• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What all do you keep in your bag?

konza_kid

Birdie Member
Other than discs what are the things that you like to have in your bag? Are certain things season dependent? What is always in there?

Always there:
Towels, Advil, Band-Aids, Bottle Opener, Pen, Golf Pencils, Sharpies, Minis, PDGA Rulebook, Sunglasses pouch

Summer:
Sunscreen, Bug Spray, After-Bite, Birdie Bag

Fall/Winter:
UV Flashlight and spare battery, Hand warmers

Maybe I'll throw the Golden Retriever in there if there's a lot of water on the course. But most times I don't bother carrying it.

I try to keep it minimal.

Keys
Phone
Pencils
Safety supplies
Extra mini

I don't want to carry around a ton of stuff nor do I want to be pawing through my bag to find something. I prefer minimalist, light packs and load outs while hiking or playing.

towel
Sharpie
pen and small pad of paper
golden retriever
small 3" X 4" ziplock bag with aspirin, band-aids, antiseptic, etc.
fingernail clippers and tweezers are also in my ziplock bag
hand sanitizer wipes
small tube of sunscreen

I try to keep it minimal.

Keys
Phone
Pencils
Safety supplies
Extra mini

I don't want to carry around a ton of stuff nor do I want to be pawing through my bag to find something. I prefer minimalist, light packs and load outs while hiking or playing.

I feel similar, but there are so many instances where I wish I had certain things. guess I'll just load everything up and take out what I don't use.

I feel similar, but there are so many instances where I wish I had certain things. guess I'll just load everything up and take out what I don't use.

Different strokes for different folks. Some bring the kitchen sink and there's nothing wrong with that, I just don't like clutter or unnecessary weight.

Towels, ibuprofen, small first aid kit, warm up bands, chalk bag, pencils, sharpie. bug spray in the summer time, extra hand warmers in the winter

All times
Pocketknife
Mints
Towel
8x25 Monocular
Ziploc bags
Foam knee pad mini
Bluetooth speaker

Summer
UPF 50 sleeves and neck gaiter
Cooling bandana
Small solar umbrella
80 oz water, minimum

Winter
Wool Sleeves
Rain pants
Shell

Other than discs what are the things that you like to have in your bag? Are certain things season dependent? What is always in there?

Always a golf ball or two to get discs down from stuck high spots as I ruined a cheap water bottle trying to get a disc down once, a bunch of larger jar lids from work made into disc markers for those who need one as well as a few other actual mini markers, a towel or two is always clipped to my bag, and I have a multi tool for fixing my bag that I have proven the use for on fixing the bag. Oh I also have a piece of sandpaper for discs if they get rough spots from hitting something. I do have some local scorecards as well as generic with some home made for travel.

Last edited:
Main bag-
Nail files,
Zip ties,
Small spice container for pro dirt.
Towels/towel in zip lock.
Theraworx wipes.
Micro kite.
Lip balm.
Headphones.
79" vinyl measuring tape.
Swiss army on a carabiner.
Minis.
Tags,
Pencils, markers, cards.
Reusable gel hand warmer.
Cheap reusable water bottles.
Nail clippers.
That's all...

As a paramedic I carry ace wraps, advil, minor bandaging supplies, a tourniquet ( you never know ). Shears. You would be surprised the amount of ankles I have wrapped after people rolling their ankles out on the course. Keys, Phone, Wallet, bag tags, and lots of towels. Lots of water

Koozies
Snacks
Flight Towel for warm up
Towel(s) for discs
Microfiber towel for face
Sandpaper block
KwikStik XLH
First Aid (nail clippers, liquid bandage, athletic tape, sanitizer, Aleve)
Bug spray (if required)
Sunscreen (applied before round; will carry if necessary for reapplication)
Clipboard, pencils, Sharpies
Chapstick
Climbers chalk
Knife

Pencil
Sharpie
Towels
Minis
Random scorecards
Possum skull
Etc.

:D Possum skull.

Burt's Bees Lip Junk (Because chapped lips suck)
Burt's Bees Hand Junk (" " hands ")
Band Aids (It ain't a round of golf until someone's bleeding)
Advil/Medical Tape (I'm old, and stuff hurts)
Swiss Army Knife (I...can do anything with it)
Do-Rag/Knit Hat (Bed-head on the course is a no-no. Never know when the girlies'll be out.)
Several Towels (Always someone who forgets one)
Cigarettes and 2 Lighters (Self-explanatory)
About 10 Beer Huggies, Various Sizes (Again: always someone who forgets...)
Several Minis
Medicated Powder (Eases the sting of bites. Seriously)
Rosin Bag
Lots of water, Gatorade, and/or beer

There's more, but I grow weary.

My bag weighs a ton, but I'm ready for a mini-apocalypse in the woods. :thmbup:

Getting lighter.. rarely play courses without a loop by parking lot mid round. Carry a gorilla boy smaller bag mostly and vary shoulder strap or quads.

Towel(s) in zip locks
Couple pencils
Sharpie
Spare headphones
Small pack of wipes
A couple beverages
Speaker as needed
Bug spray as needed
Mosquito head net as needed
Glow kit as needed

Last edited:

Latest posts