• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Watch out Highbridge Hills

What will happen to this course

• It will recieve poor reviews to knock it down

Votes: 12 16.2%
  • Idlewild and Flip City will get a string of 5's

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • the course will gain popularity and maintain #1

Votes: 25 33.8%
  • Who gives a crap it's in Wisconsin

Votes: 30 40.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

prerube

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
The Idlewild-Flipcity 1 2 battle has cost both of them.
I just saw Highbridge Hills - Blueberry Hill in Wisconsin was the new top rated course (only 10 reviews).

What will happen to this course?

Last edited:
How dare you include #4 . . . WIsconsin has some good disc golf and I happen to love the state.

Good poll I wonder how many people will sign up for the site just to post a review! of any of those courses

Blueberry should stay there for a while...especially if all my buddies that joined me in Highbridge actually set up their damn DGCR accounts and start reviewing (6 friends, all of them would consider Blueberry a 5)!

your 6 boys may help, but Flip and Idlewild have die hard fans who may sink to sabotage (it has happened)
I hope it maintains it's 5 for a while to take the attention off the 2 biggies.
Personally I miss Elison Park and Baker Farm being on the list. (not that they are better)

since flip and idle will need like 50 5s to catch up Im guessing a bunch of fake reviewers will pop up and give highbridge a slew of 4.5s.....can t wait to see the creative fake names and profiles the flippers and Idle Idolers come up with!

congrats on the rating!! from the looks of it i wouldnt doubt a 5 disc rating...i just wish i could fast forward time to see how this one holds up after 50+ reviews

kind of fishy that it has 4 reviews in 5 days though..and started days after you previously mentioned it stating it should be number one....???:)

Last edited:
Maybe timg should implement a sabotage-proof system, something like your first 5 or 10 reviews can't be for a course that is currently in the Top 10. That would prevent fanboys from setting up a (fake) profile just to bump up a rating.

Being I live in Wisconsin, I hope I get a chance to play there before we move to Greenville, South Carolina. We've played many Wi. courses, but it's a long drive there from Madison:(

Maybe timg should implement a sabotage-proof system, something like your first 5 or 10 reviews can't be for a course that is currently in the Top 10. That would prevent fanboys from setting up a (fake) profile just to bump up a rating.

why should we start coming up with special rules now lol, thats ridiculous ..just because you're course is currently at number 1:p:rolleyes:....imo i still believe a course should be required to have a min of 20-25...i mean, this 10 review rule was put in place A LONG time ago, the site is A LOT bigger now and the accuracy of course ratings should be a lot better bc of more reviews/data...*goes to write 1.5 star review of highbridge hills.* :)

why should we start coming up with special rules now lol, thats ridiculous ..just because you're course is currently at number 1:p:rolleyes:....imo i still believe a course should be required to have a min of 20-25...i mean, this 10 review rule was put in place A LONG time ago, the site is A LOT bigger now and the accuracy of course ratings should be a lot better bc of more reviews/data...*goes to write 1.5 star review of highbridge hills.* :)

:D Hee-hee, I'm no fan of taking away from the spirit of this site and really don't think "rules" should be implemented at all, especially given the subjective nature of 9/10 of the reviews out there! I wish I could claim Blueberry as "my course," but it's a 5-1/2 hour drive from me! :mad: It's cool to finally see WI represented in the Top 10 (2 courses popping up there within a week!), but with the fluid nature of a list governed by subjectivity, who knows how long they'll stay there; of course, with the proper online army, the entire Top 10 could be manipulated to WI courses (including Highbridge Gold, Telemark, Sandy Point, perhaps Mont du Lac), but I'd find that type of attack unbecoming of the type of unbiased reviewing community I assume timg intended to establish.

i think us texans are just too hard on our ratings....we prolly have ten time better courses, we would prolly rate your 5's as .5's ..thats why ours are all so low lol jk...i am very suprised not 1 texas course can make it on the list though, and we have a ton of texans AND courses on this site

Looks like someone's been thumbing-down every Blueberry Hill review, not like that does anything for its position in the Top 10!

i think us texans are just too hard on our ratings....we prolly have ten time better courses, we would prolly rate your 5's as .5's ..thats why ours are all so low lol jk...i am very suprised not 1 texas course can make it on the list though, and we have a ton of texans AND courses on this site

Just fyi, I would rate blueberry a 5.0 in my opinion and I've played a huge chunk of Texas courses (if you care to, see my course map in my profile). There's not a single course in Texas I would rather play or a single destination I would rather go to besides Highbridge Hills (unless San Saba was opened back up, then it would be a close call). This place is rediculously awesome and not to mention the high was in the 70s in mid August (you can rarely find those tempatures in the middle of the night in Texas during August)

Also, like you said previously, it might seem like it's fishy that a few reviews all came at the same time, but in my opinion it still deserves to be at least near the top.

I'll give my review sometime in the future but I just don't have time to rate all the courses I've played lately.

If any of you reading this have a chance to make it to Highbridge, DO IT!!! It was absolutely worth the 1,400 mile trip (only including the one way) just to get there for us. p.s. stay in the Honka House, it will make it that much better.

Also, it might stay at the top of the rankings for a while because you almost have to be a dedicated disc golfer to travel to play it since it's litterally in the middle of nowhere. Thus you're probably not going to have a newbie dger that reviews it as a 0.0 just because. At the same time, it'll probably wont have many (if any) locals that know nothing besides these courses (their home courses) reviewing it.

You know, I would just love to play all the top courses and then be able to rate them all more fairly. I think Highbridge will fall with 10 more reviews. The question is how far? Based on the pictures I am going to say that it will be in the running around the #5 position. That is if everyone rates things fairly.

I think Tim needs to sell tinfoil hats with DGCR logos on them. He'd make a killing.

Last edited:
I think Tim needs to sell tinfoil hats with DGCR logos on them. He'd make a killing.

HA! Exactly what I was going to write. Sure are some bat-sh#t-crazy conspiracy theorists in here...or just people who just like to bitch. Too much Fox News and Rush I suppose.:D

Here's what's going to happen...

Highbridge over time and playing will have the same hi/low scores the other tops have. I haven't played there (will in a month) but know MANY people who have and they all speak SUPER high of the Blueberry course. My guess is that it will receive some 4's and 4.5's after awhile to balance it out. Oh, did someone forget to put that in this dumb poll?

Sorry boss, IVe played in texas, and sofar I havent been all THAT impressed with many of the courses. Texas isnt known for its hills, lakes and forests, though, which i think many people prefer on courses, hence why so many MN, WI, MI courses top the list.

Desert DG is great, and I dont think it gets quite the respect it deserves, but give it time. What I look forward to is the top 100 courses list like timg did last yr. Im sure several TX courses will make appearances there