• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Vibram Discs (don't get caught without your rubber)

I have a much better Vibram appropriate Signature line now. Might as well embrace my addiction and nurture it like a baby bird in a nest made of Vibram Rubber shreds!

peppermack said:
Now if I can ever meet any of you in person then I would have a actual image of you all in my brain rather than the one created in my minds eye. I should start a thread in the General section for people to post pics of themselves but I can see that going horribly wrong quickly :lol:

although, still... not a terrible idea!

Ya, I think I will still do it! I think it is cool to get to know the other people on here. After all, we do spend a lot of time together.

I swear to God if I see a picture of Karl on his bed with nothing but VP's covering his junk...................................................

Dude, Peppermack - Please tell me you didn't hand draw a Vibram signature. :shock:

Just got the Chunks and they are sweet. Sorry for the shitty cellphone pic, it's all I have handy here at work.

utf-8BSU1HMDAwMDctMjAxMDAyMjUtMTIwO.jpg

This is probably in the thread somewhere, but what does the "60" above the "speed" on the back mean? Actually, I'm not sure I follow the numbers underneath Fade, speed and turn in general. :?

Also, on my other VP there are no numbers at all, is that a proto VP or some other run?

directly from the vibram site:

Speed

The top speed number (60) is the ideal thrown speed (in mph) of the disc. Thrown flat at this speed, the disc will hold the line. The bottom speed number is the distance multiplier (4.2). In this case, a disc thrown at 60 mph will fly 60 x 4.2 = 252 feet.

Fade

At a speed of 20% less than the ideal speed, this is the flight angle of the disc. In this case, at 48 mph, the disc will be flying 24 degrees left. (assuming a RHBH).

Turn

At a speed of 20% more than the ideal speed, this is the flight angle of the disc. In this case, at 72 mph, the disc will be flying 2 degrees right. (assuming a RHBH).

I like their way of rating the discs. Its an actual measurement, instead of some arbitrary scale.

The VPs without any numbers on them were the first run that they did. So all the ones without are from the first Production run. After that they put the numbers on them. Since the First run was not black like the Summit or the soon to be run ridges, it is the way to tell.

You will know if you have a proto because nearly all of them say Proto on them and do not even have a place for the flight information on them.

Latest posts