• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

West Michigan Disc Golfers ??????

Terry C

Double Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Hey DGCR members, Terry C here. I was just wondering how many DGCR members play leagues and tourneys in west Michigan. I play on the dogs of disc league every wednesday alternating between Brewer park, Riverside park and Fallasburg park.

I am also playing the "APRIL ANHYZER" pdga sanctioned tournament at cascade park saturday april 17th.

There are tons of people in my league so there has to be some DGCR members and I would like to know who they are so we can meet and greet next time before league and maybe play the round together. I have my travel tag out displayed proudly on my disc bag but nobody has noticed it or commented on it yet.

Also is anyone playing at cascade parks tournament tomarrow? I would like to know for the same reasons (meet and greet other DGCR members). I think that would be really cool to get to know each other away from the website.

Let me know and we can get together!! Thanks guys and gals!! :hfive:

West Michigan disc golfers Ive met thru the DGCR: Greg Layton, Ovar, Grasstain, Valkyrie and Mambrose.

I have probobly met and played with a bunch of other DGCR members we just didnt know at the time, thats kind of why I started this thread.

Last edited:
Whitehall

We run leagues on Monday nights (6:00). Or if you are ever around this area look me up, I'd love to shoot a round or two with you.

We run leagues on Monday nights (6:00). Or if you are ever around this area look me up, I'd love to shoot a round or two with you.

Thanks for posting Ron. Are you talking about running the dogs of disc's monday night league or a whitehall clubs monday league? The dogs have a monday and a wednesday league. The difference is the monday league is always at Fallasburg park where as the wednesday league alternates between 3 different parks. I play on the wednesday league.

Good to hear from you.....

Last edited:
Yeah, im still not shure about working this summer, so i dono if ill join dogs, that and brewer is like 45 mins from my house

Yeah, im still not shure about working this summer, so i dono if ill join dogs, that and brewer is like 45 mins from my house

Hey you got the rest of your life to work so screw your job. lol, Now get out there and disc golf and make yourself usefull!! I guarantee if you play the league and your brother dosent then you will be consistantly kicking his butt by the end of this summer.

Hey you got the rest of your life to work so screw your job. lol, Now get out there and disc golf and make yourself usefull!! I guarantee if you play the league and your brother dosent then you will be consistantly kicking his butt by the end of this summer.

But not untill then ;)

Terry C,

I'm mildly disappointed by the lack of enthusiasm on this thread. "say it loud I'm a WM discer and I'm proud!"

I'd like to start playing the DoD league, but it's a lot to ask to leave work early every Wednesday. Haven't been able to justify it yet.

I'm actually not a big fan of the courses here in GR, so you won't see me playing around here much. The courses here are either packed to the point where you're just standing around waiting constantly (Riverside, Brewer) or not really worth my time (Cascade (wind), Old Farm (poor layout), Jaycee (leaves and poor layout)). On a typical Saturday I'd rather drive a couple of hours to try out a course that I haven't played before than stick around here and play the same few crowded courses over and over. I guess one look at my 'courses played' map illustrates my tendencies pretty well.

Last edited:
I'm west of Michigan and just west of Lake Michigan. :)

(And there are no holes over par-3 within 50 miles of here)

Grand Rapids courses are a little weak compared with others around the state.

Terry C,

I'm mildly disappointed by the lack of enthusiasm on this thread. "say it loud I'm a WM discer and I'm proud!"

Hi every one, I'm Terry and I am a discaholic!!

I'd like to start playing the DoD league, but it's a lot to ask to leave work early every Wednesday. Haven't been able to justify it yet.

I'm actually not a big fan of the courses here in GR, so you won't see me playing around here much. The courses here are either packed to the point where you're just standing around waiting constantly (Riverside, Brewer) or not really worth my time (Cascade (wind), Old Farm (poor layout), Jaycee (leaves and poor layout)). On a typical Saturday I'd rather drive a couple of hours to try out a course that I haven't played before than stick around here and play the same few crowded courses over and over. I guess one look at my 'courses played' map illustrates my tendencies pretty well.

I play on the d.o.d league every Wednesday. Its a great way to hang out with a bunch of good guys and have fun disc golfing. The parks might not be the worlds best but its a good time and it has made me a better disc golfer. Come on out to league some Wednesday and play one for fun. Its like 5$ for non club members. PM me if your going to come out and we can play on the same card.;)

I'm a west michigan disc golfer but not a member of any leagues.

Come out to the dogs league. http://dogsofdisc.webs.com/ We have a lot of fun.

I'm west of Michigan and just west of Lake Michigan. :)

(And there are no holes over par-3 within 50 miles of here)

Sounds like a great area for disc golf then, ;). Good to hear from ya again dave!! Okay, take care now bye bye.

Grand Rapids courses are a little weak compared with others around the state.

Grandrapids has a lot of urban area courses that use the landscape the best they can. Once you get out in the country a ways you start seeing much larger courses with lots more trees and obstacles. Some people like that kind of course, some like a more open or even a small technical course better. To each his own, I like em and play em all.

There are 3 pdga tournaments the memorial day weekend fri,sat and sunday. Ludington, flip and (??another one) all close to each other. I was going to try to hit all three if I can afford it.