• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What are your go to discs?

prohopkid

Birdie Member
I have a lot of discs 30+ that i've got to try and throw for different reasons, holes, and situations (I'll sell some)..but I have 4 that I've come to love. These ones are my go to discs and my most thrown discs I have. What do you guys think? What do you guys throw? Should i spice up and change my arsenal? I have the Dynamic Discs mystery box coming in the mail, cant wait! Here's my 4 go to must have discs

Putter - Gateway SSS Wizard
Mid - Discraft Buzzz OS (also use for Flick)
Control Driver - Prodigy F7 400g
Distance Driver - Lat 64 Saint and the Saint Pro (windy days)

Anyone throwing similar? The Buzzz OS has done more for me than I have ever expected!

Use what works for you. Don't need to change them if they are working for you. I haven't changed a mold in my bag in 2.5 years.

My go to:
Putter- Yeti Pro
Mid- Ching roc
Fairway(ish)- Firebird
Distance- Boss

Use what works for you. Don't need to change them if they are working for you. I haven't changed a mold in my bag in 2.5 years.

My go to:
Putter- Yeti Pro
Mid- Ching roc
Fairway(ish)- Firebird
Distance- Boss

I feel you on that, just trying to figure out what works like magic for me. How many discs do you usually carry? I take 20 with me when i play.

Nova, leopard3, thunderbird, firebird.

I can be confident to throw almost every shot even on a new course with these four discs.

Leopard3 is really being go to right now or id say teebird.

What else flies like like a Teebird? Everyone always says they have one and that they love it, its probally up there with second most bought disc with the Buzzz being #1

Ape, Firebird, Stag, Cell/Yao, Harp can roll on 90% of those with those guys.

Star Classic Roc, X Buzz, Pro Leopard, or SP Undertow are what I find myself grabbing most often but like you I carry 20. I have all of my discs logged in my DGCR profile so you can check out what's in my bag if you wish.

My son loves his Saint Pro on windy days; my headwind disc is a Discmania G-line PD.

What else flies like like a Teebird? Everyone always says they have one and that they love it, its probally up there with second most bought disc with the Buzzz being #1

Depends on what you want out of a disc..my Crave comes close, but it fades harder at the end of flight.

Currently:

My go-to for missing putts: Soft Electron Atom
My go-to for flying perfectly until hits that same *$&# tree: N Insanity
My go-to for finding the wettest, muddiest ditch on the course: N Crave

I just took my Teebird out of the bag and replaced it with a Saint Pro. I think a go to is also something that is irreplaceable. For me, that's the SL

Wizard
Patriot
Firebird
Wraith

I never plan on taking one of those out of the bag. Although the Roc used to be on this list but MD3s have been pushing them out.

Latest posts