• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What are your favorite Targets/Basket on the course?

What Target/Basket Manufacturer is your favorite to throw to.

• DGA

Votes: 46 36.5%
  • Innova

Votes: 60 47.6%
  • Ching

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • InStep

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • WestSide

• Lightening

• Disc Nation

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Catching Targets

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Other

Votes: 16 12.7%

• Total voters

Vibramterraius

Bogey Member
Most Targets/Baskets on the courses have various features and behave differently when hit.

What are your favorite target/basket to throw to when playing courses?

What are some of the goods/bads of baskets you've thrown to?

DGA targets like Mach V and above really seem to increase my putting success rate. On the flip side InStep targets hurt my score causing more missed putts per round. After careful review of many target brands/designs it has made me realize that when putting I really need to examine the targets as they can make a big difference in our success.

DGA and Innova are all I ever see at NC courses. I prefer the Innova because they at least have the yellow band on top. I would like to see more color added to baskets. Especially neon orange and pink. Those are the perfect colors for standing out.

Because my vision sucks, I prefer the band on Innova targets. It helps the visibility so much. I've not thrown on Latitude or Prodigy baskets but I'd imagine those would work just as well.

I like the DC Chainstars a lot. If I had a 2nd vote it would be for DGA.

The Gateway Titans are very nice.

I voted Innova even though my home course has Mach 2's, and I also have a Discatcher Sport at the house which sealed my voting choice.

One course close by has all 18 holes that are Discatcher Pros and one a little further away has Discatcher Pros on the front nine and shoddily installed Insteps on the back nine!

Those insteps make even close putts a challenge because when they were converted to a permanent install the poles are too short so the chains drape over the outside of the catching "basket" on them! They are just plain horrible :gross:.

I don't have a favorite basket manufacturer. Some of DGA's models are better than others. Newer style Discatcher Pros blow away the old ones.

Insteps and Chings are practice baskets. I just find it funny they're on the list while Chainstars and Titans aren't.

I've got one of these in my backyard, but I've never seen them on a course.

The Mach series of baskets seem to work just fine.

Medard in Tampa has 18 Gateway Titans on it. I described them in my review as spectacular.

I think the best thing Discraft makes is baskets.

... that's about it. Love their baskets.

I'm not all that picky about baskets, but I do really like the innova top band for visibility as I play a lot of new courses and that can save quite a bit of extra scouting.

At my home course we have a mixture of DGA Mach V's and Arroyo baskets. I despise the Innova baskets. There's nothing worse than hearing that clank when hitting that yellow band.

At my home course we have a mixture of DGA Mach V's and Arroyo baskets. I despise the Innova baskets. There's nothing worse than hearing that clank when hitting that yellow band.

I love/hate that sound. Love it when someone else hits it, hate it when it's me. Nothing worse, but that's it's charm. Just the opposite of that oh so sweet, Cha-Ching!

Mach X. Catches like no other. Maple Hill has them with colored baskets that really stand out. On the other hand, I can't stand baskets with a chastity belt.

DGA and Innova are all I ever see at NC courses. I prefer the Innova because they at least have the yellow band on top. I would like to see more color added to baskets. Especially neon orange and pink. Those are the perfect colors for standing out.

Yeah, dga and innova dominate NC but I prefer DGA because they're less likely to be messed up or rusted.

Nothing more annoying than the donk when you miss high on an innova basket.

Also, it just looks like a smaller target to me with the band.

Latest posts