• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

what are some good keen shoes for dg?

BIF13 said:
where is the best place to buy keens?
depends on what model you're looking for. i wear keen voyagers and buy them at rei. buying gear from rei is nice since you can always return it if something goes wrong.

You can buy Other Keen shoes almost anywhere. I'm asking where can you buy Delaveaga's other than Keen's website?

I wear my Delaveagas all the time, for everything, for about 5 months now. This is heavy use, compared to if you just use them during rounds. The soles still have great grip, even though the middle part is wearing quite thin. I'm going to grab another pair, soon.

Also, they say you should choose a size that is one-half bigger than usual. But don't go too far. When I tried on my pair, they seemed a little snug, but they broke in after a few days and fit like a glove.

chunk said:
...buying gear from rei is nice since you can always return it if something goes wrong.

Just be careful, with REI you have to save all the little paper receipts and such and be careful not to lose any...they refused to guarantee one of my shoe purchases when I didn't have the original register receipt (I wrongly thought they kept an electronic record and that it would be honored without paper). I ended up stuck with a pair of shoes that were 1/2 size too large, though I still used them.

JHern said:
Just be careful, with REI you have to save all the little paper receipts and such and be careful not to lose any...they refused to guarantee one of my shoe purchases when I didn't have the original register receipt (I wrongly thought they kept an electronic record and that it would be honored without paper). I ended up stuck with a pair of shoes that were 1/2 size too large, though I still used them.
rei membership eliminates this problem and gets you 10% back on purchases. it does cost $20 to join it but pays for itself after a few years in yearly dividends.

chunk said:
JHern said:
rei membership eliminates this problem and gets you 10% back on purchases. it does cost $20 to join it but pays for itself after a few years in yearly dividends.

I was a member at the time, and I am still a member today.

JHern said:
chunk said:
JHern said:

I was a member at the time, and I am still a member today.
my bad. i haven't had that problem before.

Was wondering if Keen or DeLaveagas make any shoes that work well for runners as well?

I have a pair of keen tryon wps and they are very nice. They do run a half size small, so consider that if you order them. I am the kind of person that hates hiking boots, I like a light more athletic feeling shoe, and the tryons definitely fit the bill. Awesome grip, lightweight, and very comfy. They have held up very nice, so if your looking for that type of shoe then I recommend them. The only complaint I have about them is the loop on the heel to help you pull your shoe on. It was very annoying so I just cut it off! Easy fix lol

Oboz firebrand 2, save yourself money wasted on shoes that don't last more than a few months. I have been wearing mine for 1.5 yrs now just bought another pair for the future, went through 3 pairs of Merrill's and 2 pairs of keens. Oboz best disc golf shoe period!!!

Great Budget Option: Avia A6079 $40

These are an excellent value. They are comfortable, durable, and provide excellent grip. Played a league round in the snow last night, and my feet stayed dry despite walking through snow for two hours. Felt the insides after I got home and the heel was slightly damp (probably from snow dropping down around the ankle) but everywhere else was completely dry.

http://www.keenfootwear.com/us/en/product/shoes/men/industrial/detroit%20mid%20(soft%20toe)

I got a pair of Detroits a bit ago and love em for disc. The ankle support is what sold the shoe for me really.