• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Weirdest distraction you've had on the course

7 ft long snake going across the fairway was a tough one, as was a guy parking his car and nearly hitting my friend who was teeing off.

A couple of years ago the buddies and I where playing Graceland in Lamoni, IA and on tee pad 7 two babes where laying out sunbathing... we skip the hole and didn't disturb them but talk about a distraction.

There's been a few over the years...

- Car wreck that necessitated use of a medical chopper.
- Drive by shooting
- Suspicious device found behind a police substation in the same park, necessitating the police to close off two holes.

You know, things happen.

A homeless guy on meth(?) aggressively yelled at our group, "how much are one of those bags?"
We didn't understand him, so he clarified, "I said, how much does it cost to look like a little b*tch?"

It was pretty amusing.

Dude wouldn't have lasted long saying that to one of our groups. Plus he didn't belong on the course.

Well, quite a few. I think that is really what brought me back to playing, playing more with people and playing in park courses. Cause you know, not much drama tossing a disc at a phone pole at home..

The one that seemed like a dream a native American would have went down kind of like this..

So, I'm in Montana. Late September and the weather should have been like nice and warm.

But their is snow on the ground, and the sun is coming out. Mountains in the background. And by the way I'm dragging my brother along because I'm on vacation visiting him playing one of my favorite courses.

Thru the rising fog from melting snow and intense sunlight at high elevation appeared a vision. Except I wasn't tripping and had nothing good enough to smoke that would have given me the creativity to tell this story. But sitting on hole nine's basket was a giant Great Northern Owl. Like it was crazy. As we got closer to the basket about a two hundred foot approach after your drive. The owl didn't move steering ya down.

So, my brother yell's "I'm putting this one in!" He rears back, basically a non discer and slings a mid range dead straight for the basket. It slams in, dead center. The owl stretched its wings briefly and didn't bat an eye.

It freaked us out so much we left that disc in the basket!

A hot girl

One time at my local park/course there was an athletic young woman wearing yoga pants/leggings who bent over to pick up her discs from the waist, facing the disc, legs straight. Every time. The course is such that you can see every hole from every other hole.

I don't have any idea what score I shot that day. Could have been a hundred

This fall I hit a woman with my putt. There was this white line painted on the ground, it ran right past the basket. My approach left me 20'ish short and to the left. I lined up and putted and as soon as I let it go I saw the woman running down the painted line; it was the marking for a cross-country running path. The putt hit her in the arm as she ran past. She never once hesitated or acted like she noticed in any way; I yelled at her but she had earbuds in. Just. Kept. Running.

During late spring to late summer the Mosquito Control uses hole #16 fairway at Picnic Island frequently in the morning as their reloading station for larvicide spraying since it is a perfect central location. It does take the hole out of play since they rope half of it off but it is great for close up viewing of a Bell Jet Ranger 206 helicopter landings and takeoffs and aerial maneuvering. I'm used to it now but it certainly got my attention the first time I saw them coming in less than 50 feet over the tree tops to land near the tee pad.

During that Pokemon craze a while back, we had people walking all over the course, paying no attention to those discs flying around them. What I most remember was one woman that got hit by discs not once but twice... she couldn't seem to figure it out the first time...

I never saw those people at a DG course, but my god were they idiots. I've never seen such retarded sheep in my life. I'm glad that Pokemon thing died out.

Dude wouldn't have lasted long saying that to one of our groups. Plus he didn't belong on the course.

Disc golf in my area is approved by the parks department on a multi-use basis. People are allowed to walk the trails.

We were the only disc golfers on the course, so we were mobbing 12 deep for doubles, so this guy running his mouth to this large group, was all the more amusing. We weren't about to beat up a mentally unstable person, especially when it was a pretty good line.

One time before @stardoggy peaked @HBH he envisioned a hole with no trees at all. Just penises.

Probably had to be there.

One random summer weekday afternoon I see something that looks like a big white sack hanging from a tree along the 11th fairway at Oregon Park. I throw my drive and as I approach, things come into better focus. I can see it's actually a hammock, and there are two people in it. I take some more steps, and I see it's a young couple, maybe 16-18. And they're naked. :|

I never saw those people at a DG course, but my god were they idiots. I've never seen such retarded sheep in my life. I'm glad that Pokemon thing died out.

They were all over my home course for a few weeks. The most dangerous thing was full families, people with small children. And they literally would just walk in front of someone about to tee off or throw from the field, not paying the least bit of attention to where they were. I'm surprised there weren't more serious injuries during that time...

Lol....your crew is known for beating up defenseless, likely mentally ill, meth heads??
For the record, they have the same rights you do.....even if you don't approve of their life choices. :wall:

One random summer weekday afternoon I see something that looks like a big white sack hanging from a tree along the 11th fairway at Oregon Park. I throw my drive and as I approach, things come into better focus. I can see it's actually a hammock, and there are two people in it. I take some more steps, and I see it's a young couple, maybe 16-18. And they're naked. :|

Honestly surprised I have never seen this at OP. Plenty of people in hammocks way too close to the basket, but no nudity yet.