• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Westside Longbowman

No doubt Drew can crush but I think that hole is probably measured wrong, possible measured around the dogleg. Just looked more 450ish to me. Seen lots of these players throw as I saw other action on that hole and seemed everyone was discing down or reaching the hole who normally doesn't throw 500+.

Anyways the Longbowman has a fairly blunt rim and 1.8 width. Closer to Innova scale speed 8 for sure.

I finally got a TP Longbowman today and so far I am pretty happy with it. For me it was like a Felon with glide. You can actually use it for distance but you KNOW it will fade back at the end. For me the Felon is only a utility disc, but I could see the Longbowman being my slight headwind driver or my "needs to fade at the end" 325' driver.

I got to throw my friends VIP longbowman last night. Pretty overstable. Feels like it fits somewhere between a felon and cPD in terms of speed and stability. Won't flip up out of a mild hyzer with my power, but doesn't fade so hard that it's not usable. Probably the closest thing I've seen trilogy make to a c/s PD.

I finally got a TP Longbowman today and so far I am pretty happy with it. For me it was like a Felon with glide. You can actually use it for distance but you KNOW it will fade back at the end. For me the Felon is only a utility disc, but I could see the Longbowman being my slight headwind driver or my "needs to fade at the end" 325' driver.

My experience is very similar. The TP Longbowman worked very well for me today when my Saint PRO had a touch too much glide and turn in the wind...

It also holds ridiculous hyzer lines and forehands like a dream. Great disc!

So I got some time in with my VIP and TP longbowman. Interestingly the lighter TP around 172, was more OS than the 174 VIP. I have about 425~ of power and with a full power throw, the longbowman would flip to flat, right straight for about 350 feet, and then dump left. So it is indeed quite overstable and handles power. It is definitely more OS than the culverin but not quiet as glidey. The longbowman is definitely something I can work into my bag. Most likely tossing out my broken in Felons.

I seen this
The 2 I have are definitely more os than the saint pro
The only explanation I can see is that the Saint Pro ratings have been set based on some throws with a brand new disc that has a bunch of flashing on it. It seems that Saint Pro is more prone to it than many other Trilogy molds. Once it disappears the flight straightens out dramatically.

I got to throw my friends VIP longbowman last night. Pretty overstable. Feels like it fits somewhere between a felon and cPD in terms of speed and stability. Won't flip up out of a mild hyzer with my power, but doesn't fade so hard that it's not usable. Probably the closest thing I've seen trilogy make to a c/s PD.

My experience is the same. Flies the same line as my Elasto Sampo but is about 50ft shorter & maybe a tick more stable.

Need a little more time in the field with the 'Bowman overall, but it does feel great in the hand.

Less glide than saint pro. Very similiar late fade. Ie hs stability. You can push on both but the saint pro will often go further. More fairway style.

The only explanation I can see is that the Saint Pro ratings have been set based on some throws with a brand new disc that has a bunch of flashing on it. It seems that Saint Pro is more prone to it than many other Trilogy molds. Once it disappears the flight straightens out dramatically.

Absolutely. Once my pro lost its flashing it was a totally different disc. Before that it was way os

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What the hell is flashing? If your talking about some wear and tear on a discs to give a better release off your hand. I don't think you really have a clue. Flashing, come on dude the bead was invented some time ago.

What the hell is flashing? If your talking about some wear and tear on a discs to give a better release off your hand. I don't think you really have a clue. Flashing, come on dude the bead was invented some time ago.
Not really sure what's your problem, but yes the flashing does add stability and once it wears of the disc becomes less stable. Simple as that.

Maybe you can give me clue. :D

^^^^shhhh, let the adults talk.

Anyone else notice how much the Longbowman likes to skip?

Threw a somewhat downhill 342' straight to fade line this afternoon with my Aqua VIP and it skipped a good 50 feet. I have thrown Eagles and TBs on this very line and get max 20' movement. Threw it on another hole that is usually a park job with a low FB skip and could hit the same line.

My beat up TP is really fun to throw. Seasoned TB HSS with a very late PD-like forward fade. Anything 300'-375 straight/ shaped with a little finish gets this disc. Has picked up a ton of glide but really doesn't drift a lot. When I throw it FH it is pretty much dead straight, but with a little of that very late fade. Love this disc

For me this is not a distance driver. I would say a fresh one fits inbetween a Banshee and TB, but a little faster. If you are a Trilogy only person, dare I say, this is your TB replacement...

I'll be filming a review for the Longbowman tomorrow. I have two 173g Longbowmen: one VIP, one TP.
I'll be throwing them against a DyeMax Felon, RDG Armorflex Raptor, C-Line FD3 and a Sexton Firebird. Should be a fun shoot.

Just got a TP bowman, and love it just based off the feel. Very similar to a slightly smaller rimmed felon. Can't let go! If this thing can cycle and full the role of the saint pros, they will be taking over. Sounds like these are money when thrown in the mid 300's. Now I just have to wait until Saturday to play. Btw: this disc had absolutely no flashing.