• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Vibram dyes?

How well? I lurk on the dye threads and don't remember seeing a Vibram dye.

They take dye pretty well, but I do have one Vibram dye job that looked great at first but faded very quickly. When I get home I can show you before and after pictures. I had a friend dye it for me.

It dyes just fine. I cant speak to fading as I no longer own this disc.

IMG_4439.jpg

Here you can see the original dye job. Looks pretty good. I got the ace the same day I got it back from my dye guy.
CAM0013866.jpg

Here's what it looks like today. This was taken inside so the light is obviously less colorful, but you can still see the dye color has faded a lot. I'm not sure what kind of dye he used. I think a Rit/ Acetone combo.
CAM0016666.jpg

And here you can see the inside of the disc which was dyed black. Now it has faded to a bland green. You can see some sharpie here. That black sharpie is the same color the dye originally was.
CAM00167.jpg

Just finished my first attempt at dyeing one using the shaving cream marbling methods. Who knows how it will hold up with time

Attachments

• DSCN0465.jpg
    DSCN0465.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 125
Thanks for the compliments, I'm actually the guy that made those Marshall Street/Sweet Hat! discs. :)

For people who are curious about how well each type of what dyes, the Firm material seems to fade very quickly. It'll hold for about a month, and isn't really worth doing. All the dyes I've done thus far are Medium material, and I haven't noticed any significant fading after two months of regular use. I can't get vinyl to hold very well on the Soft material, but when I get the chance I'm going to try and paint one of them and see how it holds.

Last edited:
I made this one this morning for myself. Not sure if I'm going to try and sell it, or hold onto it.

vibramdreamcaus2.jpg

@rayne - I love the use of the natural coloring of the discs as a background, those are very cool dyes.

Latest posts