• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

what are some good dg shoes from KEEN?

Keen is that company that tries to look like they make rugged outdoor apparel, but doesn't. The toe guard is great, but the shoe just doesn't hold up to punishment. :\:|:\:( They're like a Dave fan at a really heady show.:D

No such thing as a good shoe from Keen......

Agreed. For disc golf I am not a fan. I have had the Milo's which lasted less then 3 months. I have heard good things about the Targhee's. I have the red rocks for work and they are very comfortable. I have only played a few times in them and they are nice. Just on the heavy side.

well guys i appreciate the comments on pros n cons but im getting keens no matter what because i won a card for free pair in a raffle and yeti gave me a card for a free pair as well. so 2 free pairs of keens,no complaints.

i wear merrell moabs too and like them,im on my 2nd pair,and for 80 bucks new here, u cant beat it.

like i said though,free keens so i need options.

i tlkd to yeti yesterday a good bit and he was showing me his dela's and said his were great and hes had them for a bit. tthey got put thru the ringer last week at fly ink as it rained the whole time and was super muddy. he said he just washed em off and theyre good as new and still performed good in the weather so delas's are on my list

thx guys.

anybody use the tryon wp's? they look sweet and would be a nice light summer dg shoe

images-1.jpg

In the same boat. I was considering Keen Milo II but they just don't look right to me. The soles look aggressive but just aren't. I've had Merrell before and they've been great. I'm thinking the Merrell Moab Gore-Tex with the Vibram soles would give me more for the price tag.

i wear keen voyageurs and i'm on my third pair. they're the only shoe i've found that holds up for disc golf. the only problem with the voyageurs is that they're not waterproof.

I have Keen Newport sandals and the newport boots. I swear those sandals are the most comfortable thing I have ever put on my feet. I haven't Disc'd in them, but for a summer casual shoe, their awesome.

The Newport boots have treated me well for DG. I wear them when its really sloppy out or snowing. 100% water proof and really comfortable. The grip is ok, but not outstanding. Ive worn them through about a season and a half now and they are holding up well. still water proof, no holes or tears, but the sole is starting to wear a little.

I would go with the vega's. Shows more support for keens DG support.

BUT the more I look at reviews on all the shoes people wear, the more I just want to get another pair of bites.

Wait...I'm on my third pair? My work here is done.

no quite. each pair has lasted me a year which is far longer than any other brand i've worn for disc golf. usually the sole and/or toe starts separating. and my third pair is wrapped up and under the tree for 6 more days. :clap:

wear what you want. i wear keens.

well i ordered some dela's today, gonna look at the targhees and tryon's some more. id like a light dg shoe but i dont think the tryons would last.

I would recommend the Redrocks. Wore one pair all of this year and they were some of the most comfortable shoes I've had. Towards the end of the year my toes would get slightly wet during a real wet round and the souls are fairly worn. I still liked them enough to get another pair for next year.

I wanted to like the Targhee II but they were too wide for my feet. The Redrocks are slightly narrower.

just like it says, im ordering two pairs of KEENS for myself . im getting some delaveagas and was looking for suggestions on the 2nd pair. no milos for me since i heard those were junk. any good recommendations,lmk. price isnt an issue because theyre free

lmk what ur usin
how much golf u do
and how long youve had them

thx peeps!

UPDATE
Tread coming unglued on my Milo IIs. Been wearing them off dgolf course only: VERY low wear, low stress situations and they have very few miles on 'em.

PFFFFT!

Booter: Get the delas and cross yer fingahs!

delas are one piece and i ordered the tryons as well. should be good to go :). i knew the milos were known for fallin apart but no dg use? damn that sucks

I got these bad boys for winter DG as a christmas gift

wolve460080_242600_jb.jpg

I'm pretty sure the rest of me will be cold before my feet are

i knew the milos were known for fallin apart but no dg use? damn that sucks

I have played about 5-10 holes ever in them. Once I saw how slippery the milos were I just wore my trekkers with the 'kung fu grip' vibram soles.

Used the Milos for grocery getters after that...and they STILL detonated