• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

We have had some good times but see ya meteor!!

It better shape up though or out it goes to be replaced with a Fuse or something.
images

I have been pondering picking up a meteor for a few months now. I had a Z Comet for a while but did not like how deep the rim was. i loved how it flew, but I couldn't get consistent with it.

I ponder the Meteor because it seems to be designed to fly like a comet, just a little faster and with a shallower rim.

And, for the record this thread has brought me no closer to making a decision on whether or not I should purchase a Meteor. LOL
I don't think a Meteor flies like a Comet much at all, it's akin to saying that a Buzzz flies like a Roc. I think a Meteor is just a Buzzz that's supposed to be understable from the start. If you want Comet-like flight in a low profile package, a Fuse is a better fit IMO.

like i said. vid or it didnt happen. im not debating them...theyre not the the ones saying they can throw it 400' on here.

Sorry, I forgot you're supposed to exaggerate for the interwebs! Sooooo... yeah, I guess I meant to say that I throw one 550'! :p

I had a Meteor, loved it, lost it. Someone found it, had my name and number on it, they threw it and lost it. I bought a Z Comet to replace it. I love it as well, but now I carry a max weight Opto Fuse for that slot and I am loving it as well. Like the comet it holds any line you put it on, it may have slightly less glide though.

It really doesn't take a whole lot of tailwind to turn a 360' Meteor shot into a 400' Meteor shot. That was one of my issues with the Meteor...It's a bit too fast/far flying for a mid. I think it's closer to an XL than a Buzzz. I would have trouble getting it to hold slow annies inside of 300', and overall it was hard for me to control the Meteor consistently for midrange distance shots. The Meteor and Comet were fighting it out for that slot in the bag over a couple of years...and then the Fuse came out. I haven't looked back.

Also, the flying squirrel is the best out of the box understable mid on the market. It does what a meteor only wishes it could do and it has more glide.

Man the meteor is great. I throw the buzzz ss and beat buzzz but I love the glide of the meteor. It is so easy to throw. Hyzer flipping in the woods is where it shines for me. I've also not seen any problems with wear and seasoning making it too wild or unpredictable.

Now that your meteor has broken down should we call it a 'Meteorite'

I'm still a Mako enthusiast for long straight drives. Begin the hatin'

I bought an ESP meteor when I got my first set of discs. I hated it so much when I started but once I learned that you need to hyzer flip this thing, it's a big success. I love using this disc on holes where that are long, straight but the left side is OB or thick brush. I hyzer-flip it straight up the alley and it flips up and over to give a nice L to R line before fading out straight down the line again. I get most of my complement on the DG course when I throw shots like that with my meteor.

DH