• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram VP

gcanter2376

Eagle Member
Just traded for a Vibram v.p. and know little to nothing about them except they look cool. What other putter would you compare it to. I usually throw pro Rhynos and was hoping this would be a tad faster than my Rhyno.

mine is my overstable-need to hyzer spike around a tree-godd@mn the wind is howling- meathook-Xlink Firm approach disc. Needless to say it has a place in my bag and lately I've been throwing it more cause of the wind and when I need an overstable approach, when I putt I grab for my Summit or Ridge. That might be just because of the rubber, it doesn't grip like normal x link or my soft summit.

If you like your Rhyno, you'll like the VP. I would say the VP is in between a Rhyno and a Pig. I can throw mine a little farther than my Rhynos, but not much. They are comparable. The VP is definitely a driving putter.

mine is my overstable-need to hyzer spike around a tree-godd@mn the wind is howling- meathook-Xlink Firm approach disc. Needless to say it has a place in my bag and lately I've been throwing it more cause of the wind and when I need an overstable approach, when I putt I grab for my Summit or Ridge. That might be just because of the rubber, it doesn't grip like normal x link or my soft summit.

:thmbup: this. Grab a ridge too. While you're at it, grab the summit too.

You want a meat hook try a proto VP! That is all the only VP I will throw. There was a mold change between the protos and the production runs:( plus the proto A rubber is the best stuff they ever made.

You want a meat hook try a proto VP! That is all the only VP I will throw. There was a mold change between the protos and the production runs:( plus the proto A rubber is the best stuff they ever made.

I've had my Summit for longer, I got the Ridge XLINK and VP FIRM just a few weeks ago (package deal), I might feel a bit different if they were different firmness, I'm not impressed with the firm, but that may be that I just haven't put an exact place where it needs to be. I like my vibram to be flexible like the regular xlink or silly flexible like my summit.

Just traded for a Vibram v.p. and know little to nothing about them except they look cool. What other putter would you compare it to. I usually throw pro Rhynos and was hoping this would be a tad faster than my Rhyno.

i'd say rhyno, nice for a short hyzer/spike. i actually wish it was a little more overstable. best comparison i can give you, wasp to buzzz, vp to ridge

love it

it fits the bill for the overstable putter slot for sure and i don't see ever not having one again

i love driving with putters and i get the distance i want out of this disc without as much worry about turning over

here's a thread where i compared it to my wizard

Latest posts