• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What can I do to go from 500' to 600'?

i agree, and it looks odd because usually people dont have the arm to pull that off..

then again maybe you need height to get that far, i wouldnt know.

Big D requires a lot of height to let the disc turn over and still have time to hook up.

Watch the Wiggins video that was just posted somewhere. You have to throw "nose up" to get that sort of distance. I don't know that I've seen someone throw a tunnel shot over 400'

I'd like help to get from 300' to 310' max D.

I love reading this thread, but for some reason I just can't imagine ever throwing 500' (or 450, 425, 400...)...

Maybe you've reached the limit to which a disc can be thrown. I for one would be content(or at least I think I would) to reach 500' on a hyzer line. Maybe anything over that distance would need to be more of a distance line and not applicable to course play...but what do I know I top out at 360'. There are physical limits to how far a disc can be thrown by humans though and you could/should take pride in knowing that you are pushing/have pushed those limits. I do know for a fact that no matter how good one gets at anything, there will always be someone better. It's just a matter of time.

Watch the Wiggins video that was just posted somewhere. You have to throw "nose up" to get that sort of distance. I don't know that I've seen someone throw a tunnel shot over 400'

the angle of the disc in relation to your hand is still about the same you're just throwing it higher.

400' tunnel shots are quite possible

95% of people saying they can throw over 500 can't.

True. This past weekend in the A-Tier in Cedar Rapids, I watched a guy put it pin high on hole 15 at Shaver. It's a 470' tunnel, no elevation. Disc was never more than 6-8 ft off the ground. :gross:

the angle of the disc in relation to your hand is still about the same you're just throwing it higher.

Well said. I was more referring to the commonality of it. I should have said, "it's not every day you see a 400' tunnel shot".

+1.

In this video he gets 507 on a hyzer line. Anyone have a video of him (or anyone) getting 600 on a hyzer line? Seems like it would be impossible to do with any kind of consistency that would be suitable on the course.

That was actually a flex shot. It only went 500 feet because it was very cold out. Temperature actually makes a huge difference in distance. 80-90 degrees out and it probably wouldve gone over 650 feet.

In this video he gets 507 on a hyzer line. Anyone have a video of him (or anyone) getting 600 on a hyzer line? Seems like it would be impossible to do with any kind of consistency that would be suitable on the course.

I guarantee that GG wouldn't be throwing 600' on a hyzer line.

I don't recall seeing any videos (the one you linked was to a distance competition which is not golf distance). I do remember Feldberg mentioning him throwing 800' or something insane like that in one of the DGMonthly clinics last year.

I'd imagine Brinster could do it too. Both of those guys have some serious cannons.

95% of people saying they can throw over 500 can't.

where did you get this stat from? didn't you say you could throw over 500?

i have thrown over 500 but i usually can't, i need wind help. speaking of golf lines the only time i think i've thrown over 500 on the course was when i threw my drive over the pond on 12 at bradford

where did you get this stat from? didn't you say you could throw over 500?

Just an opinion. I've been to the Big D in the desert and seen 600 foot throws and they are unreal how far they are. I remember out there I KILLED one and it was like 480. It's crazy how far 500 actually is.

But yes, I have thrown over 500. And I have it documented in an official distance contest.