• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

weather at your ice bowl

Looks like I'll only play two this year. Traveling up to Huntington,WV tomorrow 2/4. Supposed to be mid 30s and steady rain all day. Sounds miserable. Well there went the first buck for that whine. I hope the weather is better for ours here in Ashland,Ky on 2/25.

Last weekend in Des Moines it was about 35 degrees, pretty windy at times, too.
There was a record turn out, 117! I think they collected over a ton of food, too.
It was a good day.

Anybody know what the website is that has all the pics from the des moines ice bowl?

So Icebowl #1 out of the way. Huntington WV 2/4/12. Started out cloudy and high thirties. Second round brought scattered rain but fun was had by all anyway.

Last year we experienced true ICE Bowl weather; temp in the teens, mountains of snow and winds gusting to 50. But this year its been one of the mildest in recent memory. That said the forecast for this Saturday, our Ice Bowl day, High of 20 with snow showers. Fortunately light winds. I can't wait.

Last weekend in Des Moines it was about 35 degrees, pretty windy at times, too.
There was a record turn out, 117! I think they collected over a ton of food, too.
It was a good day.

I was going to go to that one but had to work so I went to the Grinnell Freeze the next weekend (Feb 4). It was about 30 degrees with 20mph winds and heavy snow. There was about 3" of accumulation during the last half of the first round and first half of the second round. The snow was coming down almost sideways for most of the heavy stuff. It was my first time playing in those conditions and I loved it. Parks just look cool during a heavy snowfall.

I was going to go to that one but had to work so I went to the Grinnell Freeze the next weekend (Feb 4). It was about 30 degrees with 20mph winds and heavy snow. There was about 3" of accumulation during the last half of the first round and first half of the second round. The snow was coming down almost sideways for most of the heavy stuff. It was my first time playing in those conditions and I loved it. Parks just look cool during a heavy snowfall.

Dang! I thought about coming down for this one (I was there last year), now I'm bummed I missed it, sounds like a blast!

Supposed to be a high of 59* ( a 22* drop! from today's forcasted high) winds should be <10mph. Sounds like a great "Ice" Bowl

I love playing in the snow anytime I can. I hope we have a little for my icebowl on the 25th. Hoping my co-t.d. won't mind me throwing whoile he cooks lunch.

It was rainy, windy and a chilly 40 degrees or so for mine. I still tied for 1st in AM and came in 3rd in doubles after a 3 hole playoff so it wasn't that bad. Got a sweet shirt and an Aviar out of it and we raised some money for a food bank, so I can't complain too much about the weather.