• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Vulture Driver

The Vulture only have a 1,8cm RIM and Discraft have it at a speed 10?

Undertaker and Heat has a 1,9rim and have a Speed 9 rating . . . my DD Ecscape and Convict have a 2,0 rim and a 9 Speed raiting

Most speed 10 discs have 1,9-2,1 Rims. . .The Vulture must have one of the smalest rim of all speed 10 drivers

Or, the unthinkable, that Discraft has pulled the number 10 out of thin air :|

I try my best to look only at rim width when it comes to drivers and speed.

The Vulture only have a 1,8cm RIM and Discraft have it at a speed 10?

Undertaker and Heat has a 1,9rim and have a Speed 9 rating . . . my DD Ecscape and Convict have a 2,0 rim and a 9 Speed raiting

Most speed 10 discs have 1,9-2,1 Rims. . .The Vulture must have one of the smalest rim of all speed 10 drivers

PDGA specs are wrong. Vulture has, at least, a 2.0 rim width. Just measured an Undertaker I have at my desk, at 1.9. From a visual comparison when I was throwing them last week, the Vulture is a tick larger.

Undertaker Left Vulture Right

26634099437_24c0a4cb8f_z_d.jpg

Really digging this disc as a FH control driver. I never really got along with the thunderbird for whatever reason, but this comes out cleanly and goes where I want it to. I has a little turn, then glides straight for a good long flight before its forward-dumping fade kicks in. My favorite new disc in the last couple years. Good job Discraft.

Really digging this disc as a FH control driver. I never really got along with the thunderbird for whatever reason, but this comes out cleanly and goes where I want it to. I has a little turn, then glides straight for a good long flight before its forward-dumping fade kicks in. My favorite new disc in the last couple years. Good job Discraft.

I'm wondering if the Vulture has the flight I grew to love out of a 2005, beat, old mold Z Pred. Hearing this makes me think yes.

So this is my stable to overstable disc set. They all go about the same distance around 350'-400' (undertow is farthest-overstable predator shortest)

This how I rank the vulture into my lineup:

Least stable to most stable
SP Undertow, 173g
Beat-in Champ teebird, 175g
Beat Z predator,175g (this has now become a problem with the vulture)
Newish champ teebird, 175g
New Z Vulture, 175g
Fresh Z predator, 175g

These also go in order for distance potential, first goes farthest. Except the vulture, which does out pace the newer champ teebird.

The vulture has created a problem, although a good problem, "do I keep the old pred in the bag anymore?" I love the disc, it gives me safety know that I can run my old one freely. But now that I can, it's just taking up space, bc I'll only throw it on safe, ace runs. And since I hardly ever do that....:/

PDGA specs are wrong. Vulture has, at least, a 2.0 rim width. Just measured an Undertaker I have at my desk, at 1.9. From a visual comparison when I was throwing them last week, the Vulture is a tick larger.

Strange if the PDGA are wrong, how hard can it be to measure a disc.

I have a Vulture on the way, and a few Undertakers at home. . .so should be a fun comparison

Looking for something abit more stable than my Convicts.

also ordered a Sting, and a few of the new Ti discs. . .The Ti Mantis vs my Stalker should be a fun comparison and the new Ti Zone vs my Cryztal

So i got my Vulture today and it has a 1,9cm RIM and my Undertakers is at 1,8. . so opposite the PDGA numbers.

went out to the field and throw all the new disc i got today, The Vulture, Sting, New Ti Mantis, Ti Zone, Ti Thrasher

So i got my Vulture today and it has a 1,9cm RIM and my Undertakers is at 1,8. . so opposite the PDGA numbers.

went out to the field and throw all the new disc i got today, The Vulture, Sting, New Ti Mantis, Ti Zone, Ti Thrasher

Are you using calipers, because I measured the Undertaker at 1.9 (base of rim to wingtip)?

(measured a Glo ESP...)

Yes caliper on a Z FLX, and it so soft that i may have pushed the caliper in to the plastic. . .and if i´m more exact, 1,85cm.

But if i mesure the Vulture and move the caliper over to the Undertaker, there is a small gap. . so the Vulture have a larger rim

Yes caliper on a Z FLX, and it so soft that i may have pushed the caliper in to the plastic. . .and if i´m more exact, 1,85cm.

But if i mesure the Vulture and move the caliper over to the Undertaker, there is a small gap. . so the Vulture have a larger rim

That's the problem with using calipers to measure things that are not hard steel. You can exert enough force to dig the caliper into the object being measured, thus getting a different result than the next guy. I use calipers all the time at work measuring laminate wood and Styrofoam products and I get different numbers than my boss all the time.

Given how much the PDGA measures stuff you'd think they might just pony up for some kind of 3d scanner. That way they can take human error out of the equation.

But PDGA have the Undertaker at a larger rim than Vulture. . .you can se with the naked eye that the Vulture have a larger rim than Undertaker.
So hard to se how the PDGA came to this conclusion

But PDGA have the Undertaker at a larger rim than Vulture. . .you can se with the naked eye that the Vulture have a larger rim than Undertaker.
So hard to se how the PDGA came to this conclusion

I don't trust their rim measurements at all.