• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Westside King

upstatedave

I tried my brothers King disc the other day in the field and from a stand still/1 step, I was getting it between 275 and 320ish feet. But it had a huge fade at the end. Like 50 feet plus it looked like. Is this normal for that disc?

At 300', I would expect you would get that result from just about any speed 14 disc.

this.

Try a River or a Saint, or a Seer or Northman if you want to stick with Westside.

They are going to be easier for you to get up to speed at that distance, and they wont have as much fade.

That sounds about right for your arm speed, I throw my Kings with very little fade, but that is throwing the 400+.

Try an Escape or a River they will get you some more boom for your arm speed.

I'm not trying to talk my arm speed but from a stand still it went that far I bet it could throwing farther with a x step added in. Just seemed like a huge fade. To the point where I'd have zero use for it, but it was fun as hell to throw it that far standing still.

I'm not trying to talk my arm speed but from a stand still it went that far I bet it could throwing farther with a x step added in. Just seemed like a huge fade. To the point where I'd have zero use for it, but it was fun as hell to throw it that far standing still.

Understand that speed 14 discs are made to be thrown WAAYYY further than 300'. They're all going to fade out hard if you don't throw them hard enough. Throwing a King 300' is like using a 12 gauge shotgun to kill a mouse. Pointless.

mickey_mouse_elmer_fudd_by_markcrimi-d8rokqu.jpg