• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Video Critique - BH + FH . . advice me up

Another thing you might look for, in terms of the reach back, is some slow-motion video of the top pros. Watch where the disc is and where their shoulders are the moment they plant their plant foot. There are other threads on this forum with all the videos, which I can't happen to find at the moment.

More specifically, notice that the "big arms" don't start their pull forward until (or just after) they plant their front foot. At this point their shoulders are fully turned away from the target (I know it's hard to trust this at first when you eyes are pulled off your target), and you can just about draw a straight diagonal line from their front foot, up their leg, up their spine, through their head. From here, they pull forward with their legs and hips first, forcing the upper body to uncoil only after the hips are already turning. This keeps your spine "loaded" for longer, and allows the weight transfer to come later in your pull, creating that great "whipping" action that Beato and others describe as late acceleration. This was one of my own personal "aha" moments, because left to my own devices, I had been starting my weight transfer just before I planted my front foot, which throws off the whole flow. I think you're making the same mistake.

I think you may very well be correct, this seems like it will not be easy to fix though. well see how it goes tomorrow. Thank you

Adam

This was one of my own personal "aha" moments, because left to my own devices, I had been starting my weight transfer just before I planted my front foot, which throws off the whole flow. I think you're making the same mistake.
It can cause grip lock, too.

Latest posts