• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Vulture Driver

Any idea when those are coming out? I'd love to support Austin.

If you IM Michael Barnett on Facebook, he can hook you up from BG Ams. He posts these to the facebook group "Discraft All Day" all of the time. Basically a virtual fly mart.

Otherwise they will be available in May at all retailers.

Fun to se a video from Discraft, the most media shy Company in discgolf

They are fixing that as the guy doing the internet stuff was terrible and the company had to get a new guy for the media of the company as the old guy died. Now the most media shy company is not Discraft it is Millennium, almost nothing from that company, and they were out in mid 2000's. Well before the newer Discmania which has only been out since 2013 and since 2015 in USA. Discmania has even stepped up it's media in the last few years.

I have around 250 discs and on pure "feel in the hand" The Vulture is No1 of all my discs. . no sharpe edges or anything that ruins the feel of the disc

Bold statement. I saw someone comparing the feel to a Predator which didn't sound great. I'll have to get a hold of one at a PIAS to see for myself.

I like the feel- even for sidearms. The one Predator I briefly owned was acceptable for backhands, but that lip threw off my forehand so bad that I OAT'd it straight into the ground every time. The Vulture, even being significantly less overstable, comes out nice and smooth for me. Actually had a very close ace run on a forehand the first round I played with it. So far, I'm impressed.

I think I might have posted something similar in the discraft thread but...

The vulture is a legit competitor to the PD and Thunderbird. I got one to try out and compare to my beat z predators, and it found a spot in the bag next to them. Longer than my preds and more glide, while still having pretty solid high speed stability. I think the 10/5/0/2 discraft rates it is pretty spot on, at least for the big Z. Instead of trying to replace my beat predators with it, the vulture found a spot next to my cranks in the control distance slot (which I've been missing for a while now) I have an Austin Turner ESP on the way too, can't wait to throw it!

Any idea if there's any differences in feel/profile from the Big-Z's?

Let us know how it flies after you start throwing it!

The look and feel awesome. Definitely gummier than the big z versions, and a little domier too. Haven't had a chance to throw it yet.

The vulture is a legit competitor to the PD and Thunderbird.

Guess I'll have to wait until Discraft sponsors me 😎since I'm very committed to PDs. They've definitey put together some nice new fairway/control drivers in the last few years with the Undertaker, Mantis, Vulture etc.

Tried out the Vulture for the first time today. Now I feel silly for getting a backup for my Punisher, because the Vulture flies same lines better for me. Though it is a slower disc it has gone straighter longer before the forward fade kicks in. Forearm flicks seem more controllable too. For my arm-speed/power (350' Thrasher) it looks like I have a new OS disc.
(it flies 310' for me, btw, which is good for me throwing an OS disc)

My sig series swirl esp vulture and z vulture showed up today. The swirl looks great and has some done. I'm thinking this will bomb like my big z versions. The z is really flat. Thinking this will be very over stable and a great flick disc. Can't wait to throw these!