• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] What’s in your putter slot?

Putters: Aviar PandA or Rhyno depending on stuff.

Throwers:
-Polecat or Sonic, one or the other/never both. Lids are highly underrated on a tightly wooded DG course.
-Aviar PandA (DX/DX Glow and auditioning R-Pro)
-Rhyno (DX, Champ, R-Pro)
-auditioning various forms of beaded Aviars

I bounce between P2s and Pilots. For longer putts, it's always the Pilot. The neutral flight and glide have awarded me more C2 putts and beyond in the last two years than I have made in 15 years of playing.

For throwing, I use a beat up Pilot for understable and Color Glow Champ P2 for straight to hyzer shots.
How overstable is your Color Glow P2 compared to P2s of other plastic types (for driving backhand)? Color Glow Is the only blend of plastic P2s come in, that I haven't thrown yet.

I'm a Clutch guy as well. Two black sparkle gravity at 175 for inside the circle, one swirly gravity at 170 for outside the circle. One shatter pinnacle at 175 for off the tee And upshots.

How did the shatter pinnacles mold up? Are they flat? Stiff or gummy? I am pretty curious about these.

How overstable is your Color Glow P2 compared to P2s of other plastic types (for driving backhand)? Color Glow Is the only blend of plastic P2s come in, that I haven't thrown yet.

The Eagle Color Glow P-Line is indistinguishable from the regular Eagle P-Lines. The Color Glow C-Line is right between my C-Line and S-Line. Good HSS, but the LSS is a little less pronounced than a C-Line.

As mentioned elsewhere, new putter loadout for the wet season:

Putting Dagger, possibly Zero Medium instead of the usual hards
Throwing Dagger, also possibly Zero Medium, might just putt and throw one medium
Star Mirage - easy turnovers all day, encroaches on mid distance
Proton Atom - looong straight putter, a hair more stable than your pures and proxies.
ESP Zone - Any premium zone would do here, not sure about ZFLX is all.

Skipping mids until it warms up, going straight to FDs.

Gave up on putters earlier this year. Yes, it was that bad. Switched to an ESP Comet for putting duties.

Last week, put the Polecats back in the bag. Learning to drive and approach with them. Still putt with the Comet between 15 and 30 feet. Use the polecat inside 15.

That's what happened to me and I tried a rattler which changed my world... Totally unlike my other putters and never looked back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have tried quite a few putters over the past decade or two. Currently I am just throwing and putting with Banger Gts. I also bag the Zone, but I use them as mids more than putters.

The time change means nothing but glow rounds for me. I swap in X-Soft Glo Roaches, which in the cold, stiffen up close enough to my Jawbreakers.

That's what happened to me and I tried a rattler which changed my world... Totally unlike my other putters and never looked back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a Rattler at the same time I bought a Polecat. The Polecat won out by a slim margin.

First off, I only use a putter for in the circle. I had been using the KC pro Aviar for around 3 years. I briefly used an ION proton and just recently have transitioned to a Reko in K3 plastic. I like a relative stiff and rather shallow putter with some grip. I also plan to start using the Reko and maybe the ION for approach shots.

Over the years I have tried many different putters:
soft VPs
RFFF Wizards
R-Pro Aviars
Mega soft Swan 2s
Today I use the BT Soft Swan 1 Reborn mostly, and a DX 150 class Aero for special occasions

Ive been using my buzzz. My dart just wasnt working for me and the buzzz has been a bit more consistent.
After reading dgcr, my next disc buy will be 3 or 4 identical putters so i can practice. Most likely wizards.

Wizards are great make sure you feel the plastic type before you buy cause gateway has a bunch for their putters. Also highly suggest Discmania d/x line p1x (similar to wizard) or a d/p line p2

I putt with SSS Wizards. (Or 4s, or 3.5S...who knows, maybe the dude at the Gateway factory just had a shaky hand that day.) I have a set of 3 identical ones--same color, same stamp--and the "S" markings on the back are all slightly different.

I also have JK Pro in the bag for upshots and half-runs, especially FH. The Aviar is more comfortable for me in FH grip, because it doesn't have such extensive tooling on the bottom.

If it's really windy, I'll putt with my JB Zone. Also sees plenty of use for upshots and get-out-of-trouble tosses. I'll also go Zone off the tee for some shorter holes, just because it's so reliable and easy to place. Kind of idiot-proof in that way.

The time change means nothing but glow rounds for me. I swap in X-Soft Glo Roaches, which in the cold, stiffen up close enough to my Jawbreakers.

Nice. I do a similar thing for glow season: Last year I got a pair of JK Color-Glo Aviars; they are great in the cold. I also have a CG Champ Rat for upshots or windier putting.