• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that Sir Dodge said that it was going to be late summer before anything was going on with the Sol. So I am not sure if that mean that is when the testers might see them or if that is when they will go into production.

Just bought a Vibram VP new and today noticed a ghost stamp on the underside.
Bit hard to make out, but in the right light the last two (of four) lines say "World Championships" and "Kansas City".
Anyone else run into this?

Last edited:
Any word on the Sol? My putting with a yeti has been terrible lately and switched back to my KCs. I heard from Chris Deitzel that the sol will be like a aviar. I would love to try it out.

get a Ridge, I can't live without mine, medium X link.. good aproach, good putter, if I can lob it in light I grab for the soft Summit but when I got to approach, I grab the Ridge

I believe that Sir Dodge said that it was going to be late summer before anything was going on with the Sol. So I am not sure if that mean that is when the testers might see them or if that is when they will go into production.

Lot's going on with the Trak nearing probable production (the first 11 reviews that have come in have all been nearly identical) and we are excited to get it into production assuming the next dozen or so reviews confirm the testing.

I will avoid commenting on the Sole for the time being as my mind is in a bit of a tizzy.

Just bought a Vibram VP new and today noticed a ghost stamp on the underside.
Bit hard to make out, but in the right light the last two (of four) lines say "World Championships" and "Kansas City".
Anyone else run into this?

Sounds like we need to rub that down a bit more. The very first run of VPs was done for the KC Worlds. I've got about four of those puppies hidden away for the girls college fund. :)

Im ordering a few discs today and Im finally going to try some Vibrams.. I need two suggestions for Vibram discs..

Disc one: Driving Putter/Approach.. Prefer stable-to-overstable..

Disc two: Putt/Approach.. Stable..

I am pretty interested in the Ridge and VP from what I have read. Anyone have any suggestions? I think I am going to go with Firm in terms of softness so if that changes any flight characteristics let me know! thanks guys.

Im ordering a few discs today and Im finally going to try some Vibrams.. I need two suggestions for Vibram discs..

Disc one: Driving Putter/Approach.. Prefer stable-to-overstable..

Disc two: Putt/Approach.. Stable..

I am pretty interested in the Ridge and VP from what I have read. Anyone have any suggestions? I think I am going to go with Firm in terms of softness so if that changes any flight characteristics let me know! thanks guys.

Firm wouldn't be my first choice for a Putt/approach. The regular ridge I throw isn't roll up soft and I think it grips the chains better than the firm vp I have. Not sure as the flight characteristic changes as I throw a soft summit, reg ridge and firm VP (Just the way I acquired them, didn't have any choice on the ridge and VP) the discs all have different characteristics as it is.

I think you have good selection with VP and Ridge for what you are asking for them to do

Last edited:
Hey thanks for the quick response! I misspoke when I said Firm.. In my head I was thinking that there were only firm and soft.. I am looking at Medium/Reg on both discs just to get a good feel of the plastic.. Anything I should have the guys at GGGT look for in terms of dome/flat?

Lot's going on with the Trak nearing probable production (the first 11 reviews that have come in have all been nearly identical) and we are excited to get it into production assuming the next dozen or so reviews confirm the testing.

I planning on getting around to sending in my review next week, after I get through this weekend's big tournament and have a little more time for testing rounds.

So far I have seen that the Trak's flight is similar to the Ascent's, at least after three rounds of throwing. Maybe a touch less HSS and LSS. Yet the final results, where it lands, is similar. The biggest difference I have seen so far is that the Trak sometimes likes to get airborne. I try to keep my Ascents around 6-10 feet of the ground, but the Trak on occassion has bounced up to 12-15. Yet despite getting airborne I have noticed that it still flies normal and forward instead of stalling out like other discs. The other thing I noticed is that it holds hyzers better. The Ascent seems to lose some glide/lift when thrown on a hyzer, requiring it to be muscle to get distance before it ditches into the ground, but the Trak seems to stay aloft longer.

Ridge works pretty well for everything but the longest approaches. I haven't tried the VP yet, but I am looking forward to it. I can't wait for the Ibex, though. Between Ibex and Trak, I should be able to throw together a solid Vibram-only bag. Any chance of getting a Vibram bag to throw all those beauties in?

The microwave does it quicker, but you can also just leave them on a table upside down for a night or two. Let us know if they get the warp out. I've also not experienced this, but it is possible - and should fix itself.

The Ridge is still warped, but it doesn't seem to be affecting the flight too much. I'm not going to worry about it. It's grabbing chains, and that's all that matters :).

Vibram's bags would be sweet if they decide to make any... I have suggested this before but... we'll have to see. A thin rubber bottom bag would be wonderful.

The easy to do for them. Hook up with Chris a GB and take the pressure off of him. Give him some more people to work with and he'll be able to make some killer bags and straps with that rubber everywhere.

maybe vibram will get with Fade and putt a rubber bottum on their bags, kind of like how they do shoes. Merrells would not be as sweet without the vibram soles.

So the Trak is awesome. A++++++++ Vibram. Love being on the team. Steve you are the best. Lets see if I can get the team a win this weekend.

Ridge, Summit, Ascent, Trak. A great little set of discs for sure.

Vibram's bags would be sweet if they decide to make any... I have suggested this before but... we'll have to see. A thin rubber bottom bag would be wonderful.

The easy to do for them. Hook up with Chris a GB and take the pressure off of him. Give him some more people to work with and he'll be able to make some killer bags and straps with that rubber everywhere.

Ooo, I never even thought of a Vibram Bag. That would be sweet.

Just played a couple holes at lunch today and used my Vibram VP. Second hole, I put one right in the chains from about 60' away. The VP rocks!!! Ok well some of that may have been luck but I'm really diggin' the VP for a putter.

Ascent and Trak similar?? Do you have the proto traks that say Ascent on them?? Those were every bit as stable (if not more) as an Ascent, but the new mold Trak that says Trek on it is wayyyyyy more understable than the Ascent. Not even close in stabillity. As for the lift, I have not experienced this nor have I seen any of the people that I have let throw it have that issue? Sure you are throwing correctly?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts