• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone help me out with this. I just started trying Vibrams out recently, and I have a couple. I was told one of them is 'chunk plastic' which I have also heard referred to as 'granite.' It is a ridge.

Also, it has flight numbers on the flight plate, but also says 'Tested where is matters Made in the U.S.A'

Could you guys tell me more about this? What is chunk plastic? What is granite? Is this a proto. If so, does it have a comparable current production counterpart.

Thanks for the help!

-Granites are the new(er) run version of the multi-color discs (produced in mass).

-Chunks are the old run version of multi-color discs (very limited #s).

The only 'Chunk' Ridges were the Christmas ones (red, green and white) and these are the most rare of the Chunks and probably the most valuable Vibram disc.

So if your Ridge is Red, White and Green then you have a valuable disc. If it is other colors, it is worth 15-20.

Got my 3 soft vibram from christmas today, they all felt awesome and flew the same, but my ascent had a sunken top and the yellow on the Vibram logo was peeling off. Is the peeling normal cause Ive never seen it happen on my others, other than that vibram sorts are great can't wait to play a round.

The sunken top is quite believable with the softness of the material. The peeling label interests me, I've not heard of this happening. Ever. Could you email me a pic?

[email protected]

I wish I could afford an Ibex...I went to Discgolfcenter.com and made a bag...$150.00 for all the goodies I wanted...all Vibram...plus bag and straps. (Sigh)

I wish I could afford an Ibex...I went to Discgolfcenter.com and made a bag...$150.00 for all the goodies I wanted...all Vibram...plus bag and straps. (Sigh)

check out a-1 discs, they have a sweet vibram deal going on right now. link is at the bottom of the page!

That's where I got mine from.
If you order any soft vibrams get at least 4 so it ships in a box. The envelope kinda deforms the disc and since it's cold out they like to stay that way. Left my sunken top ascent in the car on the gear shifter and the heat built up from the sun and trapped greenhouse gases(maybe a little off the wall thinking here) put it back into a more desirable shape. Slight dome on it now.

The softs definitely get out of shape and go back into shape easier than any other discs out there.

I posted pics of a soft vp way back somewhere in this thread. I forget where it would be... you can fold it into a slice of pizza.

I got a soft Summit for Christmas. It is very soft and floppy and can be folded over twice. I wanted it mainly to putt with on slopped greens in hopes it wouldn't roll as bad as my medium Summit.

I definitely prefer the more solid/firm feel of the medium Summit when putting. The soft seems to shift around during my putting motion (but if you prefer a soft, floppy putter, then I couldn't imagine a better one). So the plan was to bring it out only on sloped greens, which I was doing until I putted low with it, and it hit the basket and rolled for a good bit. So I probably won't keep using it. I know it's my fault and not the disc's, but if they are both going to roll I'll just stick with the medium.

It is grippier though. My ideal putter would be a medium Summit wrapped in a layer of the soft rubber; similar to the X-Link Fusion idea.

i was wondering if we are gonna see some x-link glow anytime soon? i love night golf but hate not using my soles. my heart hurts to putt with a glow aviar:(:(

I got a soft Summit for Christmas. It is very soft and floppy and can be folded over twice. I wanted it mainly to putt with on slopped greens in hopes it wouldn't roll as bad as my medium Summit.

I definitely prefer the more solid/firm feel of the medium Summit when putting. The soft seems to shift around during my putting motion (but if you prefer a soft, floppy putter, then I couldn't imagine a better one). So the plan was to bring it out only on sloped greens, which I was doing until I putted low with it, and it hit the basket and rolled for a good bit. So I probably won't keep using it. I know it's my fault and not the disc's, but if they are both going to roll I'll just stick with the medium.

It is grippier though. My ideal putter would be a medium Summit wrapped in a layer of the soft rubber; similar to the X-Link Fusion idea.

My main use for my soft Summit is to putt in the wind with it. It has a lot less tendency to sail off in high (and I mean really high) winds. I hold the back of the putter with my off hand until I start the forward motion of the putt so it doesn't flop around on the putting motion.

All putters will frequently roll if they fall straight down from a low miss on a sloped green. I've seen Gumputts and Blowflys roll down hills.

i was wondering if we are gonna see some x-link glow anytime soon? i love night golf but hate not using my soles. my heart hurts to putt with a glow aviar:(:(

Your not the only one whose wants glow Vibrams, but I think Steve said no go to the glow when they tried it.

My theory is that they accidentally created Flubber,
images

which as we all know is not practicle for disc golf because if you throw it with any nose up it takes hours to come back down. :|

Yes. We should have 150-Class Summits available by the Spring. I will be at Outdoor Retailer next week (Thursday to Sunday) so if you or anyone you know is going, please stop by the Vibram booth and say hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.