• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Westside Longbowman

To each their own. There are tons of molds that I think fly better once beat up. Rocs, Teebirds, Eagles, PDs, Destroyers, etc. I like to cycle molds. Sometimes it seems like the Trilogy brands make it hard to cycle on purpose so you buy more discs. I'm bagging 9 molds in my Trilogy fun bag and 7 in my "regular" bag. I am a mold minimalist and cycler. To each their own.

Tossed my whipping boy a bunch today. It was windy, 15-25 mph sustained, so I didn't get the full experience. If I had to put numbers on it I'd say 8/5/-.5/1.5. Fresh TP for me is a 8/4/-.25/3 and VIP 8/4/0/3. What little fade on my test Longbowman is very forward penetrating. Fresh TP dumps at the very end.

Last edited:
Got my VIP long b. in the mail from Marshall. Well actually I should have two carbon copies but Marshall didn't send them in the same order.

Will be testing them out against the tourneys to see what differences exist. As always disc weights will be the same for more accurate testing.

Went out to our local state park during lunch to throw my white 167 Vip. It was windy/variable winds and I only had a few throws so don't put to much stock into this.

The Vip plastic felt really good and tacky very similar to the tourney. As it would turn out I couldn't tell a difference in the plastic types-stablity wise. Again, all weights were the same.

I was a little disappointed as I was hoping they would be more os than the tourney. But now I'm thinking the white vip plastic will be a good summer/warmer weather plastic.

Got my hands on one of these - like it a lot. It feels like a Spark in the hand, but flies much better. Plenty stable too.

This was just added to the MST flight chart. They have it between the Saint Pro and the Striker. And faster than the Stag. Thoughts?

Looks wise, if you really study it very similar to the spark. Just that slight bevel/bead on it that I think gives a better release.

Some more throws with the VIP. Not seeing any stability differences but this run of Vip seems to be almost tourney like.

I would think something clear, more rigid and heavier would have been was I was looking for, for a more os compliment to my tournies.

Last edited:
Yeah, that shot by Drew is just a testament to how strong of a power thrower drew is. I have 2 VIP and 1 TP longbowman coming in the mail, excited as I haven't thrown them yet, and I have one Culverin in the bag now. The Culverin is starting to be a little unrealiable in some head wins so I'm thinking the longbowman will be a better candidate for the bag.

So, at my power (350' on the course w/my Saint Pros), could these kick out the Saint Pros? I currently cycle them for slightly OS to US (not Fury US or anything). There's a pretty good transition from my cycled Felons, to Saint Pros, to Fury. I love the flight of the Saint Pro, but prefer the feel of a flat top disc, and I can't fully trust my Saint Pros in the wind. So...can these Longbowman be cycled to fill the same gap?

Have a VIP in the mail. I know there was a comparison to an Elasto Sampo, but I'm hoping it's a more of a control driver for me, whereas my Sampos are my distance drivers aka the fastest thing I throw. I'm hoping this will replace my Rival with a touch more stability, kind of like a "Brinster" Rival if that makes sense? lol, I don't know how else to explain it... I have yet to find any disc (including Rivals) that flies like this gummy pink Icon one I have. I just prefer the feel of VIP so much more and Pinnacle just doesn't do it for me.

So, at my power (350' on the course w/my Saint Pros), could these kick out the Saint Pros? I currently cycle them for slightly OS to US (not Fury US or anything). There's a pretty good transition from my cycled Felons, to Saint Pros, to Fury. I love the flight of the Saint Pro, but prefer the feel of a flat top disc, and I can't fully trust my Saint Pros in the wind. So...can these Longbowman be cycled to fill the same gap?
I think the Longbowman is touch more stable than StPro, so it would overlap more with your beat in Felon to straight StPro depending on the wear. Getting that thing to replace the US StPro might take a lot of time (and trees).

Have a VIP in the mail. I know there was a comparison to an Elasto Sampo, but I'm hoping it's a more of a control driver for me, whereas my Sampos are my distance drivers aka the fastest thing I throw. I'm hoping this will replace my Rival with a touch more stability, kind of like a "Brinster" Rival if that makes sense? lol, I don't know how else to explain it... I have yet to find any disc (including Rivals) that flies like this gummy pink Icon one I have. I just prefer the feel of VIP so much more and Pinnacle just doesn't do it for me.
Isn't Rival pretty close to a Teebird? You could try the AJ or Brinster Teebird for that slot.

Haven't thrown either too much so hard to compare Longbowman to them. It's probably a tick faster.

Isn't Rival pretty close to a Teebird? You could try the AJ or Brinster Teebird for that slot.

Haven't thrown either too much so hard to compare Longbowman to them. It's probably a tick faster.

Yes, and have tried in the past. I love the way those Brinster birds fly, but I want something flat, like the Icon Rival I have. For some reason, my grip and Teebirds don't mix, just feels off. Also, I prefer my drivers in the 168-170 range, and it was hard to find a Brinster in that range.

Saint Pros are domey have more turn and glide. But still finish with similiar fade.

The longbowman is a bit shorter.

I didn't see the specs on that hole it looked like it actually played in the 400' range. I sure I'm wrong on that one but that's just my eye.

The longbowman leans more towards a utility driver in my opinion.

Great disc but not exciting as it does the work of an accurate slightly over stable fairway driver.

The longbowman leans more towards a utility driver in my opinion.
I disagree. It is the better saint pro - more hss less lsf. It can handle wind and as we've seen in the video it can handle power.

Cat crushed her drive pretty close on this same hole. Not to say that isn't still DAMN impressive, but that's a ~450' pump to be ~40' out on a 515', ever so slightly uphill hole. But Drew OVERTHREW the thing with a 9 speed, low glide disc... Damn. Cat was using a 13 speed high glide D1.

Latest posts