• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What Bag do i get?

ILackDiscance

Bogey Member
Had the Magellan, and it's starting to rip (that's what I get for buying a $40.00 bag)

Looking at the Grip C15 and Ranger bag, Any Suggestions or Feedback on those two bags? The downside to the C15, is I will have to take out some extra discs I have.

Or if you have another bag suggestion. I'm looking to get one for no more than $200

those two bags come down to a size/capacity debate.

I have a C14 & it isn't built to carry extras. I love it for its minimalism but others wish they could carry more with theirs. The ranger will hold a bunch of discs and has the huge crap stash up top.

I have a helix and a Spark from Salient-- I don't think there is a better "bag for your buck" made of high quality materials.... I also own a Flak (3 version) which I LOVE also but above the $200 price.

http://salient-discs.com/spark-small-backpack/

You could actually get 2 of their bags, the small spark and medium ember (very big still as the helix is HUGE) for $200

those two bags come down to a size/capacity debate.

I have a C14 & it isn't built to carry extras. I love it for its minimalism but others wish they could carry more with theirs. The ranger will hold a bunch of discs and has the huge crap stash up top.

I've never owned a great bag, so pardon the silly questions. I assume the C14 stands up on its own, if you place it down to putt? How many discs are you able to fit, I realize their site says 14 in main compartment with 2 in putter quiver, is it 14 comfortably, or could you fit more in there?

2 colors appear to be. Looked like three were available. I could be wrong.
Shift is sold out.

Edit: And sorry, OP, I know this isn't one of the bags you asked about. I wanted to throw it in because of the price and the full size.

yeah at the sale price the upper parks are dope. I'm not seeing one available though :\

if you click on the colors... you'll see, for now, that other colors are still available. at first its confusing because the black is sold out. that has to be one of the better values you'll ever see for a high quality DG back pack at $150.00

I am loving my Salient Ember and the Spark looks good too. Ember is a big bag with a lot of good features for only $125 so there aren't many that size(grip, ranger, etc.) for that price.

The ranger will hold a lot more, both discs and storage. The C14 is built better and will last a lot longer. The C14 is super minimal. I cant even fit my wallet in It. Its an extremely light carry tho, which I like a lot.

The C fits 14 very comfortably. I Carry 17 in mine when I use it and i think its a tight but reasonable fit. The putter quiver will actually hold 3 putters comfortably when drawn all the way ddown, and I even stash a utility driver I dont use much in the quiver too.

There is a hige thread on the C14 here with lots of pictures, walkthroughs, and discussion

Keep in mind there will be some used Grip A14s for sale in the Marketplace soon, the 2015 bags are allegedly shipping in late May. Picking up an A14 in the $175 range would be a great deal.

Come autumn, winter, and spring, you'll find the C14 or C15 doesn't have the storage you need to stash a jacket. The C14 and C15 stand up when set on the ground.

Check out the Grip B15 bag. Of course, the AX15 is looking like a great bag too!

For something cheaper and basic, I like the DD Soldier bag with quad straps. The Fade Tourney is pretty nice too, again with the quad straps. These typically don't have a rainfly, but the Fade brand quad straps have a rainfly option. I personally think quad strap bags (the bag and the added on straps) need to stay below $75 though.

The DD Ranger is nice bag, but lacks an OEM rainfly. The ones I see locally that are a year old look pretty banged up though, these bags aren't as bombproof as Grip from what I've seen.

The ranger will hold a lot more, both discs and storage. The C14 is built better and will last a lot longer. The C14 is super minimal. I cant even fit my wallet in It. Its an extremely light carry tho, which I like a lot.

The C fits 14 very comfortably. I Carry 17 in mine when I use it and i think its a tight but reasonable fit. The putter quiver will actually hold 3 putters comfortably when drawn all the way ddown, and I even stash a utility driver I dont use much in the quiver too.

There is a hige thread on the C14 here with lots of pictures, walkthroughs, and discussion

The C14 and now I'd assume the C15 is the perfect bag for what I want in a DG bag. I almost never carry more junk than a granola bar or two, wallet, keys phone & a mini. My C14 will hold these and plenty of discs for me to play a competitive round of golf. The durability so far seems incredible and I am beyond pleased with the purchase.
Some folks will give the C14 trouble bc it doesn't come with a rainfly but I don't golf in the rain often so this has not affected me.

The Ranger is a pretty nice bag in terms of features but really lacks in durability from what I can tell. I had a buddy with a Ranger that the bottom wore through in a matter of months.

Not to add to your dilemma but Gateway offers some VERY nicely priced bags that aren't overly attractive but they are built pretty tough, hold a lot of discs and provide a comfortable ride.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I'm adding the Salient Ember to my list of possibilities. One reason I was leaning towards the C14, is during tourneys my wife actually caddys for me (by her choice lol) so I would like something lighter but doesn't compromise a good amount of discs.

Anybody have experience with the Prodigy Tourney bag with Straps?? I've heard once you go backpack you never go back, It IS much cheaper option, but not sure if it's comfortable.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I'm adding the Salient Ember to my list of possibilities. One reason I was leaning towards the C14, is during tourneys my wife actually caddys for me (by her choice lol) so I would like something lighter but doesn't compromise a good amount of discs.

The C14 is amazingly light.
I've owned a Grip A series, Simian, Ember & now the C14... (I'm a bag whore... what can I say) and the C14 is the bag that I have enjoyed the most.
It is incredibly compact. They look small on the web and they are even smaller in person. Really, if you don't care to lug around a bunch of swag, the C14 is my hands down suggestion.

Lat 64 backpack is a solid choice at $200.

Shouldn't have to drop any of your discs and the build quality seems pretty solid despite being made in China.

Anybody have experience with the Prodigy Tourney bag with Straps?? I've heard once you go backpack you never go back, It IS much cheaper option, but not sure if it's comfortable.

My friend won a Prodigy tourney bag and tried using it for less than half a season before it started falling apart on him. The bag is comprised of cheap material and is poorly put together.

Latest posts