• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Weird Quirks

Rockiesfan4ever

Birdie Member
I was thinking about this during my drive the other day and figured it would make an interesting topic. What weird quirks do you have when you play your round?

For me I have 3 quirks that get called out most often when I play with people:

1). Before most of my throws (and all of my drives) I kiss my discs.
2). I sing "Rolling in the Deep" by Adele when I play.
3). I have multiple putters in different colors but will only putt with the blue one.

I hold the discs in my hand so that I can read the words on them, or so that the stamp isn't upside down.

It's not so that I don't use the wrong disc, it's because it messes with my head if the stamp is upside-down. Like a mild OCD.

EDIT: To clarify-

RIGHT
qscloSe.jpg

WRONG
oH3d7fR.jpg

Last edited:
all my discs are organized in two sections - drivers and midranges. (putters are on the outside pockets.) however, within those two sections, the discs are arranged in color order. green to yellow to orange to red to purple to dark (navy, black, etc). in the case where i replace a disc with a color that is not in that scheme i put it as close as i can to the color location that it should be. i can't really continue unless they're in the correct order.

all my discs are organized in two sections - drivers and midranges. (putters are on the outside pockets.) however, within those two sections, the discs are arranged in color order. green to yellow to orange to red to purple to dark (navy, black, etc). in the case where i replace a disc with a color that is not in that scheme i put it as close as i can to the color location that it should be. i can't really continue unless they're in the correct order.

Almost the same except my 2 sections are overstable and understable (but don't do the color order). Easy way to keep count of discs so I don't leave one.

I have to hold the disc with the stamp facing straight up (12 o'clock position) if I don't do this the throw will not end well with this factor in my head

My bag is grouped into mids, fairways, distance, each in order of increasing stability:
Comet to Drone
Beat DX Leopard to Z-Predator
Roadunner to Pro Boss

I don't mean to be anal about it, but since they're organized for a reason, it's preety easy to notice when something's out of place and I just want to fix it whenever something's not "right."

My bag is grouped into mids, fairways, distance, each in order of increasing stability:
Comet to Drone
Beat DX Leopard to Z-Predator
Roadunner to Pro Boss

I don't mean to be anal about it, but since they're organized for a reason, it's preety easy to notice when something's out of place and I just want to fix it whenever something's not "right."

I wouldn't say that's a quirk at all. I'd say that's logical. :)

As far as my game goes, I don't think that I have any unusual quirks, although I think that some people might beg to differ with me on this.

I always finish a hole by putting my putter in the basket, even when I'm just playing a casual or solo round. If someone picks up gimme putt of mine and hands me my putter, I won't go out of my way to put it in. I don't want anyone to think that I'm ungrateful... or weird. :p But if I'm right by the basket, I tend to put it in anyway. The disc deserves to touch the chains, doesn't it? :D

I lightly lick my index, middle, and ring fingers and then immediately dry them off on my pants leg before each throw/putt.

I need them to be a little bit moist, but not wet.

When I'm putting, I take three practice swing throughs with my right (putting) arm, while each time the disc returns back to my left hand where I will slightly adjust it by rotating it backward on each touch before putting.

I hold the discs in my hand so that I can read the words on them, or so that the stamp isn't upside down.

It's not so that I don't use the wrong disc, it's because it messes with my head if the stamp is upside-down. Like a mild OCD.

EDIT: To clarify-

RIGHT
qscloSe.jpg

WRONG
oH3d7fR.jpg

Me too!!! Freaks me out if the stamp isn't facing me

I lightly lick my index, middle, and ring fingers and then immediately dry them off on my pants leg before each throw/putt.

I need them to be a little bit moist, but not wet.

I do the same thing, I need grip on my fingers. I will also do the same to the spot in my palm where the disc comes in contact with it

When I'm settling into my putting stance, I kind of do these circle motions with my elbows to loosen up a little. Best way to describe it might be like a chicken flapping its wings, which really makes it sound weirder than it looks.

I flip the disc over a couple times in my hands before I start my practice putting swings.

I cannot look at a Boss without it really bothering me that we can't have a signature disc Nate Doss Boss.

This comes up often even though I do not throw Bosses, but man do I find them a lot. Short holes too, weird.

Latest posts