• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Five Fingers KSO

I *think* these things have cured me of my lower back pain. I've had a really stiff back for about 2 years from a basketball game, just tight and uncomfortable in the morning and loosens up during the day or after a hot shower. Well, I realized this week that I haven't felt any discomfort at all lately. The only thing that's changed? KSO's.

I *think* these things have cured me of my lower back pain. I've had a really stiff back for about 2 years from a basketball game, just tight and uncomfortable in the morning and loosens up during the day or after a hot shower. Well, I realized this week that I haven't felt any discomfort at all lately. The only thing that's changed? KSO's.

i've heard of people having their plantar fascitis completely cured, so its not unbelievable

your feet still fit in the nice with the socks? its a super tight fit for me without socks

I don't know about the Vibram socks that go with the KSOs, but I've got a pair of Injinji socks like this: http://www.rei.com/product/806487 that have worked well so far for me. The reviewers on the REI website say they're good for if your feet already fit snugly in the Five Fingers without socks. And for you campers out there, these socks are made with CoolMax. :)

7f82ded1-a501-4ffe-a164-bce8e6fa3f70.jpg

Maybe I'm the oddball, but I don't see the attraction of playing disc golf barefoot, or "simulated barefoot". Likewise, I don't curse my shorts when I play and wish I was nude, either.

Maybe I'm the oddball, but I don't see the attraction of playing disc golf barefoot, or "simulated barefoot". Likewise, I don't curse my shorts when I play and wish I was nude, either.

A lot of my attraction comes from people who have ridden themselves of knee pain and other injuries, so it's not so much about disc golf specifically for me. It's just interesting to think how much research and technology is put into shoes these days and yet injuries continue to rise. (referring to running primarily)

A lot of my attraction comes from people who have ridden themselves of knee pain and other injuries, so it's not so much about disc golf specifically for me. It's just interesting to think how much research and technology is put into shoes these days and yet injuries continue to rise. (referring to running primarily)

Yeah its hilarious that after all this "advancement" we find ourselves coming back to basics, because nature crafted us perfectly.

this guy get's it.

i was attracted to them cuz i read, and heard stories about them helping with back pain.. which Bro D also mentioned. being great DG shoes is just a plus :thmbup:

These toe spacer shoes are funny; you guys are falling for a marketing gimmick just like the chicks with the roller sketchers. Aside from looking extremely ghey, you can get all kinds of sprain and stub injuries from the Vibram shoes. They allow a lot more motion, so if you play on any course with prarie dog holes, rocks, roots, etc.

Shoes are meant for protection more than anything, folks... don't try to re-invent the wheel here.

I usually wear Asics or New Balance... retired gym/sport shoes turn into DG shoes due to all the swamps and wet grass. They get a few machine washings when they have a real bad day of swamp water, and then they get tossed.

These toe spacer shoes are funny; you guys are falling for a marketing gimmick just like the chicks with the roller sketchers. Aside from looking extremely ghey, you can get all kinds of sprain and stub injuries from the Vibram shoes. They allow a lot more motion, so if you play on any course with prarie dog holes, rocks, roots, etc.

Shoes are meant for protection more than anything, folks... don't try to re-invent the wheel here.

I usually wear Asics or New Balance... retired gym/sport shoes turn into DG shoes due to all the swamps and wet grass. They get a few machine washings when they have a real bad day of swamp water, and then they get tossed.

So you wear mittens and a ski mask whenever outside as well huh?

This ain't no gimmick friend, this is getting back to using our feet they way they were designed, a process that took millions of years of evolution that was undone by a scant few millennia, mostly to stop your feet from freezing off.

Wearing shoes is actually reinventing the wheel here.

So you wear mittens and a ski mask whenever outside as well huh?

This ain't no gimmick friend, this is getting back to using our feet they way they were designed, a process that took millions of years of evolution that was undone by a scant few millennia, mostly to stop your feet from freezing off.

Wearing shoes is actually reinventing the wheel here.

Exactly what I was thinking

I've stepped on glass many times with the vibrams, no problem. Only way I'll ever revert to reg shoes is when winter rolls around.

BREAKING NEWS!! I have found the perfect way to eliminate the stank! Vibrams are now perfect!! Use tea tree or lavender (Lavender smells much better) essential oil and drop it on the toes are until it smells good. These oils are all natural and also possess anti bacterial and antifungal properties, not to mention lavender oil smells amazing. Zing!

BREAKING NEWS!! I have found the perfect way to eliminate the stank! Vibrams are now perfect!! Use tea tree or lavender (Lavender smells much better) essential oil and drop it on the toes are until it smells good. These oils are all natural and also possess anti bacterial and antifungal properties, not to mention lavender oil smells amazing. Zing!

On the toes or in the toes?

i've played almost every round since may/june 2009 in my vibram fivefingers sprints and have put some running mileage on them as well as a ton of casual wear and I am a firm believer in the minimal/barefoot research. I work at a small sporting goods store in NC where we sell vibrams now and they have led to so many good things and improvements for so many people (injury speaking). thats awesome about how they've helped the back pains bro dave.

i've played almost every round since may/june 2009 in my vibram fivefingers sprints and have put some running mileage on them as well as a ton of casual wear and I am a firm believer in the minimal/barefoot research. I work at a small sporting goods store in NC where we sell vibrams now and they have led to so many good things and improvements for so many people (injury speaking). thats awesome about how they've helped the back pains bro dave.

yes, its pretty ironic that after all these "developments" in shoe technology, were coming full circle, back to our roots. its what has worked for us for millennia. be sure to let people know about lavender essential oil if they ask about the stank, because for most people it is an unfortunate reality.

are they they same pair or have you replaced them? i got my first pair a few weeks ago and just wondering the durability of these things

I would really like to try these. My concern though is if I am barefoot I have to be on soft ground. Walking on cement and hard dirt kills my feet so I really wonder if these would actually work for me.

I would really like to try these. My concern though is if I am barefoot I have to be on soft ground. Walking on cement and hard dirt kills my feet so I really wonder if these would actually work for me.

yeah have really great soles. you feel everything you're walking on but the bottom of your feet are protected