• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well my VP just lost its place in my bag. I really wanted to like Vibram discs, but they just aren't doing it for me. My biggest complaint would have to be the rounded edge, which has caused too many shots that roll far away from the basket. Too bad, because I really like the durability.
Dont give up so quickly on Vibram. The VP, having the most abrupt fade, is also the disc most likely to land on an edge.

We all know the best way to prevent a rollaway is to land a disc dead flat on the ground if you miss the target.

I had more problems with rollaways with the VP than I do with the Ridge, mostly because I can throw the Ridge much flatter, so it lands flatter.

Pick up the understable Summit and try that. It should land much flatter and be less likely to roll away, despite its rounded edge. ;)
Then you can stay with the nice durable rubber. :)

Well my VP just lost its place in my bag. I really wanted to like Vibram discs, but they just aren't doing it for me. My biggest complaint would have to be the rounded edge, which has caused too many shots that roll far away from the basket. Too bad, because I really like the durability.

A couple things on this. The roll aways are actually why I don't like the XLink material for putting. The Xlink is best for approach and drive purposes. The Firm material is the best for a putting putter. The firms are like KC Pro or certain runs of Green Pro D for putters.

If you want a putting putter go for the firm material
if you want a drive or approach putter go for the xlink
The softs... well the soft depends. If you like floppy putters you may love it, but it is nice for an approach disc that will just stick to where it lands/lay flat.

As far as the XLink for a putting putter. If you ding it or get a roll away expect it to turn into a tire... before I picked up a firm my XLink ridge would roll really far (often farther than the putt I just tried to make) if I rolled it... switching to the firm changed that drastically.

(NOTE: They make nice rollers because they are rubber... just sayin)

I don't know if this has been posted before but Vibram is now offereing some sweet coasters/mini's.

This is not the only site that is selling them but just for reference. Monster Marketplace

Attachments

• Vibram Coaster.jpg
    Vibram Coaster.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 19
I don't know if this has been posted before but Vibram is now offereing some sweet coasters/mini's.

They have had minis available since 2009, so its not really news, and no, the black ones are not all first runs.

I did spy this sweet version on FeeBay though.
!CB(rIIQEGk~$(KGrHqV,!lsEz+4p+SshBNHUPz)+vg~~_35.JPG

The shoe tread mini. :clap:

It's got sole.

I have been using a soft ridge, and I have never had a roll away. That thing stops so dead on impact, it doesn't have the chance to roll.

i could only see it really being an issue with the firms. regular x link is still pretty flexible

read above... I just posted a simple way to explain it. XLink Rolls the most, Firms much much less, and are good firm putters. Softs are so floppy they pretty much stick where they land.

Try the softs, I bet they wouldnt roll away.

I love their minis.

I am going to disagree with the statements about the regular x-link material being the most likely to roll away. I have had less roll with the x-link than I have had with any other material I have ever putted with. It could just be that I have learned how to putt so that it doesn't happen as often. I have seen Soft xlink roll so the reality is that any material will roll under the right conditions. The right conditions are more likely to exist based on the way you putt rather than the material. The differences in materials may cause your style to be more or less in that percentage because they do not all have the same flight characteristics. See the fact that Mr. Dodge has said that Regular and Firm xlink material have slightly different characteristics in the same mold.

I am going to disagree with the statements about the regular x-link material being the most likely to roll away. I have had less roll with the x-link than I have had with any other material I have ever putted with. It could just be that I have learned how to putt so that it doesn't happen as often. I have seen Soft xlink roll so the reality is that any material will roll under the right conditions. The right conditions are more likely to exist based on the way you putt rather than the material. The differences in materials may cause your style to be more or less in that percentage because they do not all have the same flight characteristics. See the fact that Mr. Dodge has said that Regular and Firm xlink material have slightly different characteristics in the same mold.

I think he was just saying they are more likely to roll away as compared to the softs.

I picked up an ascent and love it. I have only been using it for around 3-4 weeks, but so far it has replaced my eagle X. I think it is a hair more stable/ Overstable.

I guess time will tell.

Is the Ascent as tough as their putters? It would be great to have a fairway driver that doesn't get beat up on wooded courses.

I'm enjoying my Ascent as well, but according to the owner of the local disc shop it's not selling well. He actually told me that none of the Vibram discs on his shelves are selling. I've enjoyed all three of my Vibram discs and they're all in my bag. I don't know; maybe it's a regional thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts