• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What Ace Race will you attend?

Red Oak Park, Burnsville, MN on Sept. 10th, hopefully one or two others in MN.

i have never done an Ace Race, how does it work if you sign up for multiples? do you get a new players pack for each one?

Yes.

Last year I picked up three packs, although I ended up selling all of those ESP Hornets because they did not fill the role I was looking for in a midrange.

Hop up to Becker on the 11th after you get done with the Red Oak.

I played Red Oak last year. I love the course for it, but I was very surprised that only one ace was hit. It has some very tricky but fun lines. I think the overstableness of the disc made it too tricky.

Also, GGGT runs one late in October. I believe we will be holding it on October 29th (whichever is the last Saturday of the month). It is traditionally played on the golf course next to Central Park in Brooklyn Park. Not a lot of obstacles but we work with what we got for trees. Because it is more open, I think we also have some of the longest Ace Race holes available. It will be 28 holes played twice. Plan on being out there for 3-4 hours if not longer.

Sounds like fun, I'll see what I can get together.

Becker isn't far, but it's still a decent drive for me, so staying up there and playing for a while would make it more worth it, and who knows maybe I'll get an ace out of it.

The largest Ace Race in the entire world at Dalaiwood on September 10th. This will be my 5th year in a row. :)

i have never done an Ace Race, how does it work if you sign up for multiples? do you get a new players pack for each one?

Around here, we try to arrange with other local Ace Race TDs to only charge $10 or $15 to play a later event if you already had the player's pack from a previous Ace Race...that's pure profit for the TD (and better than the $7 you make off each pack), no worries about pre-ordering a pack, so it usually goes over pretty well.

sept 17th at holly woods. the club is also holding a "1 disc championship" tourney the same day so that will be a good time. you get to carry 2 discs but they need to be the same mold.

I'll be running -- and maybe actually playing this year, thanks to finally getting volunteers! -- the one at LTC Cleveland on 09/11, followed immediately by our second (now annual) Ace Revenge where the winner gets a portable basket; lots of other prizes besides the Discraft package to be won!

Well, if I'm going to any, this will be the one!

Just saw that there will be one at Fewell Park in Rock Hill, SC. A perfect ace race course. One of the holes is actually about 70 feet from the short tee I believe.

Travis if you want more info on the Ace Race at Fewell you can contact me because I am good friends with the TD.

September 10th @ Bryan Park Richmond, VA
and the one in Colonial Heights in October

Directing the first ever in Lake Charles, LA. on Oct. 29. If you miss all the rest, we may be your last chance.

Latest posts