• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What backpack bag should I buy?

"most of the people" that agree with you are good.

"everyone" that disagrees with you is bad.

:rolleyes:

So if someone doesn't like the bag, then in your mind they are a bong wielding, drunk moron?

huh.
boy does this get old :doh:
it is this kind of situation, and these kinds of actions, (throughout DGCR), that in my mind, help contribute to the stereo type and generalization, that most disc golfers are a bunch of pot smoking/beer drinking idiot chuckers

and thats too bad, because i know thats not the reality of it

"most of the people" that agree with you are good.

"everyone" that disagrees with you is bad.

:rolleyes:

this ^^^^ is that lack of reading comprehension skills, i was referring to

there isn't really anything to agree or disagree with in my earlier statement

Ya know, this constant & petty bickering (not debating) is really starting to turn me off to this forum.

As for the Salient conversation. BOTH sides are downplaying how adamantly they're arguing their point & exaggerating how the other side responds to it. The actual quality of the bag has yet to be seen, be it good or bad. But, the truth is, the people that have ordered the Catalyst don't want to hear anything negative about it at all, even if the "nay sayers" are making good points. The bag looks like it should be decent, if it ever gets here. Until then, nobody knows anything.

Lastly, Heavy Critters may post in most of the bag threads, but I would hardly say he is one of the members bringing it down. I would think more people would have an axe to grind with steinkcm.

I like reading the threads about the different backpacks available, partially b/c I'm curious if a combination of lower price and interesting features can make me change my mind and decide maybe I do need to be in the market for a backpack bag. As it is right now, I don't see myself buying a backpack for disc golf, but I don't have the spare money right now anyway, so there is still time before I am shopping :)

Mystery Ranch Golf Mahal is the best disc golf bag being made.

They are a serious backpack company that decided to make a backpack specific for disc golf. Not a disc golf start up that is trying to reinvent the backpack using cheaper materials that turn out to feel like a cheap peice of luggage.

Amen!!! :clap:

Grip can suck a fat one. Too much money for what you get.

So...you can say this about one company but if you say anything negative about another company that starts with a S and ends with a T you can get banned? Hmmmm... ok :doh:

Its about where u say it. If u want to start a thread about how bad the customer service is Tim said that was fine. Just don't clutter up an info thread with that crap

Ya know, this constant & petty bickering (not debating) is really starting to turn me off to this forum.

As for the Salient conversation. BOTH sides are downplaying how adamantly they're arguing their point & exaggerating how the other side responds to it. The actual quality of the bag has yet to be seen, be it good or bad. But, the truth is, the people that have ordered the Catalyst don't want to hear anything negative about it at all, even if the "nay sayers" are making good points. The bag looks like it should be decent, if it ever gets here. Until then, nobody knows anything.

Lastly, Heavy Critters may post in most of the bag threads, but I would hardly say he is one of the members bringing it down. I would think more people would have an axe to grind with steinkcm.

Thank you, sir.

:)

I don't know. I think my pictures won some people over.

Oh, that's fair. Such is life.

I would rather bring up points and add to the conversation (even if people get upset) than sit idle and allow people to be fed lies.

Either way, I do like my Grip, but I think the Ergo 2 looks nice!

Simian. Do it.

Two things I wanted to mention in regards to the Simian in relation to your criteria.

One, it's light: way lighter than it looks. The frame is PVC; empty, it's barely there.

Two: the storage does a good job of accommodating a wide number of discs. The main compartment holds 12, the base pocket holds 3, and 2 putter pockets that hold one each. So if you're traveling light, you can have 12 discs + 2 putters and not have things flopping around. At the same time, you can easily fit 7 in each of the two side pockets, so if you have need of more, you can have them.

Plus, you automatically have a seat that is more comfortable than any stool you'll find. I've *loved* having mine.

Just some thoughts I wanted to put out there. Get what you think'll work best!

i have, and i suppose i am probably one of those people you are referring to.

but if you take the time to reread the thread with an unbiased view.
you will find that most of the posts, that are in favor of the bag, are not nearly "blindly vouching" as you would like to think they are :\

what i think is funny, every time this bag comes up, most the people on the positive side of the bag,
are just reading and replying to questions and/or asking questions with some of the known info that is at hand.

everyone that is on the negative side of this bags conversations, never bother to read with any comprehension, or they clearly change the question/statement (in their own mind) to fit their negative attitude towards salient

it is this kind of situation, and these kinds of actions, (throughout DGCR), that in my mind, help contribute to the stereo type and generalization, that most disc golfers are a bunch of pot smoking/beer drinking idiot chuckers

sorry for the rant, its just been wearing on me, carry on:\
Obviously!
Haha. This post cracks me up. Matt. But I have to disagree. People form Their opinions of discers based on what they see at the course. They dont read DGCR
The only people forming opinions or judging discers...is discers. To everyone else, we're just the pot smoking hippies that over run the woods and get to play in their dogs pooping grounds. No one cares about us at all until they have to share their woods with us. And Who cares about people who will let their dogs start crapping all over property once golfers show up. Haha.

i have, and i suppose i am probably one of those people you are referring to.

but if you take the time to reread the thread with an unbiased view.
you will find that most of the posts, that are in favor of the bag, are not nearly "blindly vouching" as you would like to think they are :\

what i think is funny, every time this bag comes up, most the people on the positive side of the bag,
are just reading and replying to questions and/or asking questions with some of the known info that is at hand.

everyone that is on the negative side of this bags conversations, never bother to read with any comprehension, or they clearly change the question/statement (in their own mind) to fit their negative attitude towards salient

sorry for the rant, its just been wearing on me, carry on:\

Obviously!
Haha. This post cracks me up. Matt. But I have to disagree. People form Their opinions of discers based on what they see at the course. They dont read DGCR
The only people forming opinions or judging discers...is discers. To everyone else, we're just the pot smoking hippies that over run the woods and get to play in their dogs pooping grounds. No one cares about us at all until they have to share their woods with us. And Who cares about people who will let their dogs start crapping all over property once golfers show up. Haha.

this is only referring to my perception, not the general public :\

I would get an innova competition bag. I don't have this bag so don't quote me on this; I'm a newbie, I've been playing for 0.3 years, and I have a stop and stop bag to hold my discs. I'm not saying stop and shop bags are bad though :)