• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why I'm pumped about these...
Well then welcome to Pumped Land. These things are amazing. I don't have a Summit but the Ridge and VP were game changing for me as well. I too cannot wait for a stable or overstable driver of any speed with x-link.

In the last couple days I threw a driver/long mid made of X-Link and it got me pumped up. Actually, giddy may be more like it. More info to come, perhaps we'll have some prototypes for folks to fondle at Am Worlds.

In the last couple days I threw a driver/long mid made of X-Link and it got me pumped up. Actually, giddy may be more like it. More info to come, perhaps we'll have some prototypes for folks to fondle at Am Worlds.

Will these still have the raised Vibram logo? Looks like it'd kill some glide on faster discs.

photo.jpg

Very cool place to put the Vibram logo.
I hope non-believers don't get scared about drag on the rubber logo. That certainly cannot make a noticeable difference.

Looks like a TeeBird to me.

So those driver with the logo on the wing look fancy. I know many people were wary of the putters because of the logo in the middle. Now it is on the wing of a faster disc. So, the obvious question is...

Was there testing done to make sure the disc is still balanced? I could see this being a hang up for a lot of people.

Vibram refuses to do scientific testing. They just throw a bunch of rubber scraps in a pot, press them between two hubcaps (the discs above employ a '61 Corvair and an '89 Yugo) by having Mr. Dodge & Mr. Ala sit on the top (OK, sometimes he has to jump up & down a little), dunk the resultant disc-like objects in the toilet to clean off any residue, and attempt to foist them off on the disc golfing public with no care for the company's worldwide reputation for excellence.

Vibram refuses to do scientific testing. They just throw a bunch of rubber scraps in a pot, press them between two hubcaps (the discs above employ a '61 Corvair and an '89 Yugo) by having Mr. Dodge & Mr. Ala sit on the top (OK, sometimes he has to jump up & down a little), dunk the resultant disc-like objects in the toilet to clean off any residue, and attempt to foist them off on the disc golfing public with no care for the company's worldwide reputation for excellence.

I think you've got them confused with Innova Ray. :popcorn:

I would be pumped if they are a teebird/tl/panther kinda disc (great to learn with) because I am re-learning/rebuilding my throw and bag. However the logo does concern me and I'm interested to see what the PGDA has to say about it. Would it have been a good idea to put the logo underneath the disc? Like some of the bottom stamped discs?

I want to be a tester... bad. Like really bad, I would even pay for them. Or give them back or anything.

Especially because I am rebuilding my throw this would be a great learning experience if it is like the learner discs.

DARN YOU STEVE DODGE!! DARN YOU!!!!!!

(p.s. Steve Dodge is the Steve Jobs of disc golf, well soon to be)

So, for the record I know they test... a lot. My point was that not everyone does. And having something on the wing of the disc that someone might think unbalances the disc might make them not buy it. That was my whole point.

I have no issue with it, but it may not be well received by the DG community at large without some sort of proof or something. Remember when everyone complained about the logo on top of the putters... I expect this will be worse.

Dude. Steve. Stop tantalizing us with those pretty photos. You're too good at this. :)

I'm no flight engineer, but I'd be surprised if the yellow logos made a difference in the disc's balance (I'd bet the logo accounts for far less than a gram of the disc's entire weight), and I'd be surprised if they made a significant difference in the airflow over the disc. We're looking at a roughness that's probably equivalent to normal "beating" in of a plastic disc. My only concern would be how the PDGA applies their rules of symmetry, but I'd be amazed if Vibram hadn't already gone over that with the PDGA before developing the new model.

In short, those are real pretty and I'll not likely be able to resist their allure. :)

Why is everyone referring to Teebirds, leopards, and other stuff as "Starter" discs? They have a purpose at every stage in your disc golf development cycle, you don't out grow them... So Ken Climo's favorite driver is a starter disc, someone should seriously tell him that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts