• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Voodoo vs. Gorilla Boy

Titan037

AKA dgfanatic7
I would like to utilize this thread to gather the opinions of Gorilla Boy users and Voodoo users. I myself currently own a Karma, but I have just purchased a Silverback and will be posting reviews of each and comparing them. However I wanna hear from the huge DGCR community first. If you have used both, what is your preference and what you feel the advantages and disadvantages are of each. and GO! :hfive:

Personally, nothing beats the layout of the Voodoo. I carry a lot of miscellaneous crap and my Mojo lets me oraganize it better than any other bag I've messed around with. Quality is similar. I can't say Voodoo is above and beyong there. All these small bag manufacturers seem to care about their product and the quality shows in that.

Not to put a wrench into your two-bag discussion, but one of our local guys does carry one of the new Hyzer Bomb Atomic bags. I really like them. It reminds me of a Revo Carolina but better. I think the putter/mini pocket could use some work, but that's about it.

If I had to put those three in order of my own preference it would be Voodoo/Hyzer/GB. But it's a close race and you couldn't go wrong with any of them.

I have a Voodoo Karma and I like it a lot. My first choice for that style of bag was a GB Kong (I also have a squirrel monkey and a old style Simian) but I wasn't about to get on a waiting list... The Karma is sweet but some stitching on the side mesh pocket is coming undone. And I also wonder how long the quad hoops/hookups will stay together. They don't look totally supported but I could be wrong. I REALLY prefer the putter pocket on the Karma vs the Kong. the Kong has a pocket behind it which can make the putter difficult to get in and out. But I think the Karma overall just has more room. I can get a sweatshirt in the side pocket no problem. Overall, both choices are solid choices. I play hard and all my bags have seen extreme trail abuse and have held up fine. Hope that helps.:thmbup:

On a side note, My Phenix Quads have broken with only 4 months of wear. Weak ass straps.......:|

The Karma is sweet but some stitching on the side mesh pocket is coming undone.
Just sew the mesh and pocket flap back together, as close to the back of the pocket as possible, I had to do this with all three of my pockets on my mojo. I just hand stitched it with one set of stitching and it's held up over the past 6 months of use, and I haven't taken it easy on them because of the 5 year warranty, if they eventually rip, I'll just let the guys at voodoo know. Also, I'm not a fan of the drink holders having so much slack/sag in them. Other than those two issues, my mojo is the perfect bag with organizable storage or room for extra utility discs in the side pockets. Overall, I am very pleased with this bag, and with the warranty, you're guaranteed to have a quality bag for around $20 a year.

Well I used to own a GB silverback, loved the thing never thought I'd get rid of it, then voodoo came and I have owned a red karma for 2 months now and I must say, over all the karma is bigger and better for my needs. Only thing I like better on the silverback where the ring spots where the straps hooked up to, and I miss the front pocket where I stored 2 extra disc . I still store extra disc in my voodoo on side pocket but not the same. Go voodoo karma.

Well I used to own a GB silverback, loved the thing never thought I'd get rid of it, then voodoo came and I have owned a red karma for 2 months now and I must say, over all the karma is bigger and better for my needs. Only thing I like better on the silverback where the ring spots where the straps hooked up to, and I miss the front pocket where I stored 2 extra disc . I still store extra disc in my voodoo on side pocket but not the same. Go voodoo karma.

Interesting feature on the silverback, that should really come in handy, lets compare prices, the voodoo is 125, without tax and shipping. How much are the silverbacks? aren't they like 100?

Love my voodoo karma. Its was bigger than they advertise. I think they say it holds 18-21, I carry it with 25-27 usually. Without using the side pockets at all. You can fit 12 more in the side pockets, 38-39 is the max

But once you put it on with 35+ discs you'll just laugh, set it back down, and pull some discs out :). The side pockets are way better suited for odds and ends, towels, minis, small dogs... they're huge and partitioned off to keep your stuff in order.

Love my voodoo karma. Its was bigger than they advertise. I think they say it holds 18-21, I carry it with 25-27 usually. Without using the side pockets at all. You can fit 12 more in the side pockets, 38-39 is the max

But once you put it on with 35+ discs you'll just laugh, set it back down, and pull some discs out :). The side pockets are way better suited for odds and ends, towels, minis, small dogs... they're huge and partitioned off to keep your stuff in order.

Completely agree, I am sure a Chihuahua could make his home in one of those side pockets, and I have constantly found myself placing hoodies and t shirts in the side pockets as well. Even ended up carrying beers for a group of guys I was playing with one day cause they couldn't hold them in their own bags! :hfive:

Even ended up carrying beers for a group of guys I was playing with one day cause they couldn't hold them in their own bags! :hfive:
If there is nothing else in those side pockets, you can easily carry a 12 pack:D. I did the same thing a months ago, everyone else could only fit 4 in their fade and innova bags, so the smallest guy of the group, me, wound up carrying over half the beer.

ive had both and you cant go wrong with either. they both have big side pockets and big drink holders. for me tho i like the voodoo better because it feels more finished, which im sure come from the fact that its factory made and not made by a single guy. and the pockets in pockets on the voodoo are awesome. i like that voodoo bags have the double bottom also

both bags are made in america which is pretty awesome

o my voodoo is a mojo which is closer in size i think to the silverback and pretty much the same price. either bag is very worth the $110ish shipped

I am going to put small boulders in your bag next time you aren't looking :D I doubt you'll even notice

ive had both and you cant go wrong with either. they both have big side pockets and big drink holders. for me tho i like the voodoo better because it feels more finished, which im sure come from the fact that its factory made and not made by a single guy. and the pockets in pockets on the voodoo are awesome. i like that voodoo bags have the double bottom also

both bags are made in america which is pretty awesome

o my voodoo is a mojo which is closer in size i think to the silverback and pretty much the same price. either bag is very worth the $110ish shipped

110? sweet, I got a steal then for my GB i bought :thmbup:

Had my Black Karma for a year and a half and the only wear I've had is the front logo is coming undone. No big deal though.
I bought mine on a whim, only seeing the old pictures they had on their Facebook. When it arrived I was amazed. I needed a bigger bag than my old fade crunch, and the Karma is everything I needed plus some. I don't think you need a bigger bag than this, but if you do there is always the Zulu.
I typically carry 2-40 oz. in the bottle holder and on other occasions a 6 pack in the main disc space with less discs of course.

Get a Karma and be set for all your big bag needs.

Had my Black Karma for a year and a half and the only wear I've had is the front logo is coming undone. No big deal though.
I bought mine on a whim, only seeing the old pictures they had on their Facebook. When it arrived I was amazed. I needed a bigger bag than my old fade crunch, and the Karma is everything I needed plus some. I don't think you need a bigger bag than this, but if you do there is always the Zulu.
I typically carry 2-40 oz. in the bottle holder and on other occasions a 6 pack in the main disc space with less discs of course.

Get a Karma and be set for all your big bag needs.

Thats right, you were one of the first to own the karma in texas

Latest posts