• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Hybrids

I wish Vibram could have figured out the overmold process before MVP patented it, I would love my overmold to be rubbery.

They patented their style. I highly doubt that patent would prevent other companies from using an overmold type process.

Interesting idea...but what, exactly, is the point?
the grip has a different feel on half of the disc, and you can switch it up to suit the weather or other preference. on a super hot Texas day i could see using the regular side until halfway through the round, when Firm now feels like regular, and regular is a little too soft.

i don't throw any vibram and have no clue about its durability. the vibram fiends on staff here seem to think they're freakin awesome, and i totally see the point.

I just recently bought a firm Ridge and I now see what the fuss is all about. I didn't think I'd ever get rid of my gummy Rhyno, but I'm now using the Ridge on any putt over 10 feet. So I get it. But the half and half thing just seems, to me anyway, like one of those faddish things that happen with any sport that involves equipment. I guess we'll see...

I throw a medium ridge and a firm ridge. Love them both but the firm is the better thrower while the medium is the better putter.

I throw Ridges, medium in the winter and firm in the summer. I ordered 2 of these to try out just out of curiousity.

I have yet to "beat in" a Vibram putter. Even driving it. I have "beat in" a X-link Ascent. If you throw the drivers enough, they will become less stable.

I don't think these hybrids would be an issue with the putters, but IF you throw one of the drivers a couple of thousand times, it will show significant wear. I wonder if they would fly "weird".

I'm right there with ya E, I'm worried this thing will become unstable as the different mixes wear differently.

I'm concerned that this may be just a " design exercise ", rather than a useable disc.

I'm also hoping this is not where Vibram fusion technology ends up. The original idea of an inner stiff core, with a softer outside coating was what I was interested in.

Steve said they wouldnt make more super firm discs, because their hard on the machinery, so whats this, half wrecked press's ?

I don't think this would be any harder on the machines than normal medium and firms.

I don't think this would be any harder on the machines than normal medium and firms.

You dont work there. :|

This is from back in May , in the Vibram thread.

Super Firm is taking a hiatus. The material is quite tough on the machinery and is not worth the machinery toll. We'll need to think of something new and fun for the 12VO discs. Hmmmm .... any ideas?

FWIW: Each of these discs has a sticker on the back with an identifying number. You can use that number in conjunction with the store where you bought the discs to try to win a spot on the tester team, or you can buy them directly from the Vibram Open site. Either way, it is a test process that will develop over time. We've demonstrated we can do it, now we will work to see what else can be done.

Want to win a spot on the Vibram Tester Team? You've got to do two things:

1. Buy a 12VO Fundraiser Disc and/or 12VO Vest.
2. Pick the winners of the Vibram Open.

Check out and buy the 12VO stuff: http://www.vibramopen.com/
Enter the contest: http://www.vibramopen.com/win.html

Its that easy. If you buy both, you get two entries.

--------------

12VO Fundraiser Discs: The first production run of X-Link and X-Link Firm together in one disc.
818984.jpg