• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that slower drop rate has helped me tremendously. I didn't have one missed putt from a low basket hit. I can drive the sole as far as my wizards which is about 225' but my problem has been the release. Sometimes it comes out early, late and other times perfect. I know it's me doing it, I just gotta get it figured out.

I find this interesting from Joe's flight chart that Summit is farther than Ridge. Does a summit has more glide than a ridge because of stability? Ridge and VP has overstability to it while Summit is understable...

I find this interesting from Joe's flight chart that Summit is farther than Ridge. Does a summit has more glide than a ridge because of stability? Ridge and VP has overstability to it while Summit is understable...

in my experience the summit was the slowest followed by the vp and then the ridge

I can throw a Sole farthest, than the Ridge & Summit (although using a very different release) and the VP the least far.

i dont read this forum often, but when i do, i read from where i left off...so i know im fantastically late in responding to this, but
H O L Y S H I.....
amazing collection dude.

Last edited:
in my experience the summit was the slowest followed by the vp and then the ridge

I can throw a Sole farthest, than the Ridge & Summit (although using a very different release) and the VP the least far.

I wasnt including the sole in my analysis. the vp i threw was too light for me i think and just turned and burned. most of my ridges are FR and seem to fly just a tad farther and straigher. I do however love the Ibex and kind of like the sole for putting, but like its glide for long putts

I agree that the Summit holds it's line the best at low speeds, but it's essentially a beadless version of the design with the Ridge being the small bead version and the VP being the big bead version. This makes the Summit lower profile (like a Buzzz vs. a Roc) and the fastest of the three.

I agree that the Summit holds it's line the best at low speeds, but it's essentially a beadless version of the design with the Ridge being the small bead version and the VP being the big bead version. This makes the Summit lower profile (like a Buzzz vs. a Roc) and the fastest of the three.

hmm thanks for the info. its been a long time since i threw a summit and have a ton of love for the ridge and havent found a need for another putter

I have been finding that my Summit comes out when I am stuck in a tough situation and need to throw a RHFH shot that holds the Annie line. Also RHBH up shots where Annie is needed as well. I am excited to try out the Sole sometime as I do desire a bit more glide from my Ridge sometimes and it just not there. From what I read here the Sole is the answer to my prayers.

I need to ask Sir Dodge again because I forgot the answer: Is the Summit really only a smaller bead version of the other, or does it have a different bottom part? Whereas the Ridge and VP definitely have a similar bottom, all of the profile pics on your site show that the Summit has a totally different bottom.

Then they really should remove all of the pictures of the Summit from their site and replace them with new ones, since clearly that Summit is a mismolded one and doesn't reflect what the disc is supposed to be like.

The Ridge is a VP with a smaller bead, and the Summit is supposed to be a VP with a micro-bead, but it is a tad different than that. I don't quite remember right now, but it did not quite go as planned, but it did fly as planned.

By the way, I've been playing with just an XL Ibex and an XLF Summit and am rocking it, hitting more 50-80 footers than ever before.

Saw a Sole for the first time this past weekend. Looks pretty exciting to me but I am still not convinced that it is going to be stable enough for my putting preferences.

got this today...had a question....why does it have a star in the middle of the disc on the back...its in the plastic not written....?

353b59d3.jpg

Control marks from the different molding machines.
My VP's have circles and squares.

Oh, and nice granite Ridge dude. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts