• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Westside tursas

Got one in a Westside box.

I had no idea what the number were, I just threw the discs blind.

I loved it immediately.

I hadn't found an application until today.

3da34ea4eaab766c626c136b19c06317_m_VStYfp5srSTOwdNj7NwOPZSVg84D.jpg

This is the only hole at my local course that is significantly technical. It's only 220 to the pin. But lots of cottonwoods and other trees, they angle left, they angle right, there's some geometry going on.

I threw 7 discs at this new placement. The new basket is now just a few feet from the creek. A disc goes in that creek, good chance it's gone bb gone. Was near enough an auto-birdie before the new pin. Now I bet we see a LOT of 4's this Weds during tags.

Damn, I'm draggin this out.

7 discs: 3x envy, Felon, Pyro, Tursas, Hex.

The only good results were with FH lines. Tried some BH anny, the trees don't reward that.

blah blah blah, Tursas ends up kicking serious butt on a gentle FH hyzerflip line

I did it twice to the exact same spot, it was a piece of cake. Ended up about 10 feet to 15 feet from pin, nice safe slide into the long grass.

I wish I had video, wish I could show it. I guess if you know, you nod your head and think yep. If Comet is like this, cool.

It had this perfect blend of holding the line, glide, anny, and fade. All that, but it was also pleasantly surprising in how it did that, somehow.

Last edited:
Hey nice necro bump! The Tursas is a solid disc, I only have a couple. I also found it was decent BH and better FH (or at least a little less touchy than a Comet). Depending on weights etc the Tursas should sit in between the Comet and Hex. It's a little faster than a Comet but it combines a comfortable amount of turn with a very short workable fade. I really liked the tournament plastic as well.

I think the Tursas is much easier to FH then a Comet. More comfy rim, cleaner releases. Get a domier one though. I really like mine (I have a few) for BH hyzerflip to straight shots. Just cruises out to 290-300 feet.

I slightly prefer the Tursas over the Fuse. Just a little better hand feel preference. It's a tick shallower feeling.

Best US midrange that is under the radar. I've tried the Fuse (still pretty nice), the Comet, Meteor, Mako3, Stingray, Warrant, Sol, Origin, Svea, etc...

Anyone else think this is the best?

Best US midrange that is under the radar. I've tried the Fuse (still pretty nice), the Comet, Meteor, Mako3, Stingray, Warrant, Sol, Origin, Svea, etc...

Anyone else think this is the best?

Among those, besides the Tursas, I've only thrown Meteor, Mako3, and Stingray.

I think the Meteor and Mako3 are exceptional, world-class molds.

I'm bagging the Tursas. You got yours in the Westside box? I noticed the shelves at the LDGS had just restocked last visit. Kick ass disc!

Among those, besides the Tursas, I've only thrown Meteor, Mako3, and Stingray.

I think the Meteor and Mako3 are exceptional, world-class molds.

I'm bagging the Tursas. You got yours in the Westside box? I noticed the shelves at the LDGS had just restocked last visit. Kick ass disc!

I did but I've had a couple others I've been throwing for like 5 years. Is that a local disc golf store (LDGS)?

I did but I've had a couple others I've been throwing for like 5 years. Is that a local disc golf store (LDGS)?

Yessir. I'm faking it until I make it as far as the abbreviations go. There's a lot of them flying around here, some RHBH, some OS FB flex LHFH.

But as far as the topic goes, Tursas is a legit disc that speaks for itself. Meteor would be my next choice, and I have never thrown a Comet or Fuse but suspect the flight of either of those would also be fantastic.

So I want to grab an understable mid for my buddy. He's an excellent ultimate player and throws disc golf discs accordingly. He used to throw some sick shots with a beat to **** buzzz but its a goner. His replacement mids are too stable.

Additional context: off the tee, he mostly throws fh drives because he can get those farther, 300-360 whereas I'm guessing best bh drive for him might be 280. Works an Aviar on approaches bh. I miss his bh drives.

He threw my DD Bounty (prime) a couple times which is similar to x Comet IMO. This was about there but I almost want more understable for him....and looking now at comments on Tursas vs Comet I'm thinking Tursas might even be too stable.... sigh. Any other thoughts?

So I want to grab an understable mid for my buddy. He's an excellent ultimate player and throws disc golf discs accordingly. He used to throw some sick shots with a beat to **** buzzz but its a goner. His replacement mids are too stable.

Additional context: off the tee, he mostly throws fh drives because he can get those farther, 300-360 whereas I'm guessing best bh drive for him might be 280. Works an Aviar on approaches bh. I miss his bh drives.

He threw my DD Bounty (prime) a couple times which is similar to x Comet IMO. This was about there but I almost want more understable for him....and looking now at comments on Tursas vs Comet I'm thinking Tursas might even be too stable.... sigh. Any other thoughts?

Oooh yeah. If the bounty is still stable I think you are right about the tursas. For me the tursas is like a slightly faster esp comet with the fade of a Z comet. The 174 lucid bounty is close to my uplinks but I think the uplinks are less stable, especially in standard neutron. 5 5 -3 0.5

I absolutely love uplinks, they have been like a seasoned x comet for me in premium plastic. Great shapers with late hint of reliable fade. The paradox is even more understable 5 5 -3.5 0 (?) You can get a little fade if you don't reef on it too hard or use a ton of hyzer but typically you can also turn it so it won't come back. Both are still usable and not total flip turds.

Last edited:
Which plastic was his beat to snot buzzz? If premium I would agree uplink. Now if he was throwing a D or X buzzz that was trashed paradox would be a great choice. I throw the paradox much like I would have thrown a broken in DX stingray in the distant past. Effortless flip ups in tail winds. Short range rollers. Get out of jail low power late turning shots.

Base plastic Tursas are should be pretty flippy at your buddy's BH distances. Can't comment on premium plastic stability.

I only had the one TP tursas, not big on base plastic round these parts. Great disc, got two aces on my first afternoon league round so I'm biased. :D one BH, one FH. Good dual threat disc.

My uplink is almost strictly BH. Neutron for sure, the soft neutron holds its touch of late fade better as it breaks in.

Of the handful of Tursas I've thrown, they've all been fuse stable or less. The last Tursas I bought (2-3 years ago, white VIP) was extremely understable.

The Meteor is super close in both flight and feel.

I have an old lava (still fresh) Tursas that I put in my bag for certain courses, but if I had to replace it I'd just pick up an ESP Meteor.

A fresh VIP Tursas should be nicely under-stable off the shelf: hyper flip to flat, gentle turn, finish straight. YMMV.

Which plastic was his beat to snot buzzz? If premium I would agree uplink. Now if he was throwing a D or X buzzz that was trashed paradox would be a great choice. I throw the paradox much like I would have thrown a broken in DX stingray in the distant past. Effortless flip ups in tail winds. Short range rollers. Get out of jail low power late turning shots.

Not sure but probably X or d. I'll check out paradox, uplink and baseline Tursas. Thanks all

Latest posts