• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Vibram Discs (don't get caught without your rubber)

The Ridge a slightly more shallow, indestructable Wizard with less glide. This pretty much sums it up.

If you like Wizards you will probalby like the Ridge. Especially for the driving slot as they will hold that overstability longer than say a S Wiz. I also found that the Ridge was a lilttle more comfortable in my hand due to being slightly more shallow.

You can throw either and be happy.

I havent given it a fair enough run with the ridge yet.

Im hoping for some warmer weather to give my green ones a whirl

I still am liking the Ridge for putting (though I would need a supersoft version for it to make the bag for that). I'm still a bit baffled by it for throwing, as its "straight flight" sweet spot is elusive & I seem to get either too much HS turn or too much LS fade than I want a great deal of the time. All in all, it seems like a fine putting putter for me that will have a second look when (if?) the X-Link Soft Eco version hits the streets.

Ridge was a lilttle more comfortable in my hand due to being slightly more shallow.
Yep. I was able to use my normal mid range shot (fan) grip with these, instead of my normal putter grip. This allowed me to cleanly release the Ridge and get some more distance.

Ridge is not in my bag, yet. I struggled slightly with throwing the Grey ones for touch shots in the cold and snow. I've got a soft one coming in the mail pretty quick here and think that will perform better for me. I liked them for putting, but I'll wait till the weather changes to give them another shot.

I got a few Summits with the Ridges and I really, really like them. I'm looking forward to trying out the Eco version. Summit is definitely in the bag.

DiscDemon25 said:
I'm glad to see everyone else can get VPs, Summits and Ridges especially. I can't find a single place that has all three molds in firm.
there isnt a production run of Ridges out yet

Got a Ridge today. I'm looking for it to fit into my hyzer/straight approach and driver putter. I'm using Pures for everything else. Swedes and rubbers. Gosh I like the sound of that.

Steven, we still need some Vibram disc golf apparel to sport out on the course. Any word if they are going to get some out for us to buy?

polo-09vo-big.jpg

http://www.primediscs.com/proddetail.asp?prod=polo-09vo

The Ridge is officially going in to production. When we have a release date scheduled for sure, I will let the world know via our Twitter page. (http://twitter.com/vibramdiscgolf)

It will be released in the X-Link material in black as the first run discs.

The stock X-Link Firm should follow a few weeks after these and then the stock X-Link will come online as the first runs sell out. We're also testing some new X-Link coloring methods and our last run resulted in these beauties.

s008_sm.jpg
s010_sm.jpg

We will be doing another color trial next week to see if we can duplicate this and/or make the colors even more vibrant. Stay tuned!

Steven Dodge said:
The Ridge is officially going in to production. When we have a release date scheduled for sure, I will let the world know via our Twitter page. (http://twitter.com/vibramdiscgolf)

The stock X-Link Firm should follow a few weeks after these and then the stock X-Link will come online as the first runs sell out. We're also testing some new X-Link coloring methods and our last run resulted in these beauties.

s008_sm.jpg
s010_sm.jpg

We will be doing another color trial next week to see if we can duplicate this and/or make the colors even more vibrant. Stay tuned!

Awesome....I need some of those too!!

Preliminary Ridge Usage Results:

86% gave it high durabiity markis (4 or 5 out of 5)
75% gave it high performance marks
80% gave it high grip/tactile marks

and the critical question as to whether or not it made it in the bag:

40% YES!
5% Yes
34% Undecided
15% No
6% NO!

One note: 50% of the respondents said they got their ideal weight. We were not able to meet everyone's ideal weight due to the trial run running a bit light.

Steven Dodge said:

s008_sm.jpg
s010_sm.jpg

oooooh, those are pretty

Steven Dodge said:

s008_sm.jpg
s010_sm.jpg

Beeyooteeful. Vibram continues to astound.

Keep up the excellent work!

Make the cross country trek to the Vibram Open. A delicious personalized version (in your size, if you ask nicely) will be yours as part of the world-renowned player's package.

Lotsa rare VPs floating around there too…

I came.

Can't wait to get some Ridges in the non firm X link. Steve, i'll take 5 blacks and 10 of those multicolors.

veganray said:
Make the cross country trek to the Vibram Open. A delicious personalized version (in your size, if you ask nicely) will be yours as part of the world-renowned player's package.

Lotsa rare VPs floating around there too…

Seriously, do it. It's got to be one of the most incredible tourneys in the country. Look at the coverage it got last year! And the crowd it drew.