• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Westside world

pask2155

Eagle Member
The other thread is to old to post in.

So how are the worlds flying? Anyone break them in to be bombers yet? It seems real fast!!!

Just so you know, with such older threads, there's a box to click acknowledging that you know how old the thread is that enables you to post in it.

Still need to toss my World myself....

The rim feels huge to me but I dont know if it's actually any bigger than what I normally throw.

I don't even know how much you would have to break these in. I had a few huge throws in my limited testing.

The rim is 2.4. So smaller then all the top speed stuff by a hair. I actually can grip it really well, where I have more trouble gripping a Nuke or Cannon. That .1 makes a big difference.

No I haven't thrown it yet though, SNOW SUCKS!

interesting

I also hate the nuke rim, so that probably isn't helping. I'm currently screwing around with a giant and world to see who gets a spot in the bag. I know they're different discs but I'm kinda hoping the world can cover my overstable shots.

I have several and my most worn is really starting to bomb. I can get a decent amount of turn out of it but it still has a strong fade(at 400-425pwr) I am carrying two in the bag right now 167with lots of use and a 174 with less wear(I have had these since the pre-release) I throw the fresher one for a harder fade and into headwinds. I am gonna try some TP's soon and am hoping that they are less stable and that I could eventually cycle these as an exclusive distance driver. Oh... and for those interested lets take this to the other thread. I think there are 3-4 now

Who is still throwing these? Heard a lot of people loving them a while ago, and have started to see less and less. What do you still love or hate about this disc? I am personally starting to love this disc more and more for big distance shots, and have even become more confident in throwing them on big lines in the woods when I would usually just throw a trespass or fairway driver. Anyways, just wanted to see where people were at with these, and any new loves they have acquired for this disc.

I still love the world, but I only use it for open holes >400'. I have one TP world that I got out to >450' (PR) but I had to put a new VIP in the bag because the TP was getting too much turn. I'm generally more confident throwing a crave or PD up to 400' especially because I get way less side to side motion, more consistently. But I haven't found anything better for distance drives. I still need Giants because I trust their HSS more than the Worlds.

Question: are Star/Gold/TP distance drivers longer that Champion/Opto/VIP? I'm not sure if that's true, but it seems like my TP world has more glide that my VIP, even though they're the same stability. I can get the TP one further consistently.

Question: are Star/Gold/TP distance drivers longer that Champion/Opto/VIP? I'm not sure if that's true, but it seems like my TP world has more glide that my VIP, even though they're the same stability. I can get the TP one further consistently.

Generally speaking, yes. Star/ESP/TP/Icon/etc will have a tick more distance overall, especially when worn in. The abrasions from wear break up the air surrounding the disc like the dimples on a golf ball.

Someone can go 400 level on my comment but I doubt you're looking for more info than I just gave you.

Who is still throwing these?
I'm just starting to get in to the World of Worlds. :doh::D

My main driver is the Trespass and I was looking for something a bit more stable. The VIP World was that for about a month, but it is now turning quite a bit as well. As a result it is my longest disc in the bag, but I probably need a new one for the tighter lines. Should be easier to find a stable World than a Trespass. Enforcer is great, but too much for a workhorse DD.

After some seasoning, the TP Worlds are distance machines. They go far and get there very fast.

I've been using mine for FH and BH and they work very well for both. No experience in major headwinds just yet, but typical windspeeds it's quite alright.

If you've got the arm for it, I highly recommend it.

After some seasoning, the TP Worlds are distance machines. They go far and get there very fast.

I totally agree. But that means that when you get past 425-450, you definitely need another mold to cover your overstable distance shots. I use the Giant, but I'd consider trying the stiletto. What do you guys use as the overstable complement to the World?

I totally agree. But that means that when you get past 425-450, you definitely need another mold to cover your overstable distance shots. I use the Giant, but I'd consider trying the stiletto. What do you guys use as the overstable complement to the World?

Stiletto or a Enforcer.

Fo sho - it's my distance driver of choice. I carry two in VIP (nearly identical - one slightly more beefy) and a well seasoned TP. I'm careful with the TP in headwind, but otherwise it's my 400ft+ bomber all day.

The other thread is to old to post in.

So how are the worlds flying? Anyone break them in to be bombers yet? It seems real fast!!!

Worlds don't need to be beat in if you have the power to throw them.

They are ok for a max D driver into a light headwind but definately need a hyzer release.
I throw my calm weather Max D shots with a touch of hyzer on a fairly fresh vip world. I have an opaque VIP I want to beat in and see if I can get a touch more glide in the finish without losing too much predictability.

I threw mine a lot playing a par 70+ event this weekend. Surprised myself and some other guys how consistently they were able to reach some of the longer pins. The more I trust them the less I am throwing my Giants.

I have two Worlds in my bag and they are my only distance drivers. 1 is tournament plastic @ 168g and the other is a 172g VIP. The tournament and VIP plastic feel very similar.

I do not have the biggest arm but the world is my longest disc in my bag. I can get the worlds out to 400 feet. The 168g has been worn in for a year and flies longer and more understable then the 172g which is new. My worn world flies 14/4.5/-1/3 where as the new 172g flies more true to the numbers 14/4/0/4.

The world has been in my bag for over a year and I have no interest in trying any other driver. The thing I really love about this disc is how accurate I am with it. I might get some flack for saying this but both of my worlds flight patterns are like extremely long teebirds. I consistently get asked what disc I threw after people see its flight.

I will continue to cycle Worlds and highly recommend the disc!

I want to get one beat in to replace my kings (if I can eventually roll them like the kings...) it will take a while with my preference to VIP.

I did have one low plh world that I didn't like, it was more squirrely than my stableish kings.

World bombs - it get 500' out of it, right on target - pure science baby!

I use the Enforcer; I find it to be fast and long enough (with a little wear) to compliment VIP Worlds very well. I like the World but I don't trust it in massive headwinds - the Giant (the only one I've got is a flat TP) is a bit too beefy and short for my needs.