it was just Steve Dodge.

The Shryke is basically a plastic version of the Lace. The Ibex was a nice straight mid. I liked the Obex in lighter weights. The good runs of Ascent were one of my favorite fairways. I still bag a Summit from time to time.

For how much people were eager to see big companies get involved in disc golf, it was weird to see all the Vibram hate. Maybe it was just Steve Dodge.

Steve is a polarizing guy. Vibram probably never would have made a mold without him, but possibly didn't reach their potential because of him. Definitely a good idea man, the DGPT was his brainchild as well right?

Always felt that the fact that they only made one ove disc each that were very under or overstable hurt them a bit. Not a whole lot of super beginner friendly discs other than the Ibex and the Solace was the only thing they made that was actually overstable.

The Notch is o/s, as is the Crag.
Towards the end, they put out a few more different fairway molds - Arch, Valley, Vamp & Onyx, which are fairly straight to understable.

Still use the Obex. Very straight with predictable fade at the end. Been using it more than my Buzzz lately.

Maybe someone would pick up their dies, the way that GGGT picked up Lightning Discs.

Towards the end, they put out a few more different fairway molds - Arch, Valley, Vamp & Onyx, which are fairly straight to understable.

Still use the Obex. Very straight with predictable fade at the end. Been using it more than my Buzzz lately.

Maybe someone would pick up their dies, the way that GGGT picked up Lightning Discs.
I can't imagine you ever going Buzzzless....

Eh, I have both and they are OSish. I like a bit more stability than that.

Messing around with a stack of Comets yesterday, trying to get down the right amount of hyzer to get them to flip up and go straight, and added in a Tremor and my one Vamp. Had a chain out with the Vamp. That thing flies straight and well! Dang, I wish I had a couple more of those!

Vibram thrower and collector here. Anyone know where I could locate a pink rim Vibram glow Valley for sale or trade?
Thanks

Vibram thrower and collector here. Anyone know where I could locate a pink rim Vibram glow Valley for sale or trade?
Thanks

If you do facebook, head to the Vibram Disc Gold Collectors Group. Solid ppl and you'll have a much better chance of finding what ya need

Hey Vibram fans, I"m on the hunt for a specific disc. Anyone have a pink rim glow Valley? I"m looking to buy outright or trade for the glow Valley. Let me know if you have the pink rim glow Valley please. Thanks!

I am hearing that Vibram may start producing discs again. The player base has probably doubled since they left the sport in early 2018.

I am hearing that Vibram may start producing discs again. The player base has probably doubled since they left the sport in early 2018.

They sent out a survey monkey link to their mailing list last week. Could be possible!

They sent out a survey monkey link to their mailing list last week. Could be possible!
If they still have the molds and equipment it seems like a no-brainer. They had good discs. They still have a following even after being out of the sport for several years. Retailers can't keep stuff in stock and are dying for inventory. They would sell everything they make.

If they still have the molds and equipment it seems like a no-brainer. They had good discs. They still have a following even after being out of the sport for several years. Retailers can't keep stuff in stock and are dying for inventory. They would sell everything they make.

I have called up there and offered to run it for them.

They could step right back into it and add maybe 2-4 molds and cover everything. Plus their glow was the best Kasta nerds can back off.

Latest posts