• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

West MI, Brewer Park DGCR Meet 3/31/2012

B3NDER

Bending Rodriguez
Bronze level trusted reviewer
WHERE: Earl W Brewer Park, Byron Center, MI: 399 84th Street Byron Center, MI 49315

WHEN: Saturday, March the 31st, at Noon or a bit after

WHO: Anyone who shows up

Just letting anyone in the West Michigan Area (or anyone else interested) that two of DGCR's very own members will be playing Brewer Park this weekend, and would love to extend the invite all of you!

We will be arriving around noonish or a bit after, in the Disc Golf parking lot in the back, and going from there. This isn't a HUGE event, as much as it is just a last minute meet-up to go out and have a good time. We will at least play entire round (27 holes) and whoever is up for more afterwards is welcome to stay and keep playing!

If you have a DGCR 2012 Travel tag, bring it for a trade or two!

Those attending:

B3NDER
Todd Wiley

On the Fence:

apdrvya

FYI, the course is in a bit of flux. The old 4x9 layout is gone, there are now two 18 hole courses. Last I heard, one was pretty much finished, the other is still a work in progress with no signs as of yet. Also, the back parking lot was still closed last weekend, we had to walk in from the main lot.

FYI, the course is in a bit of flux. The old 4x9 layout is gone, there are now two 18 hole courses. Last I heard, one was pretty much finished, the other is still a work in progress with no signs as of yet. Also, the back parking lot was still closed last weekend, we had to walk in from the main lot.

:doh: That's what I get for not knowing these things. I haven't been since last year....

Perhaps you could edit the post to say we will be meeting in the FRONT lot, unless the back is open. We'll just have to make the best of it!

Thanks again for the heads up! For living so close, I feel pretty dumb for not knowing about this stuff.

Last edited:
Just talked to the owners of Frisci's disc shop. they said they worked on the course last weekend. and that this weekend should hopefully be the last weekend before it is completed. I am waiting to play the course after it is finished.

Bump-city

We're going to make this thing work out regardless, even if it means making a post Brewer trip to Old Farm or Jaycee!

Rally the troops!

from what i have heard is that the south course is pretty much done. they just need to finish up on the north course (old blue)

sweetness... I should be arriving in town around 3 pm actually.... but I am trying to convince the wife to leave earlier

from what i have heard is that the south course is pretty much done. they just need to finish up on the north course (old blue)

Sounds about right, they had almost all the tees and pads moved by last saturday on the south course and were just starting on moving things on the north side.

South Course it is!

If you need me to pick you up Todd, make sure to let me know! (time, place etc)

The plan seems to be to play South at Brewer, then take our game to Old Farm or Jaycee, depending on the mood.

i get out of work at 2 pm on satuday and i am minutes from brewer. You may have to park in the lot by the soccer fields and walk back. not sure if the back parking lot is open as of yet. I could meet you all there.

Sounds like a plan rshrevo! Like I said, we'll figure out brewer, then hit up another park from there.

Sounds awesome. Bender, I will probably need to hitch a ride from the hotel, but I got gas money and a groove and a few other goodies. I am down to play in any weather unless its crazy drenching downpour, but a little rain never stops me for long.

My friend Guy and I are down. Not a huge fan of brewer as it'll be super packed, but win some lose some.

So we have:

B3NDER
Todd Wiley (+1 I believe)
sgamerp (+1)
rshrevo
E-Man

Undecided:

apdrvya

...and Brewer is just to get things started, we are open for change and ideas.

So we have:

B3NDER
Todd Wiley (+1 I believe)
sgamerp (+1)
rshrevo
E-Man

Undecided:

apdrvya

...and Brewer is just to get things started, we are open for change and ideas.

My +1 is definately a maybe... my son may or may not want to go discing... he might stay at the hotel with his mom and little sis to do some swimming in the pool.

Brewer is just for my benefit ..... I want to hit up a course that is new to me and this may be my only chance this whole year. I'd be willing to play Old Farm or JayCee Park or both again.

Should be a fun time with a good sized group!

I believe sgamerp and his buddy are going to hit up Jaycee BEFORE I come pick you up, since its sorta down the road from where you'll be Todd. Then from there we can hit brewer, and then Old farm if we feel up to it! :hfive:

so what courses are we hitting up first i get out of work at 2 pm from work i am 3.5 miles from jaycee and about 5 miles from brewer.

Looks like Jaycee first, and that's be as early as 1 if sgamerp is up for it.

After that, it'll be Brewer after I scoop up Todd and from there, it's whatever we wanna do.

I am actually going to try to get the family motivated to leave a bit earlier... maybe I can convince them that they need some time at a mall before they check into the hotel.... we'll see what I can pull off. Either way, I will be updating B3nder on my progress and approximate arrival time. The wife is already planning on stopping a lot, because we definately don't smoke in the car with the kids.

Latest posts